Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fulnir

[DogTags] - Share yours!

165 posts in this topic

I've managed to get bits of it working, should have an answer for you in shortly, will edit it in.

[e] Got it working perfectly, I think. Including the if Dead, put message to clear focus bit. Hope that is what you are looking for.

Thx, Looking good, I'll surely use it, and I hope other people can use it also.

----

Decided to post some of the dog tags I use:

Health:

[Outline][Status][~Status ? [IsMana ? [CurMP:Short:Append( × )] ! [IsRage ? CurMP:Hide(0):Append( × ) ! CurMP:Short:Append( × )] ] ][~Status ? IsFriend ? [SureHP ? [Text([CurHP:Short] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ][~Status ? IsEnemy ? [SureHP ? [Text([CurHP:Short] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ]
I tried to put as much info into one line as i could: First number is mana/rage/energy (rage is hidden if 0), Next its health(if mobhealth knows it, else its hidden). Then its Health%. Name:
[Outline][Classification:Append(.)][Level:DifficultyColor][IsPlayer ? Name:ClassColor:Prepend(.) ! Name:Prepend(.)][AFKDND:Prepend( is ):Color(FEF2C5)]

Same here: So its Classification,lvl,Name(classcolored if player) and afk/dnd

Looks something like this.

tagshf8.th.jpg

[e] Got it working perfectly, I think. Including the if Dead, put message to clear focus bit. Hope that is what you are looking for.

That's absolutely amazing. Thank you very much I'm going to go try this out with various debuffs on my hunter.

Here are a few that I use at the moment on my target unitframe:

Name - Displays the target name, their status when you mouseover the frame and displays whether or not the target's a boss (while we're on this topic, is there any better dogtag method of checking if the target's a boss?)

[Name] [IsMouseOver ? AFKDND:Angle] [Classification:Contains(Boss) ? Text(Boss):Paren:Gray]
Spec - Displays the target's talents.

[IsPlayer ? IsEnemy ? TalentTree] [IsPlayer ? IsEnemy ? TalentSpec:Prepend( - )]

Debuffs (I have this tag showing in a blank bar on Pitbull) - If the target's in combat, lists what tank damage mitigation and melee damage increasing debuffs the target has currently, shows -TC when there's no thunderclap present, -CoR when there's no Curse of Recklessness present, etc. (Supports TC, DS, CoR, FF, FF (Feral) and SA. I'm also currently thinking of adding a check if the target's a boss or not since some of this data is kinda useless on trash mobs)

[Outline][CanAttack ? InCombat ? [HasAura(Thunder Clap) ? Text() ! Text(-TC):Red] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Demoralizing Shout) ? Text() ! Text(-DS):Red] ] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Blood Frenzy) ? Text() ! Text(-BF):Red] ] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Faerie Fire) | HasAura(Faerie Fire (Feral)) ? Text() ! Text(-FF):Red] ] ] [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text() ! Text(-CoR):Red] ] ] [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Sunder Armor) ? Text() ! Text(-SA):Red] ] ]

This thread is incredible. I never thought about how useful dogtag can be. I'm going to have to re-do my entire interface now.

NB- Dogtag works with Aloft. Just brain food for the minimalists out there.

how do these dog tags work i'm really liking the poly and show spec ones

[Outline][HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Angle:Yellow] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 5] ? [Text(Sheep running out!):Angle:Cyan] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 10] ? [~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Angle:Green] ][~HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [~Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Resheep!):Angle:Red] ] ][Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Dead - Clear Focus):Angle:Gray] ]
sheepnv6.th.jpg
[IsPlayer ? TalentTree] [IsPlayer ? TalentSpec:Prepend( - )]

ufdogtagbu6.jpg

Nice to have for World PvP and Battlegrounds.

This thread is incredible. I never thought about how useful dogtag can be. I'm going to have to re-do my entire interface now.

Aloft uses too much memory for my taste. But yes, DogTags can do many things in a single line ;)

Is it just me or do text size modifiers like Abbreviate and Trunc not work on Aloft tags? I can't seem to get [Name:Trunc(15)] working (keeps saying "Invalid Tag").

I did something similar to the sheeping one with threat. Basically, I wanted a threat indicator on the target frame instead of the player frame. Since I never need to know the mana of NPC's, and I never need to know the threat of PC's, I did this:

[~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat < 75 ? [MaxThreat:White:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat >= 75 < 90 ? [MaxThreat:Yellow:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat >= 90 ? [MaxThreat:Red:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][IsPlayer ? ~HasNoMP ? FractionalMP]

What it will do show mana as a fraction (ie 5446/10013) if it's a player, or threat that changes color at certain percentages if it's a mob.

A couple of Tags I have been wondering about recently, the in combat tag that recolours a persons frame based on combat isn't really useful in a raid, so I was wondering if on certain encounters based on big wigs warnings if a mod like pitbull could tell you for example who was below 8500 health for najentus, below 3000 mana for Kaz'rogal and innervates in general and a scrolling left to right transparency for potion cooldown monitoring and maybe a blow up like Big Wigs does to timers when certain people reach certain thresholds of threat and mana pool values.

I'm not sure all of this is accomplishable with tags, but some of it should be, like recolouring a unit frame or changing the size of a unit frame once a certain number has been reached.

This thread is very helpful.

There are many fights where establishing a range can be very useful.

What I want to do is use a dogtag on my target and focus frames to display range. Is this possible?. I had a look through the help info for dogtags on pitbull,and I see that Range is a valid tag. But the best I can get it to display is a "+". Is there a way to display range as a live number or is the best I can do rough estimates eg 20-30yrds etc.

if there's a range checker for skills on your target, I'm sure you can display the range on your focus target etc.

Currently all range checkers work off the principle of inherently knowing the range you can do a certain thing, and whether you can do it. Whether this is simple details such as whether the blizzard interface tells you, that you are out of range with a certain ability, or things such as inspect range etc. I'm fairly certain explicit distances are never reported. Whether dogtags/ace has a standard method of determining a range that the distance is currently within or not, i don't know

Enhancer is a shaman mod that displays how far you are away from your totems, and in green says if you're in range, and red out of range, and this takes into account your talent spec, so there is a way, I just don't know it.

I've managed to get bits of it working, should have an answer for you in shortly, will edit it in.

[Outline][HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Angle:Yellow] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 5] ? [Text(Sheep running out!):Angle:Cyan] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 10] ? [~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Angle:Green] ][~HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [~Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Resheep!):Angle:Red] ] ][Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Dead - Clear Focus):Angle:Gray] ]

(...)

Does this only work when you´re the one who casts the poly or can I as a hunter for example use this too?

Should work for all classes, as it is checking if the focus target has the polymorph aura (so for Arena, all members of the team could have the tag enabled, and could communicate to the mage to repoly if they didn't spot it themselves, or cc the focus target themselves in some other way).

The in combat check is a little screwy when the focus target is the only target you are in combat with (as poly'ing them doesn't enter you into combat until the poly breaks), but this isn't a huge issue for most situations.

Talents are available for all players, not sure if it is intended.

NotifyInspect() does not check faction according to this bug report. As far as I know, it is still working correctly on the 2.4 PTR, so they haven't fixed it yet. I wasn't able to find a blue post about it after a quick search.

I noticed that post mentioned you could see someone's armor. This may be a dumb question, but would it be possible to show someone's stats as well? Like maybe just resilience?

DogTags seem to provide handy features that i never heared of. I would like to implement some of these features in my own UI. Unfortunately i have no idea how to start. Could someone push me in the right direction please? i.e. where to put the code, or where i can find a tutorial. Much appreciated.

Lionus, any addon you have that uses Dogtags will have the editing available to your somewhere in its configuration. Mainly, if you use Pitbull, Cowtip, IceHUD, or mHud, you can customize them with the tips in this thread.

Edit: Aloft and Assessment don't use Dogtags, they use a common TagCompiler library (and thereby syntax), but have have their own mod-specific tags.

Hmm, i probably have an older version of pitbull. Will update tonight. I thought i needed to do .lua editing for this.

Thanks for your answer.

Does the mod developer have to create support ofr Dogtags for his addon in order for users to add in strings etc? if so, is there a list out there of all the addons that support Dogtags?

Enhancer is a shaman mod that displays how far you are away from your totems, and in green says if you're in range, and red out of range, and this takes into account your talent spec, so there is a way, I just don't know it.

Enhancer tracks your x,y,z location when you drop your totem and your current x,y,z location. Since totems don't move (unlike mobs and players), this is a workable solution.

if you actually want to read into an addon that does distance and ranges very well for every class etc you may want to check out Distance2. I'm sure somewhere in there you can find something to tie into to list ranges with dogtags.

Does anyone know how to remove the time display from the AFK and DND dogtags?

e.g. I want my Pitbull frames to display if someone is AFK or DND or Dead or Ghost status but I don't want to know how long they've been that way because it takes up too much space.

Does anyone know how to remove the time display from the AFK and DND dogtags?

e.g. I want my Pitbull frames to display if someone is AFK or DND or Dead or Ghost status but I don't want to know how long they've been that way because it takes up too much space.

[AFKDND]
instead of
[AFKDND:Angle]