Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fulnir

[DogTags] - Share yours!

165 posts in this topic

[AFKDND]
instead of
[AFKDND:Angle]

Hmn no, that doesnt change it .... that would just make it look like this xx <afk x.xx> instead of xx af x.xx

Does anyone know how to remove the time display from the AFK and DND dogtags?

e.g. I want my Pitbull frames to display if someone is AFK or DND or Dead or Ghost status but I don't want to know how long they've been that way because it takes up too much space.

[Dead?Text(Dead)!Offline?Text(Offline)!AFK?Text(AFk)]

Copied off of Caithlyn's UI - just add DND to it.

Is there anyway to -delete- dogtags that your not using? All i can find is the "enable" option, anyone know how to delete the ones you dont want?

Is there anyway to -delete- dogtags that your not using? All i can find is the "enable" option, anyone know how to delete the ones you dont want?

- delete the DogTag line or the part you don't want;

- uncheck 'enable' to disable the DogTag.

- or be clearer on what you want to ask.

Is it possible to do something like:

[HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) and HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) = false ? Text(F):White]

?

Of course, I can't get this line to work... but maybe there's something cool I've overlooked.

And yeah, it's for tracking missing debuffs across a raid/party.

Is it possible to do something like:

[HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) and HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) = false ? Text(F):White]

? Of course, I can't get this line to work... but maybe there's something cool I've overlooked. And yeah, it's for tracking missing debuffs across a raid/party.
I use this following code that does the same thing for Arcane Intellect:

[IsMana ? ~Status ? ~HasAura(Arcane Intellect) ? ~HasAura(Arcane Brilliance) ? Text(Int):Color(99ccff)]

It shows "Int" when a target DOESN'T have Arcane Int/Brilliance, I find it more clearer. For you wanting "F" to show when somebody does have the buff, it'll look something like:

[~Status ? HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) ? HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) ? Text(F):Color(ffffff)]

Thank you Beska, much love and happiness :)

And yeah, I did want it to show only when the buff was not present (hence the 'false' I tried to squeeze in, hehe)

Thank you Beska, much love and happiness :)

And yeah, I did want it to show only when the buff was not present (hence the 'false' I tried to squeeze in, hehe)

Oh, in which case just add a "~" before the "HasAura" and it'll only show the text when a player doesn't have the buff!

I've been trying to get this to work

[HasDebuffType(Mortal Strike) ? Text(MS)] but it doesn't show up on the targetframe.

It doesn't give errors though. When i did other dogtags wrong, an error would show up on the frame.

I've been trying to get this to work

[HasDebuffType(Mortal Strike) ? Text(MS)] but it doesn't show up on the targetframe.

It doesn't give errors though. When i did other dogtags wrong, an error would show up on the frame.

Would something like

[HasAura(Mortal Strike) ? Text(MS)] work?

Or if you wanted it to show all healing debuffs then maybe

[ [HasAura(Mortal Strike) | HasAura(Aimed Shot) | HasAura(Wound Poison)] ? Text(MS)]

Because I'm currently somewhere between trusting my paladins to buff me properly and bugging them in tells all the time, sometimes things go horrible wrong. To combat this, I made an indicator for blessing of salvation. I display it in the largest fontsize smack in the middle of my player frame:

[Red][Classification#target:Contains(Boss) ? ~HasAura#player(Blessing of Salvation) ? Text(>> NO SALVATION <<)]

This could be expanded to check for lots of stuff of course, but then it wouldn't be as effective anymore and I might aswell train myself to look at my real buff list better.

I tried to put [Dead?Text(Dead)!Offline?Text(Offline)!AFK?Text(AFk)] under Texts: Name for my Pitbull Player Frame/Target Frame. However, it will only show the AFK line for myself, not other players who're afk.

Am I missing something here? Would really appreciate if anyone can help on this as I am a complete newb when it comes to Pitbull =/

The ideas for replacing buffs/debuffs with dogtags are excellent.

I combined it with mHUD, an in-progress HUD that lets you make arbitrary text strings and put them whereever and I'm very happy with the result (attached.) You can see my buffs to the right of my minimap (and then I filtered EBB to ignore them all for my buff pane), and CoR/CoS/CoE in "S R E" to the left of "Archimonde" and "Bazz" in the middle of my screen.

Question: is there a mod that simply creates multiple arbitrary text boxes that has dogtags in it? (ideally also alpha control) That would allow that part of my UI to be independent of my current frames/hud.

(this is just an interim UI, I've changed it a fair bit since that shot, moved the buffs down, removed the damage meters, etc.; the reason I'm linking it is because it shows you the general idea and use of the dogtags)

post-2411-13823260776147_thumb.jpg

Kyth: You may want to check StatBlocks (StatBlocks: Official Thread), someone has already created a DogTag module for it, not sure how it works (as in how it finds out what's the "Subject" of the DogTag) but it should provide you with the functionality you need.

Kyth: You may want to check StatBlocks (StatBlocks: Official Thread), someone has already created a DogTag module for it, not sure how it works (as in how it finds out what's the "Subject" of the DogTag) but it should provide you with the functionality you need.

Oooh, this was exactly what I was looking for earlier in the thread. Thank you!

As for the determination of the target, I know Pitbull automatically targets the Tag to whetever is the target of the unit frame, so there has to be some mechanic for it when interfacing to DogTags. Statblocks may have the ability in-built, but it shouldn't take more than a touch of LUA editing to do if not.

[Name] [[[Classification = Text(Boss)] ? NumDebuffs:HideZero] [HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? Text(S):Fuchsia][HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? Text(E):Red][HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text(R):Yellow]

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Text(T):Green][~Status ? HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Paren]]

I'm trying to emulate the Demon addon with tags. I think I picked up enough info to do this from this thread but I didn't put it together right. If this were to work I'd like the text to say

Supremus (36 SER)

I'm doing everything except the debuff count, adding it is a good idea. (if I were better at troubleshooting dogtags I'd help. Alas my looking at it wasn't enough to know why it didn't work.)

You probably don't want to limit it only to boss mobs though, there's times when you care about the debuffs on adds in encounters as well who may not be boss level. It's not tons of extra text that it's an issue to display on all NPC targets, I would assume.

[Name] [[[Classification = Text(Boss)] ? NumDebuffs:HideZero] [HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? Text(S):Fuchsia][HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? Text(E):Red][HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text(R):Yellow]

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Text(T):Green][~Status ? HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Paren]]

I'm trying to emulate the Demon addon with tags. I think I picked up enough info to do this from this thread but I didn't put it together right. If this were to work I'd like the text to say

What were you trying to achieve with the ~Status? Status is used to show if the target has a Soulstone, has DI, has Feign Death, or is actually dead. In my limited experience, I don't think that Status is what you want to use, and that maybe your problem. Also I'm pretty sure you can't set parameters to Status.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what Status did but I saw it in another series of tags and copied the whole thing. I think the problem with mine is the bracketed tag inside another tag though. And the reason I have that (now that I took Kyth's advice about nonbosses) is so that I could get the parentheses to show up only if it has debuffs.

So after removing the now nonessential tags I'm left with

[NumDebuffs:HideZero] [HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? Text(S):Fuchsia][HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? Text(E):Red][HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text(R):Yellow]

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Text(T):Green]

This works, but I guess I'd still like the parentheses to show if around the number of debuffs (and curse types) if there are any on the mob. I bet I can figure this out though.

This works, but I guess I'd still like the parentheses to show if around the number of debuffs (and curse types) if there are any on the mob. I bet I can figure this out though.

A string of Tags, enclosed in [] brackets, is a tag itself, so you should be able to do something like

[[[NumDebuffs:HideZero] [HasAura(Curse of Shadow) ? Text(S):Fuchsia][HasAura(Curse of the Elements) ? Text(E):Red][HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text(R):Yellow]

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Text(T):Green]]:Paren]

After a moment's more research I realized that the brackets weren't the problem. Your suggestion did something a little different and more logical than what I'm trying at the moment, but that isn't working for me either.

It seems doing something simple like

[[[Level] [Name]]:Paren]

doesn't work, so I must be using the paren modifier wrong.

EDIT: I'm not going to worry about it though, it looks fine without it.

HMm that polymorph dogtag got me wondering.

Would it be possible for Lifebloom, and I mean on my party frames. Just the time left.

example:

Moozart 6 -207 HP

where six would be the time in seconds that is still remaining on lifebloom.

Edit: would it be possible to merge Rejuvenation in it to?

HMm that polymorph dogtag got me wondering.

Would it be possible for Lifebloom, and I mean on my party frames. Just the time left.

example:

Moozart 6 -207 HP

where six would be the time in seconds that is still remaining on lifebloom.

Edit: would it be possible to merge Rejuvenation in it to?

[outline] [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 6] ? Text(6)] ]]  [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 5] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) < 6 ? Text(5)] ] [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 4] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) < 5 ? Text(4)] ]  [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 3] ? [AuraTimeleft(Lifebloom) < 4 ? Text(3)] ]  [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 2] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) <3 ? Text(2)] ] [HasAura(Lifebloom) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) >= 1] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Lifebloom) < 2] ? Text(1)] ]

Is what I would do, I'm away from my WoW computer so I can't try it out in game, and I wasn't quite sure if you wanted the -HP in there too.

I'm stumped.... >< I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what... I think I'm having problems defining the parameters between the time that it will show the time (e.g., 4-5 shows 4)

You guys have inspired me to customize my DogTags and clean up my UI a bit.

This DogTag, I use to replicate Demon. I display it horizontally below my target frame. The debuffs are displayed as shortened names and are colored green if the debuff is active on the target, red otherwise. There is support for number of debuffs, Demoralizing Shout/Demoralizing Roar, Thunderclap, Curse of Elements, Curse of Shadows, Curse of Recklessness, Curse of Tongues, Faerie Fire/Faerie Fire (Feral), and Mangle (Cat/Bear). The entire line is only shown for enemy mobs.

[IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? NumDebuffs:HideZero] 

[ [HasAura(Demoralizing Shout) | HasAura(Demoralizing Roar)] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(DS)] 

[HasAura(Thunderclap) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(TC)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Elements) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoE)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Shadows) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoS)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoR)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoT)] 

[ [HasAura(Faerie Fire) | HasAura(Faerie Fire (Feral))] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(FF)] 

[ [HasAura(Mangle) | HasAura(Mangle (Cat)) | HasAura(Mangle (Bear))] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(Ma)]
This DogTag I use with Pitbull'd party frames to display missing buffs (that I can cast) on my party frames. Missing buffs are displayed as colored dots. Missing buffs shown are class dependant, so a druid is shown Mark and Thorns, a mage is shown AI, and a priest is shown Fort, Spirit, and Shadow Protection. I did not include paladin blessings since a paladin can only put up one blessing per party member.
[Outline][ [Class#player = Text(Druid)] ? ~HasAura(Mark of the Wild) ? ~HasAura(Gift of the Wild) ? Text(.):Color(FF80FF)][ [Class#player = Text(Druid)] ? ~HasAura(Thorns) ? Text(.):Color(865E34)]

[ [Class#player = Text(Mage)] ? ~HasAura(Arcane Intellect) ? ~HasAura(Arcane Brilliance) ? Text(.):Cyan]

[ [Class#player = Text(Priest)] ? ~HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) ? ~HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) ? Text(.):Gray][ [Class#player = Text(Priest)] ? ~HasAura(Prayer of Spirit) ? ~HasAura(Divine Spirit) ? Text(.):Yellow][ [Class#player = Text(Priest)] ? ~HasAura(Prayer of Shadow Protection) ? ~HasAura(Shadow Protection) ? Text(.):Color(6D0E6E)]

This DogTag I use with CowTip to show enemy player buffs. It displays M for Mark/Gift, T for Thorns, F for Fort, AI for AI/AB, Sp for Divine Spirit, and Sh for Shadow Protection.
[ [HasAura(Gift of the Wild) | HasAura(Mark of the Wild)] ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(M):Color(FF80FF)] [HasAura(Thorns) ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(T):Color(865E34)] [ [HasAura(Arcane Intellect) | HasAura(Arcane Brilliance)] ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(AI):Cyan] [ [HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) | HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude)] ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(F):Gray] [ [HasAura(Divine Spirit) | HasAura(Prayer of Spirit)] ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(Sp):Yellow] [ [HasAura(Shadow Protection) | HasAura(Prayer of Shadow Protection)] ? IsEnemy ? IsPlayer ? Text(Sh):Color(6D0E6E)]