Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fulnir

[DogTags] - Share yours!

165 posts in this topic

New DogTag for Text(arg) is 'arg'

I just spent a couple hours comverting all my 2.0 DogTags to 3.0 :(

At first I simply modified my addons to use dogtags 2.0, but then I updated them again and decided to roll with the blows. After updating everything and being completely satisfied, my client then crashed and I had to do it all again :(

Also, regarding my previous post:

does "mouseovertarget":NameRealm:ClassColor work the same as Namerealm("mouseovertarget"):ClassColor("mouseovertarget")?

No, it doesn't. It's a shame, as it looks much cleaner.

"mouseovertarget":NameRealm works fine, but the ClassColor returns my own class's colour, not the colour of my mouseovertarget. There doesn't therefore seem to be much to be gained from using "unit":Blah over Blah("unit") other than saving a single character.

No, it doesn't. It's a shame, as it looks much cleaner.

"mouseovertarget":NameRealm works fine, but the ClassColor returns my own class's colour, not the colour of my mouseovertarget. There doesn't therefore seem to be much to be gained from using "unit":Blah over Blah("unit") other than saving a single character.

What about ClassColor(unit=mouseovertarget) ?

Here's my DogTags 3.0. Took me a little while to convert it from 2.0 but since mine aren't really complicated it wasn't a major issue. I used to use TinyTip so you'll probably recognise the style from them.

post-16786-13823260858395_thumb.png

Below they're laid out as line# side[left/right]

1L  [(if IsPlayer then ClassColor else if IsEnemy then Color("dc0000")) NameRealm]

1R  [(if Target:IsPlayer or (Target:IsPlayer and Target:IsEnemy and not Target:IsPet) then ClassColor(unit=Target) else if (not Target:IsPlayer and Target:IsEnemy) then Color("dddddd")) (if IsUnit('player', Target) then ClassColor("") '<<YOU>>':white else Target:NameRealm or '')]
2L  [(if Guild = 'player':Guild then Green) Guild:Angle]
3L  [Level:DifficultyColor ShortClassification:Yellow] [Race] [if (IsPlayer and not IsPet) then Class:ClassColor else if (IsEnemy or (not IsPlayer and not IsEnemy)) then Creature]
4L  [Zone]

r1

My version of the sheep warning dogtag that someone posted earlier, but modified to a) Banish, b) my personal preferences, and c) Patch 2.4 and LibDogTag3.0 updates:

[Outline]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") >= -5] ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") < -1.5] ? '5 sec':Yellow]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") >= -1.5 ? 'Running out':Cyan]]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") < -5] ? [~Dead ? 'Banish fine':Green]]

[~HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [~Dead ? [InCombat(unit="player") ? 'ReBanish!':Red]]]

My version of the sheep warning dogtag that someone posted earlier, but modified to a) Banish, b) my personal preferences, and c) Patch 2.4 and LibDogTag3.0 updates:

[Outline]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") >= -5] ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") < -1.5] ? '5 sec':Yellow]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") >= -1.5 ? 'Running out':Cyan]]

[HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Banish", unit="focus") < -5] ? [~Dead ? 'Banish fine':Green]]

[~HasAura("Banish", unit="focus") ? [~Dead ? [InCombat(unit="player") ? 'ReBanish!':Red]]]
Thanks for an update. I edited this to work for my polymorph and I can't seem to get it to work correctly.
[Outline]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") >= -5] ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") < -1.5] ? '5 sec':Yellow]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") >= -1.5 ? 'Breaking Soon!':Cyan]]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") < -5] ? [~Dead ? 'Your date is ready':Green]]

[~HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [~Dead ? [InCombat(unit="player") ? 'Oh Shit! Oh Shit!':Red]]]

It starts at "Breaking Soon" and never switches messages until my focus target is dead. I just don't know enough about the new syntax to figure out how to get this going. Any ideas?

Thanks for an update. I edited this to work for my polymorph and I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

[Outline]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") >= -5] ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") < -1.5] ? '5 sec':Yellow]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") >= -1.5 ? 'Breaking Soon!':Cyan]]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") < -5] ? [~Dead ? 'Your date is ready':Green]]

[~HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [~Dead ? [InCombat(unit="player") ? 'Oh Shit! Oh Shit!':Red]]]
It starts at "Breaking Soon" and never switches messages until my focus target is dead. I just don't know enough about the new syntax to figure out how to get this going. Any ideas?
Your first 2 "querys" are both "true", that means it is >= -5 AND >= 1.5, so it displays 'Breaking Soon!' since it is the last "query" being parsed. Don't know if this is understandable, I don't know how to express it better. =/ My advice is to add an additional condition in the 3rd line, such as

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") >= -1.5 : [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit=focus") <= 1.5] ? 'Breaking Soon!':Cyan]]

or something (I don't really know anything about the new syntax, too, but this is an logical mistake, no syntax error).

Your first 2 "querys" are both "true", that means it is >= -5 AND >= 1.5, so it displays 'Breaking Soon!' since it is the last "query" being parsed.

Don't know if this is understandable, I don't know how to express it better. =/

My advice is to add an additional condition in the 3rd line, such as

or something (I don't really know anything about the new syntax, too, but this is an logical mistake, no syntax error).

Thanks. That got me going on the right track and I finally got it to work. This is my working version, with more generic messages so others can just cut and paste it.

[Outline]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") <= 5] ? 'Resheep NOW!':Yellow]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") > 5 ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") <= 10] ? 'Breaking Soon!':Cyan]]

[HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [AuraDuration("Polymorph", unit="focus") > 10] ? [~Dead ? 'Sheep Safe':Green]]

[~HasAura("Polymorph", unit="focus") ? [~Dead ? [InCombat(unit="player") ? 'Broken!':Red]]]

Finally, I got my Poison Tags working now, but I'm still wondering what happened to the [Outline]-Tag!

[HasAura("Deadly Poison VII") ? NumAura("Deadly Poison VII"):Green 'DP':Green] 

[HasAura("Wound Poison V") ? NumAura("Wound Poison V"):Green 'WP':Green] 

[HasAura("Mind-numbing Poison III") ? 'MP':Green] 

[HasAura("Crippling Poison II") ? 'CP':Green]   

My Sunder Armor / Lacerate Tags are similar (just to give me a rough orientation when I can start dps)

[HasAura("Sunder Armor") ? NumAura("Sunder Armor") 'SA':Fuchsia] 

[HasAura("Lacerate") ? NumAura("Lacerate") 'LA':Fuchsia] 

And here (recapitulatory) a few new DogTag-3.0 things:

- [Text(arg)] is now 'arg'

- [Outline] is obviously not working any longer (same for [ThickOutline, I guess)

- [HasAura(<Name>)] is now [HasAura("<Name>")

Open for additions.

I was wondering if it is possible with DogTags to display debuffs/buffs on target with a letter (F, DP, KS, and so on) or a symbol (. : ! ? @ or something) and as the debuff/buff fades the alpha value of the font string fades, too.

E.g. Power Word: Fortitude on target,

- time remaining: 100%, Alpha value: 1.00

- time remaining: 90%, Alpha value: 0.90

- time remaining: 10%, Alpha value: 0.10

- Power Word: Fortitude not on target: font string color turns [Red] and alpha to 100% again.

Any ideas?

[Outline][Status][~Status ? IsFriend ? [SureHP ? [Text([HP:VeryShort] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ][~Status ? IsEnemy ? [SureHP ? [Text([HP:VeryShort] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ]

I need some help with this :/ ... can't make it work in 2.4

it shows Mana x Health x % of health in 1 line. When it can't get the health from MobHealth .. it should show nothing but the last %.

should look like this:

tags.jpg

[Outline][Status][~Status ? IsFriend ? [SureHP ? [Text([HP:VeryShort] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ][~Status ? IsEnemy ? [SureHP ? [Text([HP:VeryShort] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ]

I need some help with this :/ ... can't make it work in 2.4

it shows Mana x Health x % of health in 1 line. When it can't get the health from MobHealth .. it should show nothing but the last %.

Try changing SureHP to HP(known=true)

On a side note, has the [Outline] tag been added to LibDogTag-3.0 yet?

You should update your libraries : both Outline and ThickOutline have been added recently (along with some fixes).

66541 created by ckknight on 27 March 2008, 17:54:49 -0700 (18 hours ago) (patch) LibDogTag-3.0 - make the Alpha tag saner.

- add the Outline and ThickOutline tags. They now no longer need to be at the start and you can use if statements and all that fun stuff on them. e.g. [isPlayer ? Outline]

EDIT: Nevermind, the new update fixed it.

OK, here's a brain teaser:

I cannot for the life of me get a Sap dogtag working.

I think the problem is that I can't work out what the Aura is. I've tried:

HasAura("Sap", unit="focus")

HasAura("Sapped", unit="focus")

HasAura("Incapacitate", unit="focus")

None of which work. Any insight?

EDIT: Nevermind, the new update fixed it.

OK, here's a brain teaser:

I cannot for the life of me get a Sap dogtag working.

I think the problem is that I can't work out what the Aura is. I've tried:

HasAura("Sap", unit="focus")

HasAura("Sapped", unit="focus")

HasAura("Incapacitate", unit="focus")

None of which work. Any insight?

Sap - Spells - World of Warcraft <-- The aura name is "Sap". I'm not sure why your first line isn't working.

Try changing SureHP to HP(known=true)

On a side note, has the [Outline] tag been added to LibDogTag-3.0 yet?

If it was only that easy.

You guys have inspired me to customize my DogTags and clean up my UI a bit.

This DogTag, I use to replicate Demon. I display it horizontally below my target frame. The debuffs are displayed as shortened names and are colored green if the debuff is active on the target, red otherwise. There is support for number of debuffs, Demoralizing Shout/Demoralizing Roar, Thunderclap, Curse of Elements, Curse of Shadows, Curse of Recklessness, Curse of Tongues, Faerie Fire/Faerie Fire (Feral), and Mangle (Cat/Bear). The entire line is only shown for enemy mobs.

[IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? NumDebuffs:HideZero] 

[ [HasAura(Demoralizing Shout) | HasAura(Demoralizing Roar)] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(DS)] 

[HasAura(Thunderclap) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(TC)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Elements) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoE)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Shadows) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoS)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoR)] 

[HasAura(Curse of Tongues) ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(CoT)] 

[ [HasAura(Faerie Fire) | HasAura(Faerie Fire (Feral))] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(FF)] 

[ [HasAura(Mangle) | HasAura(Mangle (Cat)) | HasAura(Mangle (Bear))] ? Green ! Red][IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? Text(Ma)]
--8<-- *snip*
Converted it to DogTag 3.0 :
[(IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet ? NumDebuffs:Hide(0)) (if (IsEnemy ? ~IsPlayerOrPet) then

(if (HasAura("Demoralizing Shout") or HasAura("Demoralizing Roar")) then

" DS":Green

else

" DS":Red

end) (if HasAura("Thunderclap") then

" TC":Green

else

" TC":Red

end) (if HasAura("Curse of the Elements") then

" CoE":Green

else

" CoE":Red

end) (if HasAura("Curse of Shadow") then

" CoS":Green

else

" CoS":Red

end) (if HasAura("Curse of Recklessness") then

" CoR":Green

else

" CoR":Red

end) (if HasAura("Curse of Tongues") then

" CoT":Green

else

" CoT":Red

end) (if (HasAura("Faerie Fire") or HasAura("Faerie Fire (Feral)")) then

" FF":Green

else

" FF":Red

end) (if (HasAura("Mangle") or HasAura("Mangle (Bear)") or HasAura("Mangle (Cat)")) then

" MA":Green

else

" MA":Red

end)

end)]