Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evl

evl's KISS Addons (updated for 4.0.1)

160 posts in this topic

How do I move the slice&dice bar? I try alt shift drag but cannot drag the slice and bar.

Rename the config.lua.sample to just config.lua and edit the first line of code according to your needs.

After playing around with my new Paladin i've added a pretty comprehensive Paladin module

Neat idea! How do you handle righteous fury reminder on spec change? i.e. I want to keep Righteous Fury active in my tank spec, but not my Retribution spec...

while it doesn't try to compete with PallyPower or BuffBroker it's more than enough for managing your own buffs.

By comparing to BuffBroker, you're setting the bar pretty low ;) Kudos on the cool project! Always exciting to see people making slick solutions to their UI grievances :)

I've been hunting for a while now, for a simple addon to display both rogue combo points AND the "stacking proc" from maelstrom weapon. I can see why you asked what you did, I'm not asking for you to recode this to be a "bar like" addon, merely to include the shaman part in the count, if that makes sense? Sorry if my wording was a bit mis-leading.

Late to the party, but I use Power Auras Classic to provide this facility (Activated by: Buff, self, stacks @ 1/2/3/4/5, incombat). It doesn't fit the KISS theme of the thread though, so I might be barking up the wrong tree.

Late to the party, but I use Power Auras Classic to provide this facility (Activated by: Buff, self, stacks @ 1/2/3/4/5, incombat). It doesn't fit the KISS theme of the thread though, so I might be barking up the wrong tree.

While presenting combo points and the maelstrom proc is very similar, how you track them in code differ quite a lot.

The game fires an event when you gain a combo point and your addon can more or less just sit around until the game tells it you got a combo point. Very lean and easy to program (technically you have to track target switching too, but that is done same way).

Maelstrom proc on the other hand dont fire any event, so you will have to track and parse all buffs you gain and see if it was a mealstrom proc. Quite a lot messier and there are many buff addons that do this already.

A little bit more on topic: My own CP number is differently colored depending on CP number. 0-2 white, 3 green, 4 orange and 5 red. Not sure why i choose those ranges, but the orange-red is a nice visual queue its time to decide what finisher to use.

Neat idea! How do you handle righteous fury reminder on spec change? i.e. I want to keep Righteous Fury active in my tank spec, but not my Retribution spec...

Update: I've updated the addon with additonal checks for this reminder, it will now only activate if you have a rank in Hammer of the Righteous or you aren't level 80.

By comparing to BuffBroker, you're setting the bar pretty low ;) Kudos on the cool project! Always exciting to see people making slick solutions to their UI grievances :)

BuffBroker is working fine for me, then again I only press the key until the icon disappears!

Power Auras doesn't get to K.I.S.S anyone I'd like to affiliate with, but seeing they're going in the standard UI in Cataclysm they're doing something right!

My principle has always been not reinventing the wheel in parts where the default UI almost gets it right (according to my tastes)

Will you be updating SliceDice to remove HfB and possibly include Recuperate? I love this this timer too much to switch just so I can track one ability easier.

HfB has been removed the latest version. I have no plans to include Recuperate.

Luckily adding bars is dead easy. If you play sub and want recuperate, just do something like

-- Recuperate

local recuperateDuration = 30

local recuperateBar = addon:CreateBar("player", 73651, recuperateDuration, 6)

recuperateBar.colors = {{124/255, 252/255, 0,255}}

recuperateBar.label:Hide()

at the end of the rogue module.

No glyphs/talents/set bonuses to consider when it comes to duration, so it's just a matter of finding the spell id and picking a color.

Hacked together a quick spriest module as well, I love how nicely the code is laid out and how well commented it is, even a moron like me can figure it out.

Thanks for making these evl, really appreciate it.

I'm a bit lazy pushing to WoWInterface simply because the amount of changes in this patch requires a LOT of fixes. If you're ready for the bleeding edge (which includes Recuperate among others), download my addons from Github. When things stabilize I will naturally return to updating them on WoWInterface.