Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Endoscient

Rawr Healadin Model

253 posts in this topic

It is giving the Handgrips a rating of 37.13 for me, and same rating for T7 gloves. What is probably the issue is that you imported a character from armory that had the Handgrips socketed with a BS only socket, and it made a new copy of the item with that gem in. To check this right click the Handgrips and to edit item, and see if it has any gems selected. It isn't displaying this on the tooltip, because adding new sockets to your gear (with BS) isn't supported yet.

Duh! That was it, thank you.

Incidentally, is there a way to remove gems from an item? The best I've been able to do is choose a pure-stam gem, which is equivalent for healing purposes. Maybe a better question would be, "Am I missing docs?" I didn't see anything about it in the readme.

The best way to remove gems is to make a duplicate of the item (button on bottom left) and remove the old one. It normally isn't an issue, but being able to add your own gems has muddled it up.

The glyph of HL has a separate crit chance that is worth including in my opinion. It basically makes crit scale to the second power which is pretty potent when raid healing people in clusters.

edit:

corrected equation:

healing done per target by GHL = 0.1*(HL base)*(1+0.5*crit)^2

The glyph of HL has a separate crit chance that is worth including in my opinion. It basically makes crit scale to the second power [(1.5*crit%)^2] which is pretty potent when raid healing people in clusters.

True, I forgot about that. It is fixed now. GHL can be amazing on certain fights, it can make up for 15%+ of my healing on Malygos.

Just a note - you may have already caught this - but GHL is a nature spell - therefore crits based on nature spell crit. I had a 51% HL crit rate (t6 2pc+6% HL/HS+5% Holy = 16%) but only a 35% GHL crit rate. This was based on 800 HL casts and 3000 GHL - so a pretty significant data pool.

It may make crit worthy to the second power, however taking that to account is a rather small second order correction. Increase in effective healing is already less than 1/2 of the value of crit, and the glyph is at the very best less than 20% of your healing (based on the posts here). That adds up to a very small increase in the value of crit due to the fact the glyph can crit over your crits.

It is only like a 15%-20% increase to GHL. Not enough to drastically change the value of crit, but can have impact on items that are close.

Rawr.healadin seems to be rating the [iTEM]44296[/iTEM] oddly. E.g. I had the helm socketed with a rare purple gem (the royal one, SP + mp5) and the Insightful Earthsiege meta and compared it to the [iTEM]39260[/iTEM] similarly gemmed. Both helms were enchanted with 30SP + crit from Kirin'tor. Rawr placed the former well ahead of the latter, and below only the T7 helm in terms of fight HPS. I cannot figure out why though, since, apart from the 8 extra int. due to the socket bonus, and extra stam, the helms are identical, with the Corrupted mind offering some 44 haste rating over the Argent Crusade exalted helm. How can 8 int be rated more highly than 44 haste?

The gear selection always favors regen stats (int/mefs) because its modeled in such a way to always try to increase the number of holy lights casted compared to flash of lights, at least from my understanding. So if your gear can't sustain casting holy lights all fight, its gonna say int/mefs is the best stat for you. And since haste just makes you consume more mana, it hates haste. In reality mana is not that important, and its the reason I never really consider the gear choices it gives me.

First off, one thing the can be causing weird things like that is meta gem requirements. So make sure the Enforce Meta Requirements checkbox is off.

Rydaa, it doesn't really hate haste (except in a few weird scenarios), just doesn't value it as highly. Either way once the next version comes out it will also model burst healing, and you can set a scale to it relative to total fight healing. So it will more accurately model the effects of Haste and similar stats.

Ya I didn't really mean to say it thinks haste makes things worst. What I meant to say was that it doesn't value it as well as most players actually would.

I am definitely looking forward to the next release, to see those types of results.

Well I've unticked "enforce meta requirements" and fiddled with the gear set to test it out more thoroughly. Helm of Purified thoughts comes out ahead in every scenario I can imagine and input. I've gone from a tiny, all blues, 19k mana pool set all the way to a 31k, all end game set... I've stacked int and mp5 enchants/buffs and shortened the fight length from 6 to 5 to 4 anf finally to 3 minutes. The only scenario in which I got the helm with a 44 haste rating and 4 crit rating advantage over the other to be superior according to rawr's fight HPS metric is sub 3.5 minute fights, stacking int/mp5 everywhere and sitting with a 32k mana pool... That may be correct, but it doesn't seem right.

Make sure you're setting up a realistic "activity" time. In a real fight you clearly don't cast anywhere near 100% of the time, as sometimes you will be moving, and sometimes there will simply not be anyone to heal.

Well that seems to be a large factor yes... I guess I must be overestimating my activity level since I feel like I could spam HL most fights with proper use of DP, mana pot and Arcane Torrent in my current gear (at the very worst case, an 75/25 HL to FoL ratio is easily sustainable). After reducing the activity level just 5% to 80% over a 4 minute fight the Corrupted Thoughts comes out on top, as I would expect.

I suspect my Spiritual Attunement returns value is probably set a little low as well, since regen feels a lot more powerful in my current set than Rawr believes.

2.1.4 is out and you can get it at Codeplex. New features in this version for Holy are the Burst Healing scale, Divine Illumination support, and Divine Favor support. For Divine Illumination it assumes you spam Holy Light while it is active.

This is going to be the last minor version until 2.2, so please let me know if there are any features that you will like to see in for 2.2.

Spamming HL during DI is quite unrealistic, since usually after a few HLs there won't be much left to heal in the raid and you'll either change to FoL or overheal with HL. However you do heal more during DI than not during DI if you don't just hit it every time it's up, but then again that also increases its effective cooldown. Bottom line is that there should be some kind of option to set DI's efficiency to something between "spam near-free HLs every 2 mins" to "12.5% of your heals cost 50%", similar to how you can currently set your "activity", HS usage and other factors.

During DI, Holy Light only costs an average of 100 mana per cast, and FoL costs an average of 60. I am fine spending the extra 13 mps to get over 5,000 more hps, even if it is almost surely going to be overheal.

The way Illumination currently calculates returns on unmodified spell costs you'd be doing yourself a disfavour by not spamming HL during DI... Overhealing isn't really a concern when HL has a significantly higher crit rate and has a larger net positive mana return on crits during DI than FoL.

Just downloaded the new Rawr and it's beautiful. Some previously odd rankings appear to have been fixed (don't know if that's just me or if some of the guts were actually reworked, but it seems that way) and the burst statistic adds a useful dimension to item weights. One small bug: when clicking on a gear slot, the pop-up gear selector ranks according to overall value for the items, but the selector box at the top isn't the one from the healadin module... it lists "Threat", "Mitigation", etc. instead of "Fight Healing" and "Burst Healing". Otherwise, I like it a lot.

During DI, Holy Light only costs an average of 100 mana per cast, and FoL costs an average of 60. I am fine spending the extra 13 mps to get over 5,000 more hps, even if it is almost surely going to be overheal.

While it may be worth casting those heals, they still shouldn't count as anywhere near full heals when you're calculating total fight HPS if they're mostly overheals. Then again this needs to be balanced with the fact that most of rawr's calculated HPS is overheal as well, but still less than the massive overheal of spamming free HLs. Bottom line is the gain from DI is less than simply assuming you get 7-9 near-free HLs, no matter what you're casting in the duration, and doesn't matter if you use it "wisely" or just on-cooldown (I mean it matters for the actual gain, but all options give you less than optimal gain).

Overhealing is very fight dependent, and there is no way to effectively model it in Rawr. You could also use Divine Illumination when everyone is taking crap tons of damage, and because of it have less overhealing compared to average Holy Light overheal.

Too many variables are needed to accurately model how overhealing will effect your gear selection. So I am not going to put in an implementation that pretends to account for overhealing, but does so wrongly.

One small bug: when clicking on a gear slot, the pop-up gear selector ranks according to overall value for the items, but the selector box at the top isn't the one from the healadin module... it lists "Threat", "Mitigation", etc. instead of "Fight Healing" and "Burst Healing". Otherwise, I like it a lot.

When you started Rawr was Healadin the module it initially loaded? I have notice some other minor things related to switching modules as well. I will pass it along to Astrylian, since it isn't a bug with the module.

I think just something that allows you to set how many times you use DI in a fight and how much you can/do deviate from your normal casting during that time will be better or at least not worse than the current state. You can always set it to max HL every 2 min. I suppose that with no option, though, assuming worst-case-scenario healing in which you'd spam HL as much as possible is the best way to do it.

When you started Rawr was Healadin the module it initially loaded? I have notice some other minor things related to switching modules as well. I will pass it along to Astrylian, since it isn't a bug with the module.

No the druid tanking model was first loaded. I redownloaded on another computer and uploaded from armory while Holy specced and had the proper model loaded. The bug was not present then.

I downloaded 2.1.4 yesterday and had an issue with Gems. If I go into the item editor I can see them listed, but when I select either the Gems > Normal or Gems > Meta chart, I get an empty list. This only seems to be happening in the Healadin model. Works fine for Retribution, Tankadin, and Mage. Any thoughts why that might be going on?

Thanks.