Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Endoscient

Rawr Healadin Model

253 posts in this topic

I noticed that one (or more maybe?) of the default item caches was using an old version of the Insightful Earthsiege (the 300 proc one). Make sure the tooltip of the meta says 600 mana on proc (not 300) or else it will be seriously undervalued. If it does say 300, just right click it and refresh the item data.

Snapshots/XML (as a text file) attached. Note the negative FoL healed, FoL Mana Usage, and FoL Rotation Timings. I'm mostly just playing around with the rawr options, so I'm probably just configuring some bizarre scenario. I expected to see that FoL value to be zero, perhaps that's what it means.

Just rename the .txt file to an .xml file.

post-11002-13823262676019_thumb.jpg

silmeria.txt

The bug is fixed in the latest version of Rawr 2.1.6, and you are using 2.1.4. The bug was caused because when I was doing the calculation to max Holy Light time I capped it at fight length, not fight length minus time spent on keeping up buffs (BoL, JotP, SS).

The bug is fixed in the latest version of Rawr 2.1.6, and you are using 2.1.4. The bug was caused because when I was doing the calculation to max Holy Light time I capped it at fight length, not fight length minus time spent on keeping up buffs (BoL, JotP, SS).

So it appears this wasn't fixed in the latest version released, but just in my local copy. I checked in the fix and it will be working correctly when 2.1.8 gets released later today.

2.1.8 will also support the new FoL Glyph, and model the extra GCDs used on Judges because of misses and the effect hit rating has on it.

2.1.8 came out today, you can download it at Codeplex.

Changes

• Removed profession benefits from Options since they are now all correctly modelled in there respective places.
  • Support for Judgements missing, and effect of Hit rating.
  • Fixed bug that incorrectly capped HL rotation time too high.
  • Added support for FoL Glyph.
  • Updated 2T6 and 4T6 bonuses.

Did anything major change in this? I'm seeing a pretty big change in how it's ranking gear and especially gems. I skipped from 2.1.6 to 2.1.8, though, so i never saw the prior version.

With the new version, and all my old stats from the prior version, haste and crit are being recommended pretty heavily over anything else. Int gems are waaaay down on the list. Here's just a screen shot of the gem rankings for me. I have all raid buffs filled in, and the talent points allocated with the standard 51/0/20.

untitled1-5.jpg

It seems like for that fight you are capped on Holy Light time, meaning you will be able to spam HL during the duration of the so extra mana won't be of any use. There was a bug fix where it was previously capping HL rotation time a little bit to high, so that fix probably pushed you over. If you feel this is incorrect or ever have another problem please always post your character file.

In the latest version, and probably a few other recent ones, the default item cache of [item]Darkmoon Card: Greatness[/item] is greatly overvalued, since it incorrectly values the proc as a flat 90 int. In the next version it should be modeled accurately, along with a lot of other trinkets.

ya, i was starting to think that was what's going on. another question:

for Beacon of Light effectiveness, is it assuming that every single spell cast also proc's beacon of light? Then the effectiveness lowers how much of your casts are actually proc'ing?

The way that I'm calculating it now is this:

Multiply the % of healing that beacon of light does by the % effective heal it is. For example if Beacon is usually 25% of my healing, but it is 75% overheal, then it's effectiveness should be 25% x 25% for a total of 6.25% effective heal?

can you also tell me what the Holy Shock % means? Is that % of casts that are holy shock? % of healing that is holy shock?

ya, i was starting to think that was what's going on. another question:

for Beacon of Light effectiveness, is it assuming that every single spell cast also proc's beacon of light? Then the effectiveness lowers how much of your casts are actually proc'ing?

The way that I'm calculating it now is this:

Multiply the % of healing that beacon of light does by the % effective heal it is. For example if Beacon is usually 25% of my healing, but it is 75% overheal, then it's effectiveness should be 25% x 25% for a total of 6.25% effective heal?

can you also tell me what the Holy Shock % means? Is that % of casts that are holy shock? % of healing that is holy shock?

5% Beacon effectiveness seems way low. WWS parses of my healing show it to be atleast 30-40% effective in fights where I get use out of it.

Say your healing looks like:

HL 40%

BoL 20%

GoHL 15%

JoL 10%

HS 10%

FoL 5%

Beacon's effectiveness was 20/55, or ~36%.

You would have to take into account that WWS breakdowns show raw healing (which is different from BC?). But usually my Beacon and HL share similar OH%s, around 55-65%.

Yes, how much BoL heals for in Rawr is the total amount healed by FoL/HL/HS multiplied by its uptime and its effectiveness. You are essentially counting its overhealing twice for how you are setting BoL effectiveness. Since it being 25% of your healing is already discounting the overhealing it does.

How Holy Shock rotation time is calculated is explained in the first post.

[item]Badge of the Infiltrator[/item] is being modeled wrong. It doesn't have the Use effect in its stats. Is this a rawr issue, or a module issue?

Actually, it seems to have droped all trinket use effects. Well, not all, the J/C ones seem to retained it, but buth my Spark and Badge I had to manually edit.

As I said in a previous posts, only a few trinket procs are supported currently. The next major version should have support for a lot more of them.

Yea, it just seemed weird because they were fine in the previous ones, just a small nitpick to your otherwise great work on the module!

[item]Badge of the Infiltrator[/item] never had a proc before, so that is why it isn't supported yet. Some of the ones that were supported probably had to be manually edited because the wording on the item got changed with the patch.

Looking at the general charts in WWS, the total amount healed that is shown is effective only, and doesn't include overhealing. When you look at your character breakdown for each heal cast, the amount it gives you for each heal is total healed, not effective. Looking at my WWS from last night:

Wow Web Stats

My effective healing was: 4,697,248. On my character breakdown sheet, my total healing by Holy Light was 7,481,125 which means the stat shown is total healing and not effective. Going off that, my total healing for Beacon of Light was 994,691 with 51% overheal. So that would actually give me 10% Beacon effectiveness (which is default in Rawr) if I only wanted to include effective heal.

The only thing with factoring in overheal, though, is that Rawr doesn't currently take this into account. It's just looking at the total possible healing output, right? So since your Holy Lights, Holy Shocks, and Flash of Lights aren't taking into account the losses from overhealing, beacon and glyph of holy light would be incorrect proportional to how the others are counted.

So would it actually be correct to set your percentages based on Beacon of Light and Glyph of Holy Light based on total amount healed, not effective?

Edit:

i also just realized another error in my calculation where I was looking at my total effective healing. i've actually got to take out judgement of light and glyph of holy light, since they don't proc beacon.

I am trying to get what Rawr is valuing the various stats at and I am looking for feed back on the following method.

I have created duplicates of Night's end.

Then edited them so that each one has 500 in a particular stat/rating

Then divided the rating by 500 to give some basic numbers.

This can then be checked once I get an upgrade to see if the numbers change.

The main issue I can see is that with numbers this high I might be hitting soft or hard caps.

The main reason for 500 was that I wanted the items to be at the top of the list.

So I then checked for soft/hard cap effects by reducing the stats/rating to 100

My results (for my current gear level is)

500 100

Int 2.8 2.8

Crit 1.4 1.3

Mana/5 2.6 2.7

Spell Power 1.4 1.4

Haste 0.7 0.7

Thanks for that Endoscient.

Well the relative stat values chart gives a totally different view.

Int 0.58

Crit 0.07

Mana/5 0.40

Spell Power 0.39

Haste 0.19

The main issue I see is that we know that Crit scales best the higher the Crit rating is.

Opps. That appears to be the default values for those stats.

When I loaded my Toon I got the following

Int 2.47

Crit 1.33

Mana/5 2.69

Spell Power 1.49

Haste Rating 0.76

Hit Rating 0.02

So that is more inline with what I found.

Illustration of the Dragon Soul seems to be missing in 2.1.8. I can update item caches but that takes forever and it should be there. Great work on RAWR Endoscient I love it!

Illustration of the Dragon Soul seems to be missing in 2.1.8. I can update item caches but that takes forever and it should be there. Great work on RAWR Endoscient I love it!

Illustration of Dragon Soul isn't being parsed correctly in 2.1.8 because of of how the wording got changed in 3.0.8. This bug is fixed in source control, and will be included in the next release.

I also just added +250 mana to chest enchant, it will be in the next release as well. Sorry for missing it before, I didn't know the enchant existed since it is not listed correctly on Wowhead.