Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taliafears

Tanking Spreadsheet

340 posts in this topic

Many thanks for this great sheet. I did some digging as my health point stats were not matching up with in game/armory.

Stats: The formula at Numbers!$B$14 appears to be incorrect for Tauren hp calculation. It is adding 478hp if Tauren and assuming a base health of 7941 this number should be 7941 * .05 = 397.05?

Uploaded a new version:

- changed base miss rate vs a boss to 8% (was 9%)

- changed crit depression from attacking a boss to 4.8% (was 0.6%)

- adjusted Patchwerk settings

- divided Patchwerk into two bosses, one for the MT role and one for the OT role (hatefuls)

- added Snapper Extreme (+hit food)

- fixed a bug with the new gem slot on Neck

- added gem slots for trinkets on the GemChoices sheet (the JC trinket)

- replaced Enchant Shield - Shield Block with Titanium Plating (from PTR, +40 BV)

- added 10man versions of Patchwerk (he hits softer but faster --> block rating / value actually becomes good)

- added Enchant Weapon - Titanguard (from PTR, +75 Sta)

- added Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina (from PTR, +40 Sta)

- added a button to sort everything in the GearList sheet (should work in both Excel and OpenOffice)

- changed Tauren HP bonus to 5% of base health instead of 5% of base health and 5% of health from base stamina

Emergency Release, last release introduced a bug with AEP for Gems, making for bad automatic choices.

- fixed a bug with the threat/dps value of armor/def/dod

- fixed a bug with Gems sheet not getting the correct stat weights from GearList (introduced in the last release)

- added Loatheb to the boss list

- attached different TTL/Burst/Threat/DPS proportions to each boss

- added MagicDPS for bosses, simply gets added to physical DPS without mitigation (for now)

So I am just assuming the Tauren hp change had major affects on gear? Like half my choices that were best or second best in slot are almost equal to crafted gear :| . Just want to make sure there is nothing being worked on with any possible errors with sheet. When I open gearlist on fresh sheet STR has XXX in both Conversions tables. Reguardless not upset bout stats changing, just want to make sure there right on this sheet and STR is supose to have no weight.

Thank you very much for additions to new chants , + hit food and Jcing gem slots :) that rocks. Love all the hard work you put into this to give us solid way of looking at all options to choose from for upgrades.

The macro I wrote seemed to bug the sheet a bit and I ended up making a copy of one of the sheets and then remapping all the things pointing at it, so that's what precipitated the emergency release. Should be all fixed up now, but I'll be checking things pretty carefully in the next day or two and may do another release.

Thanks for your work.

With the last update of the spreadsheet items with block rating/value are rated far superior compared to items without block rating/value than the the spreadsheet version released at 12-05-2008 does.

Is this a bug of the current version or a result of a bug fix?

For example (with TTL and Burst weight equal set to 0.5 and Filler WotLK Boss):

12-05-08

Helm of Vital Protection - 6376 AEP, 0 BR/BV

Valorous Dreadnaught Greathelm - 6247 AEP, 77 BV

Herores' Dreadnaught Greathelm - 5786 AEP, 65 BV

Pauldrons of Unnatural Death - 4651, 0 BR/BV

Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - 4619, 29 BR

Burdened Shoulderplates - 4348, 50 BR

12-18-08

Valorous Dreadnaught Greathelm - 8617 AEP, 77 BV

Heroes' Dreadnaught Greathelm - 7873 AEP, 65 BV

Helm of Vital Protection - 7647 AEP, 0 BR/BV

Burdened Shoulderplates - 6453, 50 BR

Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - 6163, 29 BR

Pauldrons of Unnatural Death - 5374 0 BR/BV

The gearset saved had a very high conversion ratio for BV. When I plugged in my gear and used the calculated conversions the AEP's reverted to what you would expect.

So I always have to copy the Calculated Conversions to the line above by myself to ensure the spreadsheet is answering exactly the question I'm asking?

The author can probably give a better answer but I always copy the Calculated Conversions to the line above and then make some minor alterations depending on what I'm trying to check i.e. SBV set v Avoidance set etc etc.

If you don't use the calculated conversions then your are not optimising as they take into account hit/expertise cap, DR on dodge/parry etc.

TLDR: Yeah, plug in your gear and copy numbers to the line above.

I think the emergency release may have been set to Loatheb, which would greatly increase the value of Blk and BV. Hopefully with a number of boss choices available and the automatic sorter, the sheet should get a lot more useful in developing multiple gearsets optimized for what you're doing. When I found the problem that spurred the emergency release, I was curious about Loatheb gear.

To answer the other question about the calculated conversions - yes, you need to copy the calculated values to the line above. I don't want to force people to use the calculated values because the basic function of the sheet is to allow people to rate gear based on whatever criteria they see fit. I see the calculated values as a recommendation and nothing more, so you have to act on that advice in order for it to affect the gear rankings.

Furthermore, if you try to link the values in with the calculations Excel will error out. This is because the sheet makes a few choices based on stat weights, so there is a logical loop if you try to hardcode the calculated values to automatically become the real values.

2 things I noticed:

Is there a reason that cell P36 in fitting room only sums P4 to P33 and doesn't include P34 (gem totals?). Effect is that it's not including expertise from gems. A few of the other sum formulae on row 36 do not include gem totals.

Also on fitting room sheet, cell z6 does not have the formula for socket bonus in it which for example results in the socket bonus from drakescale collar not being applied.

AC Str Agi Sta Def Dod Par Res Blk BV Hit Crit Exp AP Has ArP B R Y

1.0 3.5 8.1 14.0 10.5 8.8 7.6 0.0 3.5 4.0 4.0 1.1 5.0 0.5 0.8 1.2 336 238 252

Calculated

1.0 3.3 8.3 11.3 9.4 8.8 6.7 0.0 5.0 3.5 3.0 1.2 13.8 0.5 1.0 1.4

For those who use PAWN, here's the pawn scale assuming the above is close to correct:

( Pawn: v1: "Tank": Armor=1, Strength=3.5, Agility=8.1, Stamina=14, Defense=10.5, Dodge=8.8, Parry=7.6, Resilience=0, BlockRating=3.5, BlockValue=4, HitRating=4, CritRating=1.1, ExpertiseRating=5, AttackPower=0.5, HasteRating=0.8, ArmorPenetration=1.2, BlueSocket=336, RedSocket=238, YellowSocket=252 )

and for those who agree to the calculated results from Illusive:

( Pawn: v1: "Tank - Illusive": Armor=1, Strength=3.3, Agility=8.3, Stamina=11.3, Defense=9.4, Dodge=8.8, Parry=6.7, Resilience=0, BlockRating=5, BlockValue=3.5, HitRating=3, CritRating=1.2, ExpertiseRating=13.8, AttackPower=0.5, HasteRating=1, ArmorPenetration=1.4, BlueSocket=336, RedSocket=238, YellowSocket=252 )

NOTE: Please double check whether I have converted the abbreviations correctly, as I am not 100% sure on that!

Your correct in your numbers. But keep in mind the sheet calculates stat weight based on your stats / gear you have listed on the Fitting Room. So those are really only good enough for a guideline, because I am a Tauren and I am pretty sure I was at 26 expertise. So as previously stated, put in your gear and look at Gearlist tab and check out very top section for Conversions to see what is important to you. Currently on the latest sheet, I have tweaked mine a bit more to take next to next to no consideration for stat like ArP. Trying to keep a bit more weight on balance of Str / BV / Hit and at least 26 + expertise.

I truely believe Sta is overall product of Best or 2nd Best in slot gear choices. Most everything should put a 25 Naxx geared level tank around 30k Hps unbuffed, with also near 200 hit, and at least 26 expertise mark. Highly depending on gem choices and enchants of course. I agree while gemming for STA is best overall stat weight, I still feel being at fair ammount going into next Tier of raiding after Naxx it will help be prepared. Also considering what type of TPS your DPS will be pushing. So I am just trying to be overly prepared and have small ammount of Hit / Expertise to help my overall DPS/TPS. Also from feedback and armory profiles I have seen I am pretty certain I will be giving the Deep Wounds build a try to see if it truely does increase my TPS by 800 as spreadsheet is showing me.

Great work! How can I add Borean Armor Kits to the available enchants in the Fitting Room, for things like head, legs? (I know these are sub-optimal enchants but I'm getting there) :P

Right click on the last row of where you want the enchant & copy > Right click again & Insert copied cells > you'll then need to ensure that the cell range for those enchants is labelled correctly & the row range too, other wise you may not see the enchant in the Fitting Room drop down list & the Sort button may not sort that new entry.

The easiest way to add something to any of the lists is to do Insert -> Rows somewhere in the middle of the list, pushing a few of the items down. This will stretch all the relevant named ranges automatically. Then you just need to copy & paste one of the other rows into the empty row and change values. It doesn't matter where you put it, you can sort and it will get sorted to wherever it belongs.

By the way, I'm having a hell of a time making the sorting macro work in open office 3. If anybody has the expertise to make the macro work simultaneously in OOo2.0 (macs are still using it), OOo3.0, and (preferably the most recent) Excel, I'd very much appreciate the help.

Is there support for additional sockets to wrist/hands (BS) & belt (eternal belt buckle) ?

Yup, just mark off on the Options sheet that you're a blacksmith and you'll get wrists/hands gems automatically. Everyone gets the belt buckle by default, it'd be silly to wear a belt without one.

Disregard this post, I found the problem and it was between the keyboard and the chair on my end.

On the GearList sheet, you need to copy the calculated values to the line above after any serious change in gear/talents/bosses/etc. I don't want to force people to use the calculated values because the basic function of the sheet is to allow people to rate gear based on whatever criteria they see fit. I see the calculated values as a recommendation and nothing more, so you have to act on that advice in order for it to affect the gear rankings.

You cannot copy and paste because, as the error message said, it causes a logical loop (the sheet uses the stat weights to make decisions that will affect the stat weights - circular, see?). You just need to look at the value in the yellow row and type it manually in the row above.

You cannot copy and paste because, as the error message said, it causes a logical loop (the sheet uses the stat weights to make decisions that will affect the stat weights - circular, see?). You just need to look at the value in the yellow row and type it manually in the row above.

You can also use Copy and then Paste Value instead of the regular Paste. Paste Value pastes the actual values rather than the formulae.

On the GearList sheet, you need to copy the calculated values to the line above after any serious change in gear/talents/bosses/etc. I don't want to force people to use the calculated values because the basic function of the sheet is to allow people to rate gear based on whatever criteria they see fit. I see the calculated values as a recommendation and nothing more, so you have to act on that advice in order for it to affect the gear rankings.

I can definitely understand why you'd want to allow such customization. I think the way it's currently implemented though, causes misconceptions. User A downloads the sheet, puts in their gear, talents, buffs, all that, then looks at the ranking sheet and gets an incorrect ranking for their gear set. It's not immediately obvious that you have to manually change the weights in order for it to work properly, and that's going to confuse people (as it did me until I figured it out).

I wonder about the possibility of having an option box for whether the sheet uses the calculated row or the manual row, with calculated being on by default but allowing advanced users the option to tweak as needed.