Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chalon

WotLK Rogue Gear Discussion

1355 posts in this topic

Even on 25-man, KT drops only 1 helm token per kill, yes. This was reported by many people in Beta, but it wasn't changed. Either that means it's intended or it was very low priority and they never got around to fixing this.

All other Naxx 25 bosses (as well as Sartharion) drop 2 tokens per kill.

Even on 25-man, KT drops only 1 helm token per kill, yes. This was reported by many people in Beta, but it wasn't changed. Either that means it's intended or it was very low priority and they never got around to fixing this.

All other Naxx 25 bosses (as well as Sartharion) drop 2 tokens per kill.

KT drops 2 helm tokens per kill in 25man.

This sentence had me worried.

Do you mean there is only one single token for a r25 boss ?

I took for granted that they had gone the TBC way with 1 token on r10 bosses and 3 tokens on r25 bosses, but after all there was only one token on Maulg/Gruul and Mag at first, so...

Not killing kt/sapph until tonight, but all the other bosses in naxx dropped at least 2 valorous tokens, so I'd imagine KT would drop at least that many.

Nope, T7.25 helms are going to be in short supply, currently the only known source (and everything has been killed) is Kel'Thuzad, and he drops two per kill, so odds are even the top guilds are going to have people missing Helms for Ulduar, because the other pieces can be picked up with badegs or from the PvP boss. So make sure that the people taking them doing have a better alternative. For rogues the helm is basically required because we don't have a superior helm option and we have superior legs, chest and gloves.

I have never seen KT drop 2 helm tokens on a kill. And I just double-checked on our guild's DKP list and only see one helm drop on each of our two kills. I also killed him many times on Beta and only ever saw 1 helm token.

First kill he dropped: [item]Boundless Ambition[/item] [item]The Turning Tide[/item] [item]Last Laugh[/item] [item]Crown of the Lost Protector[/item]

Second kill: [item]Boundless Ambition[/item] [item]Leggings of Mortal Arrogance[/item] [item]Voice of Reason[/item] [item]Crown of the Lost Protector[/item]

The only other thing I could guess is maybe one of those slots is shared with the set tokens? So he always drops 4 items, sometimes 2x non-set 2x helm, and other times 3x non-set, 1 helm?

Our kill on the 23rd resulted in 2 weapons, shield, 2 helm tokens. Seems like it's been hotfixed chalon.

I'm fairly certain they hotfixed it, if in fact he's dropping 2 helm tokens. Come to think of it our Wintergrasp lockout was increased to 7 day reset as well opposed to 3 days.

Come to think of it our Wintergrasp lockout was increased to 7 day reset as well opposed to 3 days.

I think Wintergrasp might just be set to be either reset on Tuesday or every third day right now - whatever comes first - I could be wrong though.

Weapons

Combat: So what's fucked up for Combat is the best MH sword in the game currently is a 156 DPS Naxx trash drop. Furthermore, there's only one top end sword which is 1.5s. This means that for all intents and purposes, you really don't want to go swords anymore. Instead, MH Fist/OH Dagger is the way to go. So drop 5/5 Sword Spec and instead get 5/5 CQC. This sucks a little bit for humans, but given that you still get 10 free Expertise from talents, and there's a plethora of well-itemized armor pieces with Expertise on it, it's not too big of a deal. Sword Spec is not hands down better than CQC now, due to both the WF change and the addition of Prey on the Weak.

So basically, you want MH [item]Calamity's Grasp[/item] (KT drop), and for an OH you want a fast dagger such as [item]Webbed Death[/item], [item]Deadly Gladiator's Shiv[/item], or [item]Murder[/item].

Using sp00n's spreadsheet v3b and all of the default gear that comes plugged in when you download the sheet I have found that a 15/51/5 spec including both 5/5 CQC and 4/5 Sword spec using [iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] and [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] is only ~20 dps below the Fist/Dagger alternative with [iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] and [iTEM]Webbed death[/iTEM].

These are the values that I found with using a 15/51/5 spec with a 5s/5r/5e rotation with the Rupture, SS, and SnD Glyphs:

[iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] / [iTEM]Webbed Death[/iTEM] 4821.40

[iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] / [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] 4797.01

The Fist/Dagger setup is still the most effective but [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] is currently the second best off hand from what I've found and deserves a mentioning.

I think Wintergrasp might just be set to be either reset on Tuesday or every third day right now - whatever comes first - I could be wrong though.

Definitely a weekly reset, has "5day 17hr 33min" timer on it right now. Also, i can confirm that KT dropped 2x helms for us. Double vanquisher though, so I'm set till blizz releases more content!

Using sp00n's spreadsheet v3b and all of the default gear that comes plugged in when you download the sheet I have found that a 15/51/5 spec including both 5/5 CQC and 4/5 Sword spec using [iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] and [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] is only ~20 dps below the Fist/Dagger alternative with [iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] and [iTEM]Webbed death[/iTEM].

These are the values that I found with using a 15/51/5 spec with a 5s/5r/5e rotation with the Rupture, SS, and SnD Glyphs:

[iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] / [iTEM]Webbed Death[/iTEM] 4821.40

[iTEM]Calamity's Grasp[/iTEM] / [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] 4797.01

The Fist/Dagger setup is still the most effective but [iTEM]Hailstorm[/iTEM] is currently the second best off hand from what I've found and deserves a mentioning.

Did you change the race to Human, as you are?

The racial does a good bit of gap closing for any spec involving swords for us.

Did you change the race to Human, as you are?

The racial does a good bit of gap closing for any spec involving swords for us.

That was with leaving the race as NE, chaning it to human does close the gap a bit more but that combo still ends up in second place.

It should also be noted that [iTEM]37856[/iTEM] is essentially equivalent to [iTEM]40368[/iTEM] as a combat offhand.

It was a 3-day reset but they hot-fixed it to 7 days, they also increased his health. People were just walking in and collecting free loot. I imagine we'll start seeing more changes like this.

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> 26/11 Archavon Encounter Changes

I've got an interesting question for you all here, because I'm not entirely sure what to make of the trinket I'm talking about here, largely because I don't have much information.

The trinket in question is the Darkmoon Card provided by the Undeath Deck.

A report on wowhead shows the card as having:

85 Haste Rating

Each time you deal damage you have a chance to deal 744-956 shadow damage. (Proc rate: 35%, no listed internal CD)

Link

I'm not sure what to make of this trinket as a rogue option next to Fury of the Five Flights or Mirror of Truth, and certainly don't want to be chasing yet another deck if it's no good.

So far as I figure, the proc effect should proc not only off melee hits, but poison ticks, ruptures, and wound/instant poison procs.

Anybody got the know-how to crunch the numbers on this one?

(Edited for spelling errors)

According to ShadowPanther the best offhand weapon to use is Sinister Revenge yet this is a MH dagger? Can someone confirm whether this is true or not?

Well, [item]Sinister Revenge[/item] is likely the best off-hand in any event. But it's only very, very slightly better than dual Webbed Deaths.

This is slightly off-topic but ... what would you suggest we use to find upgrades? Going through the spreadsheet in its current form and exhaustively plugging in long lists of possible items in each slot is ... not fun. Of course you will use the spreadsheet to compare the relative merits of a couple of items for a slot, but as a means of finding out what might be upgrades, it is not my tool of choice.

From the information I've gathered, scribes make the cards for the new decks but other than that I have no idea. Does anybody know how exactly these decks are made?

From the information I've gathered, scribes make the cards for the new decks but other than that I have no idea. Does anybody know how exactly these decks are made?

Scribes can make [item]Darkmoon Card of the North[/item], which in turn can be 1 of 8 cards from 1 of 4 decks. For the rogue-centric one, you wan Ace through Eight of Nobles. Combine them, make the deck, get your trinket.

This is slightly off-topic but ... what would you suggest we use to find upgrades? Going through the spreadsheet in its current form and exhaustively plugging in long lists of possible items in each slot is ... not fun. Of course you will use the spreadsheet to compare the relative merits of a couple of items for a slot, but as a means of finding out what might be upgrades, it is not my tool of choice.

Shadowpanther lists the most likely item ugrades, listed via his calculations. While those calculations might not be the same as what you use to determine usefulness, you can still see what items are out there, and based off those items, get an idea of what upgrades to shoot for. In my experience, I've seen that the item rankings he has are generally correct, and something higher up on the list is generally going to be a DPS upgrade.

Scribes can make [item]Darkmoon Card of the North[/item], which in turn can be 1 of 8 cards from 1 of 4 decks. For the rogue-centric one, you wan Ace through Eight of Nobles. Combine them, make the deck, get your trinket.

Be prepared to spend several thousand gold in order to make the card, as well. Completed mine, now just have to wait for the Darkmoon Faire to come back in town.