Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chalon

WotLK Rogue Gear Discussion

1355 posts in this topic

Im running into the situation where Im so low on DKP priority in my guild that people will be getting heroic teir gear before I even get sanctafied. This is making me wonder, and I did spreadsheet this out, if I wouldnt be better off not using ANY tier gear. A non heroic item setup is extreemly close in dps, less than 2% to the 2pc and it doesnt require me to TOTT to get the full dps benifit. In my situation at least I would be able to get the regular drops much faster,

Using geist lords hat and blood soaked spaulders instead of the teir items. I would still have my darkmoon card along with my grim toll if it wasnt for the token trinket if that tells you anything.

Just wonder if anyone else is in a similar situation and how your dealing with it.

edit....

looks like once you go sanctafied it pulls a few hundred dps ahead.

You should be using TotT fairly regularly anyway, as its a ~3% (or ~5% glyphed) DPS increase for another high dpser in your raid, which outweighs the loss you'll incur by using 15 energy on tricks. As such, getting the 2pc is really the best way to go.

With the LK weapons released (along with the update on the stat changes) I've put together a BiS list for Mutilate that assumes you can do 25 man hard modes. Professions are JC/Engineering.

[item]Geistlord's Punishment Sack[/item]

[item]Sindragosa's Cruel Claw[/item]

[item]Cultist's Bloodsoaked Spaulders[/item]

[item]Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak[/item]

[item]Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder[/item]

[item]Toskk's Maximized Wristguards[/item]

[item]Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets[/item]

[item]Astrylian's Sutured Cinch[/item]

[item]Sanctified Shadowblade Legplates[/item]

[item]Frostbitten Fur Boots[/item]

[item]Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance[/item]

[item]Band of the Bone Colossus[/item]

[item]Tiny Abomination in a Jar[/item]

[item]Whispering Fanged Skull[/item]

[item]Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies[/item]

[item]Lungbreaker[/item]

[item]Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'Thalas[/item]

Gems: Stark in red sockets, Quick in everything else

Estimated DPS: 13542.3

The estimated DPS seems incredibly low compared to other classes NOW and yet nothing I do can get it any higher. I see Mages and DKS very close to that number already.

Check out Mavana's BiS list, it at around 13700 dps I believe with combat not too far behind. As far mages and DK's dps it's all situational, there are some encounters in which they will always do good maybe better than rogues. Like ranged bosses or adds.

Hopefully there will be one or two 277 pieces for bracer/boots/neck/belt from the ruby sanctum so we aren't forced to use as much armor pen gear. As it stands it looks like we'll at least get a second 277 trinket option for mutilate. They may even be lich king quality, judging by the blue post on MMO:

"You're likely to find some random pieces of armor on par with Lich King loot, similar to the items Onyxia dropped while Trial of the Crusader was the top-tier raid. You can also expect to see some more trinkets and things of that nature."

At the very least we should have another heroic trinket for mutilate. In the blue post about ruby sanctum loot it mentions a heroic trinket with a 1472 AP proc. Even the normal mode proc is better than 264 WFS proc.

# Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec. (Piercing Twilight)

# Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Heroic Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1472 attack power for 15 sec.

As long as the passive bonus isn't exp or armor pen it'll be better than WFS, since crit strike rating is really our worst option between haste hit crit ap and agi.