Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morsexy

In-Depth Fury DPS Discussion

3229 posts in this topic

DW growing isn't something that will never happen. It's like saying Sword Spec isn't reliable, because it only adds a chance to get an extra swing, and there's no guarantee that it will go off in a given encounter. That's not telling the whole story. Now, is there a button on our bars that says "grow my DW"? Of course not. But that doesn't mean it's something we can't affect, mostly in terms of gearing towards crit.

I do agree that we're not going to see any crazy DW silliness, a la 1H Arms in 3.0.2.

DW growing isn't something that will never happen. It's like saying Sword Spec isn't reliable, because it only adds a chance to get an extra swing, and there's no guarantee that it will go off in a given encounter. That's not telling the whole story. Now, is there a button on our bars that says "grow my DW"? Of course not. But that doesn't mean it's something we can't affect, mostly in terms of gearing towards crit.

I do agree that we're not going to see any crazy DW silliness, a la 1H Arms in 3.0.2.

Yes because Execute Proc is to low ...would be nice if Blizzard can change it back to 30% . Then it will be viable again

Total number of crits for both players: Fanátic 184; Civrôck 179. Purely intuitively, I don't think pure crit% was the difference remix.

For reference: Fanátic DW damage is 406 543; Civrôck DW damage is 594 235.

That really is a pretty impressive difference.

What MH are you using Fanátic? You're in prot on the armory at the moment. I can't imagine the MH is the whole answer, but it might help to explain. In fact, logging out in your fury gear might help someone spot something...

I run dual Heroic Cryptmakers.

Also I had a total of 8 crits on Blood Beasts and very few DW ticks on them. Most DW damage on Beasts came from the tanks as I only WW after the intial aoe stun and the typoon knockback. Most beasts don't live more than 3 seconds after I crit them.

All that brings my total crits to just 3 under Civ's. While I can see the reasoning for everyones explanations (thank you to all who posted). It still seems amazingly odd that with 176 crits vs 179 crits would be the difference of nearly 200,000 DW damage. Obviously 24 ticks at around 200 would bring my average down but 3 crits increasing DW damage by 50% is crazy. Needless to say I'll be watching the logs carefully tonight.

I run dual Heroic Cryptmakers.

#2: You get free Deep Wounds damage ticks if the debuff is refreshed within about .2-.25s after a tick.

This one is a bit tricker to explain. If you've heard of the "Ignite Munching" bug, then you probably are already aware that DW munching occurs in the exact same fashion. Basically, if 2 crits land near simultaneously, when the 2nd crit updates the damage value for the DW buffer, it overwrites whatever the 1st crit wrote and ignores it.

With same speed weapons you are going to see a lot more of this unless you are desyncing.