Kavan

Rawr.Mage

1674 posts in this topic

EDIT: Never mind. Didnt Check out 2.1.4. Filtering is fine now.

Bug: Cincture of Polarity is listed twice in 'comparisons' giving 211.43 dps and 190.01 dps (no gems in CoP).

Actually open the item in the editor. The higher one may be gemmed but the gem will not show until you select a gem slot color for it.

Indeed the 2.1.4 data files have a Cincture with a gem. This can happen when you do load from armory on a character with a Belt Buckle.

Coincidentally, there is a gnome mage in Astrylian's guild with Cincture and a red gem :)

Indeed the 2.1.4 data files have a Cincture with a gem. This can happen when you do load from armory on a character with a Belt Buckle.

Coincidentally, there is a gnome mage in Astrylian's guild with Cincture and a red gem :)

Honestly, this is one of the huge reasons I keep an entirely separate ItemCache.xml file to swap into each version. It almost feels like the cache could use it's own maintainer at this point as it's gotten to the point where the product is almost unusable out of the box.

That would be my wife. :) There's probably a few extra-gemmed belts in the default itemcache, sorry.

I think the idea that the default itemcache is unusable is quite the exaggeration, but major changes are coming in 2.2 toward how Rawr handles items and item gemmings.

That would be my wife. :) There's probably a few extra-gemmed belts in the default itemcache, sorry.

I think the idea that the default itemcache is unusable is quite the exaggeration, but major changes are coming in 2.2 toward how Rawr handles items and item gemmings.

Take a look at this screenshot. On the left is a proper itemcache. On the right is the default itemcache.

For a new user, the default cache makes things confusing. Now, the things in the screenshot do go away when gemming is properly done (with duplicate deletion), but what isn't shown is the large number of fairly worthless items that show up on the bottom of the list.

Too many junk items lead to the situation that doing an itemcache update (which it seems I need to do whenever I compile a new version from source) takes so long I could go out to the bar for a pint and still have time to wait.

I like the product and appreciate your work but this area is one where I consistently feel dissatisfied.

Rawr 2.1.4 doesn't seem to take into consideration Torment the weak even when you click on 3.0.8 mode.

I checked with and without Torment the weak talent and both times damage of my frostbolt was the same.

Rawr 2.1.4 doesn't seem to take into consideration Torment the weak even when you click on 3.0.8 mode.

I checked with and without Torment the weak talent and both times damage of my frostbolt was the same.

Go to Options->Snared Time set it to a number higher then 0.

How stupid of me.

Sorry for the wrong report and thanks for the fast reply.

where would i find a setting to include the extra 3% ghost hit from ffb for mages?

I want an optimization that isnt looking to add that extra 3% hit I dont need.

options -> advanced -> 3.08 mode

He wants the opposite, he doesn't want to factor in the EP fix next patch.

The ghost hit is already factored in by Rawr, which will explain why hit plummets in the "Item Budget" section at 8% from gear with full raid buffs. To calculate how things will look next patch with the fix and other changes, use the checkbox manly described. Hint: hit will probably be on top.

rawr needs to add in the tier7 4 piece set bonus or unless i'm not seeing it in the options...

Set bonuses are automatically handled. On the buffs tab, you'll see 'Frostfire Garb 4 Piece', which will automatically be enabled/disabled as your gear changes.

It would be nice if there was a option somewhere (maybe at the options->Character tab, plenty of room there) to manually add a bonus to your different stats (Spellpower, Hit, Crit, Haste, Int, Spirit) to account for unsupported stuff or just to try things out. That would be a lot easier than manually edit some Items.

The ghost hit is already factored in by Rawr...

Thank you. I had been looking for a option setting and didn't realize it was already taken into account.

I also have two minor issues with :

a. My shoulder enchant from the Wintergrasp shard vendor ( spellpower + resilence ) isnt being taken into account by rawr, and doesnt seem to be included in the drop down panel.

b. I also do not see a way of adding an eternal belt buckle slot to the belt itemization (no drop down panel at all).

Is there a way of manually adding these or will these things be added in a future version?

I think I found an error in the crit calculations of blizzard, coc, ae. Using a classic 0/53/18 build with 3/3 WIF, I get 53.30% FFB crit rate. That means 51.30% without the FFB glyph. Much to my surprise, the aforementioned spells display a crit rate of 48.30%, whereas I expected 51.30%, since they gain 6% crit from WIF/incineration, but lose 6% crit from not having critical mass apply to them. Perhaps you count pyromaniac as applying only to fire spells, whereas the spell description seems to indicate it applies to all schools ?

Actually I think Pyromaniac does apply to fire spells only. If you check its wording it is almost the same as for Arcane Focus and there we know both parts apply to arcane spells only.

I am working off the new pyromaniac description which uses 30% mana regen. Maybe it was a stealth buff that nobody picked up on ?

Have Flame Cap calculations been removed from Rawr at some point?

I can't get Rawr to bring up sequences that include them at all.

Flame Caps are enabled at Options/Spells&Buffs, I even tried disabling all other cooldowns there.

Spec is set to Fire or Frostfire, level 80. Tried it with and without 3.0.8 mode.

Also tried selection some of the different options in Options/Advanced.

I always get cycles that include Wanding, FFB/FB/LB/Pyro combinations and Molten Fury/Combustion/Icy Veins.

But no consumables are used at all (all but Flame Caps are disabled anyway).

Disabling ore re-enabling Flame Caps under Options/Spells&Buffs doesn't change damage at all either.

Am I just being dense or are Flame Caps buggy at the moment?

Am I just being dense or are Flame Caps buggy at the moment?

It is buggy in the live version. I noticed when you posted this in the other thread and investigated. It's fixed in dev version.

Two questions: First off, is there a way to adjust the value Rawr gives to a particular stat? I set my buffs and such up properly (or so I think) but I still get stupidly high values placed on MP5 in particular (it favors Int a little too much as well, but it's not as bad). Setting the fight length really low seems to help a little, but then it devalues on-use abilities from trinkets. The best way is if I could some how mark a setting to never show me anything with mp5 on it, period. That would solve the problem easily (since I would never take such an item), but it seems less than optimal. I'm really fed up with it telling me that Je'Tze's Bell and Winged Talisman are some of the best trinkets I could hope for. What really brings this issue to head are my attempts to discover what the best two trinkets are out of Sundial of the Exiled, Forge Ember, and Cannoneer's Fuselighter.

My second question is if there's an easy way to keep it from showing socketed items with pointless gem configurations. I really like how it can show me which gems would be better for a particular piece of gear, but it clutters up the comparisons chart with gear gemmed with strength gems, AP, etc.

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on my problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I forgot something: whenever I add an item (via an armory update) to the Rawr list of items, it doesn't show up in the comparison charts. Is there something I need to change somewhere?

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on my problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've never seen AP or Str gems in the list, or the trinkets on top you mentioned. Just loaded your char into RAWR and it's perfectly fine.

Maybe you should just reinstall it, and try again.