Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicarras

Warlock Bugs

506 posts in this topic

It procs once a week for me. It's just very rare. The only reason I can tell is I hear the soul shard spawning in my bag twice.

This doesn't work 100% of the time, but on fights like Thaddius and Gluth where your pet doesn't have a path to walk on, try either clicking on 'follow' or macroing that and spamming it 3-5 times. Most of the time doing that ports the pet to your side, meaning you don't have to resummon.

I have a macro that looks like

/petfollow

/petattack

/petfollow

/petattack

/petfollow

.... upto char limit ....

One click on that while targeting the boss is enough to get my stuck imp teleported to me.

When i was still raiding with felguard i had problems with Faerlina - he would simply ignore any order to attack her, but won't be stuck in place. What i did is to go inside melee range with her and tell him to cleave, after that he was attacking normally.

Does anyone remember if Blizzard said anything definitive on Pandemic and what crit % it uses? Since as far as I noticed by browsing a few Naxx fights on WWS there's no affliction warlock getting a proc rate close to raid buffed crit %.

I used the first page of the Patchwerk top, Proc rate was 23.7% avg with 2 at 28% and 30% (both locks with a current raid buffed crit of around 36%), 1 at 15% and most under 25%. Had a total of 249 procs from 1047 ticks of Corr + UA.

All locks I looked at had 18% raid buffs except 1 who didn't have a ret paladin and not sure if the holy paladins provided the crit bonus, they probably did at least by JoW. It's nothing actually close to a reasonably accurate view but barring some decent amounts of contrary evidence I have a feeling there is something here.

Asking this since most affliction warlocks in some Naxx gear are probably around 17-18% crit with Brill + BoK and we should be seeing quite a few instances of 30%+ Pandemic proc rates. Not sure how much luck has to do with it since even with fewer casts I don't remember having this much bad luck on Shadow Bolt crit rate on something like Brutallus over the whole farming period.

It's pretty clear from looking over my own wws reports that pandemic proccs are based off your crit chance in the character sheet. So Boomkin aura will affect it but Scorch/totem of wrath won't.

I don't know if it's been fixed or if I've just been lucky....

But I've noticed that I have not been having a problem with Immolate not sticking when you clip an older immolate.

Dare I say it...it appears to be working fine for me now!

Demonic Empathy is currently not working as the tooltip implies. Any spell cast will eat a charge, I noticed today that CoE was taking charges and not providing for any more damage to Corr ticks.

If the rumored change to DE to be chargeless and simply a 15 second 3% personal damage buff for owner or pet when the other crits, then this shouldn't make much of a difference, but if not, when DE is up demonologists should really be careful of their casts.

Has anyone mentioned bugs with vehicles yet? That's one thing that as massively frustrating in BGs and just around the world, to start around in a vehicle only to learn that it doesn't respond to anything. Sometimes on malygos I've landed on a dragon only to learn my and his player icon both gone, and my action bar as well, and other random vehicle bugs that appear to be caused by warlock pets.

EXTREMELY frustrating and all too common.

Has anyone mentioned bugs with vehicles yet? That's one thing that as massively frustrating in BGs and just around the world, to start around in a vehicle only to learn that it doesn't respond to anything. Sometimes on malygos I've landed on a dragon only to learn my and his player icon both gone, and my action bar as well, and other random vehicle bugs that appear to be caused by warlock pets.

On the malygos non-response thing: We have a guild rule. Once on your dragon, you have to de-select malygos as a target then re-target him. This has always addressed the bugs some of our members experienced.

xperl caused some bugs earlier, I belive their recent updates have addressed these.

Bar Mod addons could also cause this. I use bartender, which has been reliably good on this issue though.

That's all well and good if you have fel dom, but otherwise I'm not wasting 8-10s resummoning a pet that got dismissed because pathing is broken...

Summon an eye of kilrogg and then disable the buff as soon as it spawns. It's only a 5 seconds cast (before haste) and when it desummons your last pet will spawn at your side. Affliction locks were using this trick in arenas back in the day when their pets would get pulled behind a pillar and rooted.

I've seen a lot of issues with this, especially on the Hodir wyrm daily. One of the hunters in my guild suggested that desummoning your pet before entering a vehicle might help. I've personally noticed that relogging in can help, but that doesn't prevent the problem.

I haven't seen any issues recently, and while I used to blame bartender for when it happened on occasion, I've reproduced it with the default ui.

Any particular reason why drainsoul ticks for the first two then cuts out the third tick and doesnt tick till the fourth where it combines the third with it? I have noticed this for a while and Im not sure if it is supposed to work this way or not, but its agitating when it comes to the last percent or two of the boss and I miss out on a 13k DS because it skipps out on that third tick. This also effects juggling my dots -25% because I can't cut it out after the third tick, I have to wait for the fourth tick in order to get the dps gain.

Any particular reason why drainsoul ticks for the first two then cuts out the third tick and doesnt tick till the fourth where it combines the third with it?

My Drain Soul ticks behave a little different. I have to wait 4-5 seconds for the first tick (might be due to lag), followed shortly by the second. I have not seen the 5th tick during any of my raids for weeks now - the spell simply cancels without ticking as often as it should. That reminds me of an old spellhaste bug with Mind Flay, but the best solution for this annoying mechanic would be making Drain Soul tick every second like most other channeled spells.

Ya I have never seen a 5th tick, I didnt even think there was one because I have never even seen it. I hope Blizzard looks into this and fixes it so that it starts behaving correctly and ticking when supposed to. This could be a nice dps boost once fixed and once working correctly.

I've seen a lot of issues with this, especially on the Hodir wyrm daily. One of the hunters in my guild suggested that desummoning your pet before entering a vehicle might help. I've personally noticed that relogging in can help, but that doesn't prevent the problem.

I haven't seen any issues recently, and while I used to blame bartender for when it happened on occasion, I've reproduced it with the default ui.

Yeah, I know some ways to get around it, but in BGs/WG and stuff (not that I expect many locks to be doing BGs) it's annoying to get into a vehicle and realize that your abilities don't work for it. I've noticed that the Demolisher in Strand a lot of times doesn't show the damage that's being done, even though the abilities fire, I think when it does that it doesn't actually do any damage, so I'm more of a decoy tank than anything, which is stupid.

Another way I think that fixes some of the problems is with /reloadui, if I get some bugs with Maly next time I'll try that and hopefully don't get a spark on me at first. I'll try that targeting thing though, but normally I just keep him my target because I'm spamming my CoE button in the center of the platform as hard as I can so I can get it all the way through P3, which is ENORMOUSLY helpful.

I have not been on the ptr yet but I have heard that the shadow embrace bug has been fixed and will be implemented in the next upcomming patch. Is it really fixed on ptr? This has really hurt one of our raiding locks and has forced him to spec demonic pact for the raid. If anyone has been on ptr and has tested this please post and let me know. thanks.

It's pretty clear from looking over my own wws reports that pandemic proccs are based off your crit chance in the character sheet. So Boomkin aura will affect it but Scorch/totem of wrath won't.
The spore buff from Loatheb shows the extra 50% crit on the character sheet, right? That would explain why I got a ~41% proc rate tonight on Loatheb. I have a 19% raid buffed crit.

pandemicay6.th.jpg

99 procs from 245 hits.

Tested the Shadow Embrace bug on the PTR tonight and can confirm that it is still broken. The first lock that applies the buff is the only one to get any dmg increase. The second lock and any subsequent locks do not gain any benefit from the talent at all and are only able to refresh the debuff for the first person to apply it.

Tested the Shadow Embrace bug on the PTR tonight and can confirm that it is still broken. The first lock that applies the buff is the only one to get any dmg increase. The second lock and any subsequent locks do not gain any benefit from the talent at all and are only able to refresh the debuff for the first person to apply it.

Thats very odd a good friend of mine said that it's working fine and the way it should be. I guess I'll go test it myself to get my own opinion flowing. I wish they would fix this issue it's a pretty big one and I don't feel like switching back and forth each week different specs with my other raid lock who also wants to raid affliction.

Thats very odd a good friend of mine said that it's working fine and the way it should be. I guess I'll go test it myself to get my own opinion flowing. I wish they would fix this issue it's a pretty big one and I don't feel like switching back and forth each week different specs with my other raid lock who also wants to raid affliction.

It's a ~5-7% dps loss if you're not the one to get SE up - other lock specs are unlikely to get you higher than that anyway.

Well i saw a blue post where they stated it will be fixed on the next ptr patch Im not sure if they meant this patch thats active now or the next upcomming patch. Does anyone know?

It was working, im guessing they broke it again.