Guest Airraid

Hunters: Soloing old instances for fun and profit

1505 posts in this topic

I really wish this was US, Durendil!
Shoot, I have been planning to get a 25-man Hunter MSV going for some time, maybe we can join heads and see what we can do about making this a reality.

I already have a few Hunters who I know are definitely in.

Ok, so I made the forum at https://sites.google.com/site/25huntersvspandaria/forum

To avoid too many off-topic messages in this thread, I suggest, if you want to ask anything, that you ask to join the group and post in the "discussions" thread.

Don't hesitate to read the "read me" section for any basic info.

I hope we'll be able to organize great raids!

Edited by Durendil

I really wish this was US, Durendil!

Shoot, I have been planning to get a 25-man Hunter MSV going for some time, maybe we can join heads and see what we can do about making this a reality.

I already have a few Hunters who I know are definitely in.

I know a few people that would probably be interested as well. Not 25 though =/

Edited by Shoot

Great thinking durendil!

Too bad you're alliance though hehe, otherwise I would have definetly joined you.

djDIlvm.jpg

Maybe a new world first (legit kill, don't forget Durendil's one) : Ragnaros 25 hm before enrage.

16min10 to kill him, so I guess it was doable without new upgrades after all (I think 580 ilvl is needed).

I was in bm spec because I have a better gear for this spec atm, but sv is a better choice for this fight.

Edited by Lukybre

Pfew. When I decided to start soloing again, I guess I didn't pick the easiest one :)

WoWScrnShot_080214_203211_zpsf7455b99.jp

The video is coming, but basically the main problem was that there were 3 "mandatory" drakes, and Halfus + 3 drakes on pet were just murder, so the fight was about rezzing your pet again and again while not losing too much dps - I got him 6 seconds after zerk, while he was roraing, and for that I had to add the whelps into the mix at the start - poor pet, even with quintuple last stand his health was going down.

Got alysrazor/ryolith 25h too, I'll make an article about those two later.

Edited by Durendil

The three videos should be available very soon on my channel. The last 2 bosses were what I call unforgiving but not too hard.

As far as Ryolith was concerned, Heroic mode required perfect steering - kill the volcanoes one after the other. However bursting the foot was complicated because unless you cleaned up with bestial wrath, whenever fragments were up I had to aoe permanently. Also, if 2 sparks were up I had to finish one off quickly - so no dps on the foot. In the end, it was hard, but doable once you got the hang of steering and dealing with adds at the same time.

WoWScrnShot_080414_153037_zps038045f5.jp

Then came alysrazor. I used the same strategy as the priests - just go to Ryoliths ledge with 5 spirit beasts during firestorm, and deterrence while rotating. However the birds aggro you if you are on the ground when they spawn, so I also had to do the flying phases - here again, it's just a matter of learning to fly, the main sources of wipes were when the last 2 circles before firestorm spawned somewhere I didn't see, but then I learned where the first circle after the cast always spawned, and the rest is history.

WoWScrnShot_080414_171523_zpsd6466d54.jp

Edit: got Blackhorn 25, he was surprisingly easy although the first onslaught did surprise me with it's 975K damage :) In the end I deterrenced one out of two onslaughts.

Edited by Durendil

I started testing soloing on beta.

For the moment I just did ICC (didn't kill the lich king because some damage still isn't scaled down). I'll do a thorough analysis later, but as far as numbers are concerned damage is insanely increased, hunter survival seems is slightly up and pet survival slightly down. Note that those numbers will be those we see in the next expansion since we'll have a 7-level difference with mop bosses.

What worries me is the shared pet CDs - basically, you can't rotate pets: if you cast spirit mend, all pets have a 30-sec cd on it. Same for last stand - it's once every 6 minutes, all pets included.

Quintuple last stand is gone. I believe it might have something to do with the shared pet CD.

There are also minor bugs, but they don't threaten extreme soloing as a whole.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hunter soloing isn't a priority for blizzard, and it's not like rotating pets and quintuple last stand were causing imbalances in pve or pvp - so no getting paranoid, it's probably a side-effect of another change and not an attack :) However, as far as I'm concerned, it's a side-effect that causes big problems, so it's a bug. And I plan on reporting it on the eu forums after a little more testing, it would be great if an US hunter did the same (after testing, if possible, so they can reply to questions effectively). This isn't a bug they will "just fix", we have to make them realize it's there.

Thank you,

Durendil

I started testing soloing on beta.

For the moment I just did ICC (didn't kill the lich king because some damage still isn't scaled down). I'll do a thorough analysis later, but as far as numbers are concerned damage is insanely increased, hunter survival seems is slightly up and pet survival slightly down. Note that those numbers will be those we see in the next expansion since we'll have a 7-level difference with mop bosses.

What worries me is the shared pet CDs - basically, you can't rotate pets: if you cast spirit mend, all pets have a 30-sec cd on it. Same for last stand - it's once every 6 minutes, all pets included.

Quintuple last stand is gone. I believe it might have something to do with the shared pet CD.

There are also minor bugs, but they don't threaten extreme soloing as a whole.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hunter soloing isn't a priority for blizzard, and it's not like rotating pets and quintuple last stand were causing imbalances in pve or pvp - so no getting paranoid, it's probably a side-effect of another change and not an attack :) However, as far as I'm concerned, it's a side-effect that causes big problems, so it's a bug. And I plan on reporting it on the eu forums after a little more testing, it would be great if an US hunter did the same (after testing, if possible, so they can reply to questions effectively). This isn't a bug they will "just fix", we have to make them realize it's there.

Thank you,

Durendil

I will report it; I have done an extensive amount of solo'ing on the beta and have been able to down some MoP bosses. I assumed it was intended; but who knows. It is a big nerf not to be able to cycle pets though. Earlier on Multi-strike was affecting mend pet ticks which was making pet healing crazy; but they made multi-strike no longer affect it; not sure if this was intentional or not either.

Edited by Shoot

Thanks for the help - I personally won't test level 100 soloing of mop raids, so I'll let you analyse numbers and possibilities, I'll just comment mainly on bugs and mechanic changes by comparing live soloing with beta soloing at level 90.

Edit: pet survivablity should actually be up since the beta is bugged: blood of the rhino/animal bond don't increase the healing of mend pet, although they work on bandages.

Edit: finished all video capture, now I need to extrapolate the data.

Edited by Durendil

Ok, so I did the thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11478577956?page=1#2. It's on the EU forums. It's really important that it gets bumped and replied too since some of the changes to extreme soloing are just devastating from a qualitative manner - and quantity can be affected by gear but once quality is gone, it's forever (or for years).

Also, I give anyone leave to quote, copy, or anything as long as they link this link so we can get soloers to unite to defend our entertainment.

P.S: if anyone starts a US thread, please link it so I can link it in my post.

Got maloriak 25 Heroic - he was actually easier than the 10H version since assurance of consequence and increased health allowed me to kite the adds far more easily and ignore some arcane storms instead of deterrencing. Dps was more of an issue though, so I had to go BM to clear the adds during the green phase.

WoWScrnShot_080914_173759_zpsf84ad06d.jp

Edited by Durendil

6xNrQDq.jpg

Valithria Dreamwalker 25man Normal has been solo'd! Which means we only need her on Heroic mode now to cross of WoTLK as solo'd, however it's looking dark. Since her health decays in heroic mode, her effective health will be a lot more and in my kill video the room was just seconds away from being swarmed with mobs.

Video: http://youtu.be/Y5U9Vn4ihL8

Edited by Narî

Does anyone know if the bugs with mend pet (not affected by blood of the rhino/animal bond) on the Beta are also present on the 6.0 ptr?*

As far as pet cycling goes, answer of Blizzard:

This is entirely by design, and we view it as fixing an exploit/loophole. Abilities are given cooldowns and tuned accordingly, with the intent that they can be used once per X seconds. The ability to cycle through multiple copies of the same pet to bypass those cooldowns is something that we've wanted to prevent since Mists, but it was not a simple task technically, so we weren't able to cleanly implement it until now. I understand it removes what you saw as fun and harmless tricks in your repertoire when soloing encounters (and which were indeed fun and harmless in that context). However, the ability to do this did cause balance problems in a number of situations and often limited the diversity of hunter pet-taming by causing the "right" answer to be stacking multiple copies of the same pet.

:(  :(  :( 

Edited by Durendil

I've done a little testing in cataclysm raids:

- mend pet is buggy, meaning it's not affected by healing modifiers (blood of the rhino, glyph of animal bond, versatility). However damage received is now considerabely lower.

-some abilities (mainly debuffs) still deal full damage: Valiona 25H's blackout OSed me by far (180% of my health)  through glyphed deterrence despite the fact that last patch it only took 90% of my life.

-but I still killed her in 25-man mode by downing her in 20 seconds: our dps has been immensely buffed.

I also got Ascendant council on 25HM by just going in without any strategy, and barely took damage. So technically a worldfirst, but I can't really take credit since there wasn't the slightest challenge (and the buff has been here since today).

Also got cho'gall 25 hm - downed in 2 minutes when before patch I didn't have the dps.

Sinestra 25Hm actually proved dangerous, althoug I really didn't apply most of the strat I had to for her 10h version.

Also cleared firelands 25H... Majordomo and Baleroc both managed to kill the pet once, as for the rest... For example I had managed to get shannox at 45% after 6 minutes of extremely hard fight, and here I just killed dog/killed shannox really quickly (only 2 face rages).

I'm wondering if some bosses (except valithria) will prove challenging.

Edit: in fact, the bug that makes debuffs deal full damage can make things challenging - I'm getting completely destroyed by the wind council 25H, but it isn't 1-shotting, so I'm trying to come up with a strategy.

Edited by Durendil

- mend pet is buggy, meaning it's not affected by healing modifiers (blood of the rhino, glyph of animal bond, versatility). However damage received is now considerabely lower.

-some abilities (mainly debuffs) still deal full damage: Valiona 25H's blackout OSed me by far (180% of my health)  through glyphed deterrence despite the fact that last patch it only took 90% of my life.

-but I still killed her in 25-man mode by downing her in 20 seconds: our dps has been immensely buffed.

I also got Ascendant council on 25HM by just going in without any strategy, and barely took damage. So technically a worldfirst, but I can't really take credit since there wasn't the slightest challenge (and the buff has been here since today).

Also got cho'gall 25 hm - downed in 2 minutes when before patch I didn't have the dps.

Sinestra 25Hm actually proved dangerous, althoug I really didn't apply most of the strat I had to for her 10h version.

Also cleared firelands 25H... Majordomo and Baleroc both managed to kill the pet once, as for the rest... For example I had managed to get shannox at 45% after 6 minutes of extremely hard fight, and here I just killed dog/killed shannox really quickly (only 2 face rages).

Edit: in fact, the bug that makes debuffs deal full damage can make things challenging - I'm getting completely destroyed by the wind council 25H, but it isn't 1-shotting, so I'm trying to come up with a strategy.

I have also been testing things since the 6.0 squish; as you mentioned lots of it is considerably easier now and not really challenging; you might considering making a twitter if you don't already have one to report the healing modifiers not working on mend pet; once in awhile they do actually listen. It was through this that we were able to finally get a response out of them about stable stacking and it's removal; although the response given was not really what we wanted and they even did mention that stable stacking was harmless in solo'ing; but removed due to PvP; and I am still actively trying to get them to compromise with us.

Important update: it seem that our dps in old raids was reduced (seemed /2 for me, checking recount). I did some tries on the wind council 25h yesterday and today, and the difference was noticeable. I also went to BWD 25H, and managed to clear, but this time Chimaeron and Nefarian were both rather challenging - I had to make several tries to adapt my strategy. Chimaeron was especially fun due to the fact that the immortality buff still requires you to be at more than 10K health, so you can't just tank on your hunter (I'll release the videos in a day if they don't remodify the numbers). But maliorak was far more easy than when I had killed him last patch.

So I guess I'll have to redo FL and BoT next week, since I consider those soloings don't count anymore.

Important update: it seem that our dps in old raids was reduced (seemed /2 for me, checking recount). I did some tries on the wind council 25h yesterday and today, and the difference was noticeable. I also went to BWD 25H, and managed to clear, but this time Chimaeron and Nefarian were both rather challenging - I had to make several tries to adapt my strategy. Chimaeron was especially fun due to the fact that the immortality buff still requires you to be at more than 10K health, so you can't just tank on your hunter (I'll release the videos in a day if they don't remodify the numbers). But maliorak was far more easy than when I had killed him last patch.

So I guess I'll have to redo FL and BoT next week, since I consider those soloings don't count anymore.

At level 100 all T13 and earlier content will be easy and I suppose that's good for mount/transmog farmers but boring challenge-wise for us. Mists content will be the new challenge based on all my beta testing. If you find any more bugs let me know and I will add it to a list I have sent to them.

Edited by Shoot

Took a little trip to dragon soul - everything went down in 25Heroic, except Ultraxion. (forgot to record zon'ozz - in short, I ignored the first ping-pong ball, sent back the second, and killed him before third).

Spine was actually a challenging soloing in my opinion since it really defended itself - I had the dps for the tendons, but the rolls and the amalgamation's debuff still one-shotted you (dispelled by dwarf racial, although I died a fair number of times because I forgot to use it/it was on CD). So it was still a fight that one-shotted you at the first mistake. Also, I couldn't heal due to the debuff/grips.

Madness of deathwing Heroic also took some work since the corrupting parasites dealt a lot of dame - something like 70% health even with deterrence.

For Ultraxion, could someone with the juggernaut healing trinket give it a try? I'm wondering how leech works: does it proc off pet attacks, or do they heal the pet, and does mend pet count as "healing done"? I know that multistrike affects them since my pet multistrikes a heal on me.

Edited by Durendil

Took a little trip to dragon soul - everything went down in 25Heroic, except Ultraxion. (forgot to record zon'ozz - in short, I ignored the first ping-pong ball, sent back the second, and killed him before third).

Spine was actually a challenging soloing in my opinion since it really defended itself - I had the dps for the tendons, but the rolls and the amalgamation's debuff still one-shotted you (dispelled by dwarf racial, although I died a fair number of times because I forgot to use it/it was on CD). So it was still a fight that one-shotted you at the first mistake. Also, I couldn't heal due to the debuff/grips.

Madness of deathwing Heroic also took some work since the corrupting parasites dealt a lot of dame - something like 70% health even with deterrence.

For Ultraxion, could someone with the juggernaut healing trinket give it a try? I'm wondering how leech works: does it proc off pet attacks, or do they heal the pet, and does mend pet count as "healing done"? I know that multistrike affects them since my pet multistrikes a heal on me.

107 Leech (1.88%) = Mythic Warforged Version; it is very unlikely it would be able to sustain you; the healing it gives is even worse than before. Also reported the bugs with Spirit Bond; Mend Pet not being affected by Animal Bond glyph. Previous to 6.0 the crystal did work off of pet attacks; currently it appears to follow the same rule and not work under pet attacks; so 25H Ultraxion will probably not be possible until WoD.

107 Leech (1.88%) = Mythic Warforged Version; it is very unlikely it would be able to sustain you; the healing it gives is even worse than before. Also reported the bugs with Spirit Bond; Mend Pet not being affected by Animal Bond glyph. Previous to 6.0 the crystal did work off of pet attacks; currently it appears to follow the same rule and not work under pet attacks; so 25H Ultraxion will probably not be possible until WoD.

Oh, you could give him a try - I got him to 50% in brainless burst mode, so I suppose that if you used the same strat as for the 10-man version, he could fall - although it would be extremely difficult (his aoe hit me for 28k/tic)

Edited by Durendil

In regards to mend pet and spirit bond etc being affected by modifiers; K8QWJcV.jpg

The bug where BW resets aggro when you use Glyph of Endless Wrath they apparently never knew about and all this time we were just dealing with it sadly it appears;

6q4We7D.jpg

Edited by Shoot

It remains an aspect of the game which they don't give a fuck. That doesn't surprise me at all.

I just had to scroll up a few post to see that Durendil had already killed Baleroc 25hc, so I've removed my post =)

Edited by Narî