Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bubdwubd

Death Knight Macros

218 posts in this topic

I am looking for a macro which casts FS on normal button (like 5) and casts DC on shift.

Unfortunately the search function doesn't find abbrevations, so I was unlucky there.

Maybe you should read up some macro basics here: Making a macro - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

The "!" prevents Rune Strike from being toggled off in case you were to hit the button twice by accident before your next auto attack landed.

Rune Strike can't be toggled off by clicking a "/cast Rune Strike" macro multiple times.

How can you make this macro work so that it will use strangulate on your current target if you aren't mousing over someone? Can you just add "/cast Strangulate" at the beginning?

If you add an empty set of brackets after the mouseover part, it will strangulate your current target assuming you dont have the mouse hovering over anything.

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [] Strangulate

#showtooltip

/castsequence [mod] reset=45 Anti-Magic Shell, Anti-Magic Zone

/castsequence [nomod] reset=10 Mind Freeze, Strangulate

/cast leap

/cast gnaw

How can you make this macro work so that it will use strangulate on your current target if you aren't mousing over someone? Can you just add "/cast Strangulate" at the beginning?

I personally use :

#showtooltip

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Strangulate; [nomod] Strangulate; [mod:shift] Mind Freeze; [mod:ctrl] Arcane Torrent;

it will strangulate the mouseover target, if there is none it will strangulate ur current target. if you hold shift it will mind freeze, and if you hold ctrl it will arcane torrent.

if you just want to for strangulate try:

#showtooltip

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Strangulate; Strangulate;

I noticed that some death knight uses this macro:

/cancelaura freezing fog

I can understand that it is a macro for DW specc but what i dont understand is what it does

and why it is useful to cancel freezing fog which is a free howling blast?

Cancelling Freezing Fog forces Howling Blast to use runes. A free Howling Blast does not generate the 15 Runic Power one would get from casting Howling Blast with runes. Using the free Howling Blast leaves you with less RP and 2 runes to use up. Since Howling Blast is on a cooldown, these leftover runes cannot be used as efficiently. An Icy Touch may be worthwhile, but an extra Plague Strike usually is not.

A used Freezing Fog proc will cause people to break from their rotations. Some people cannot or do not want to change their rotations, so they use the cancel macro to simplify their ability usage.

ahhh i understand and it will uptimize dps i guess to keep the rotation at all times.

So i guess putting /cancelaura freezing fog

into your macro will solve it.

Thx for your rather quick answer.

Shameless self plug:

Grab ReasonRime from my sig. It will '/cancelaura Freezing Fog' only if you don't have the runes to cast Howling Blast (it takes Death runes into account). This lets you get the RP from HB if you have the runes, and lets you get the free-cast if you don't.

Just an FYI, there is a very extensive list of macros for DKs on Arena Junkies, found here.

Allowing Gnaw to be a toggled pet ability makes life much easier for PvPing with good pet control, and in the odd chance you need a stun in PvE.

A macro to replace the vanilla pet attack button:

/petautocaston Claw

/petautocaston Leap

/petautocastoff Gnaw

/petattack

I consider that to be the normal state for the pet. Another macro puts him in stun-as-soon-as-you-can state, and wont spend energy on claw:

/petautocastoff Claw

/petautocaston Leap

/petautocaston Gnaw

/petattack

Just have to be sure to set him back to normal if you want him to put out any kind of DPS. I've got my pet bar arranged in such a way so that the highlights on claw and gnaw are clearly visible as pet state indicator, and it works out pretty well.

These macros aren't needed anymore since 3.0.8. Your ghoul will constantly pool up 70 energy before Clawing so it will always be able to Gnaw on command.

Here are some I use, to save space:

Runic Power Dump (Frost)

#showtooltip

/cast [mod:ctrl] Death Coil; [mod:alt,target=player] Death Coil; Frost Strike

/cast Rune Strike

Pet Control

#showtooltip

/castsequence reset=300 Raise Dead, Death Pact

Pet Control (Unholy)

#showtooltip

/cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Raise Dead

/stopmacro [nopet]

/cast [pet] Gnaw

/petautocaston Leap

/stopmacro [pet]

Strangulate

#showtooltip

/cast [mod:shift,target=focus,exists] Strangulate; Strangulate

Death and Decay

#showtooltip

/cast [equipped:Fishing Pole] Fishing; [mod:ctrl] Army of the Dead; Death and Decay

Icy Touch

#showtooltip

/startattack

/cast [mod:ctrl] Path of Frost; Icy Touch

Generic FU

#showtooltip [mod:ctrl] Death Strike; Scourge Strike

/cancelaura Hand of Protection

/startattack

/cast [mod:ctrl] Death Strike; Scourge Strike

/cast Rune Strike

Plague Strike

#showtooltip [mod:ctrl] Lichborne; [mod:alt] Death Gate; Plague Strike

/petattack

/startattack

/cast [mod:ctrl] Lichborne; [mod:alt] Death Gate; Plague Strike

Death Grip

#showtooltip

/target Power Spark

/cast [mod:ctrl,target=player] Leap; [mod:shift,target=focus,exists] Death Grip; Death Grip

Pestilence

#showtooltip

/cast [mod:shift] Blood Boil; Pestilence

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4

#showtooltip

/cast [nomodifier] Death Coil; [mod:alt,target=pet] Death Coil; [mod:shift] Death strike

Shameless self plug:

Grab ReasonRime from my sig. It will '/cancelaura Freezing Fog' only if you don't have the runes to cast Howling Blast (it takes Death runes into account). This lets you get the RP from HB if you have the runes, and lets you get the free-cast if you don't.

im not sure why , but i followed the link from your sig and put the addon in the folder.

Then i logged in and at my character sheet i could see the addon as active.

I went to a dummy and started using my rotation. I noticed that i got freezing fog and then i tried to use

some other abilities so it wouldnt use HB.

When does the addon cancel the aura?

I had to use HB to cancel the aura(aka use the free HB) or wait with not using any abilities

which will trigger freezing fog.

You dont have to activate do you? Does it only work in groups?

Use:

/script ReasonRime()

Instead of "/cancelaura Freezing Fog" in the macro. I thought the Curse page said that...I will fix it.

Is there any way to write a HB macro with Deathchill (If "Killing Machine" aura doesn't exist)?

Since deathchill is no longer consumed with KM, it's imperative to be used on a harder hitting ability like HB. I don't want a /cast deathchill macro if it's still going to be up for IT.

I know it'll be wrong, but an opening idea like:

#showtooltip Howling Blast

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

/cast [aura=KillingMachine,noexists] Deathchill

/cast Howling Blast

You can not make modifiers based on buffs or debuffs. Blizzards intent is to ensure that which spell gets cast is a choice performed by the user.

If, however, casting Deathchill does NOT invoke the global cooldown then you can always do a /cast Deathchill before the /cast Howling Blast.

You gave me a good idea.

In this case, it will still be activated by the user, but only on a modifier. It would be easier to make a macro which would cast BOTH deathchill and HB on a modifier; and without the modifier would only cast HB.

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill; [mod:shift] Howling Blast; [nomodifier] Howling Blast;

So holding shift+the keybind, deathchill will active as well as hb. If you see a km proc, you simply press the key without shift and hb will go unchanged.

You gave me a good idea.

In this case, it will still be activated by the user, but only on a modifier. It would be easier to make a macro which would cast BOTH deathchill and HB on a modifier; and without the modifier would only cast HB.

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill; [mod:shift] Howling Blast; [nomodifier] Howling Blast;

So holding shift+the keybind, deathchill will active as well as hb. If you see a km proc, you simply press the key without shift and hb will go unchanged.

can any button work as a modifier? i.e mouse 3, mouse 4, mouse 5?

Couldn't find it with the "search button", and since i suck at macros..

Is it possible to have a macro that does the following :

Did Rime proc?

If it did, cast Howling Blast

Else cast Obliterate

I'd like to replace my HB button with it, in single-target fights

Thanks in advance

Did Rime proc?

If it did, cast Howling Blast

Else cast Obliterate

I'd like to replace my HB button with it, in single-target fights

Thanks in advance

No, that is not possible. The limitations of the macro system are quite severe, even if you can get around them by using the macro logic against them sometime (using a /cast Lightning Bolt /stopcasting macro as a Enhancement Shaman in order to use up a five-stacked Maelstrom Weapon for instance).

I'm a big fan of sacrificing my little dude to appease the DPS Gods and as I've not seen anyone post one as good as mine here it is:

#showtooltip Raise Dead

/cast [modifier:shift] Death Pact

/target pet

/cast Corpse Explosion

/targetlasttarget

/script if UnitIsDead("pet") then PetDismiss(); end

/cast [nopet] Raise Dead

Assign it to a button and spam! The script section gets rid of your dead Ghoul so you can summon again immediately.

You gave me a good idea.

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

Does this actually work? From my understanding of the macro system, as soon as it finds a valid condition, it performs that part of the macro then moves to the next line. So you would want:

#showtooltip Howling blast

/cancelaura Freezing Fog

/cast [mod:shift] Deathchill;

/cast Howling Blast

if Deathchill has no GCD, this will cast it if shift is pressed then cast howling blast either way. If deathchill has a GCD (I'm unholy and have never used it, sorry) then it wouldn't cast howling blast.

Is there anyone who uses a cast sequence macro for their rotations?

And if so could we get some of those posted?

I personally suck at writing macro's so i love all the work you guys put into these!

I use a

/petpassive

/cast [target=Tharvos] Leap

macro in order to "evacuate" my pet whenever the raid has to move. But what i like to know is, whether something like this is possible somehow, or not:

/petpassive

/cast [target=Tharvos] Leap

/if Leap casted (or on cooldown) petstay

I "need" this, because sometimes the leap target is to far away from the ghoul, so he won't leap towards it and just stay where he is and die in a voidzone or flamewall because of this.

So i try to create a macro which i can spam, that recalls the pet (/petpassive) and as soon as the pet was able to leap to Mr.X he should switch into the petstay mode.

Is this somehow possible?