Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fimbo

Hunter: Useful Add-Ons/Mods

556 posts in this topic

To monitor cc'd targets I use Magic Targets. Shows an individual timer for each cc'd target with an icon to indicate what form of cc is used. Also useful for seeing which mob is currently being tanked and shows how many people in the raid are targetting each mob.

Has anyone else tried JS' Hunter Bar? What I like about this mod is that it shows the cooldowns of your signature shots and the duration of your buffs/debuffs.

pvw48978.jpg

Has anyone else tried JS' Hunter Bar? What I like about this mod is that it shows the cooldowns of your signature shots and the duration of your buffs/debuffs.

The new right click md on tank/raid frames (including options for md tells) works well too. I find it a solid raiding tool-- small but effective, intuitive, well set-up by default with everything customizable, and diligently updated by the author as needed.

You guys have any recommendations for shot priority addons? I've used FaceShooter a little bit in the past, but I vastly prefer Watcher. The animated icons sliding home are just a lot easier for my brain to process intuitively in the middle of an intense fight; I have to consciously think about reading FaceShooter. Problem is, Watcher doesn't have enough slots to model the MM shot priority. Thoughts/recommendations/ridicule?

You guys have any recommendations for shot priority addons? I've used FaceShooter a little bit in the past, but I vastly prefer Watcher. The animated icons sliding home are just a lot easier for my brain to process intuitively in the middle of an intense fight; I have to consciously think about reading FaceShooter. Problem is, Watcher doesn't have enough slots to model the MM shot priority. Thoughts/recommendations/ridicule?

How much slots do you have there? I'm used to train my rotation with 2-3 friends to bring required buffs on training dummy..

The problem with MM ist that there 3 - 4 different prio systems depending on Boss HP, termination skilled and Hasteffects.

I would suggest you use the tool to model a normal rotation (no haste, boss hp < 80%, no termination) and imagine that under hasteeffects / CA you maintain SrS with CS and else cast Aim..

1 - SrS

2 - CS

3 - AI MMM proc

4 - KS

[4.5 - RapidFire Readiness (no need to model)]

5 - SSx2 (if no ISS)

6 - ArcS (enough focus to cast CS if it comes of CD)

7 - SSx2 (maintain ISS)

8 - Arc (dump excessive focus to evade capping)

Still I'm not a fan for prio addons if it comes to such a changeable priority system as MM has.