Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mavanas

Rogue DPS Simulation Spreadsheet

768 posts in this topic

In reguards to the SD (dps/pt) row am I correct in saying this is the range above or below the dps/pt value that could change base on the RNG.

Ex.

2.04 dps/pt , .03 SE dps/pt

means that the true value for dps/pt is between (1.98 and 2.10)?

I'm trying to figure this out so I can more accurately judge the minute details of the benefits of differents stats after running EP sims.

If mean is 2.04 and standard error is 0.03, then you are 95% confident that the true value of dps per point is somewhere between 2.04 - 1.96*0.03 and 2.04 + 1.96*0.03, i.e the 95% confidence interval is (1.9812, 2.0988). Your best guess about dps per point is still the mean value of the sample, which is 2.04.

I recently noticed while perusing the spreadsheet on the AvDamage tab that the finishing moves costed levels of energy that do not reflect in game values (in the spreadsheet, a 5 Combo Point envenom costs 10 energy regardless of points in Relentless Strikes)

No that's not how it is done. The energy calculation is actually done in the combat sheet. The cost of eviscerate and envenom is recorded in the DPS Strat tab and is equal to 35. In the combat tab, each time you perform a finisher, its cost is subtracted (35 for eviscerate and envenom) and then a roll is done to determine whether you get 25 energy back or not, depending on how many points you have in relentless strikes.

The DPE calculation in Avdamage is not used in the simulation, but if you are going to use it, you should know it assumes 5/5 relentless. Since you brought it up, I will change it to reflect RS so that the DPE calculation is a bit more meaningful.

Can somebody help me (or point my nose to where I can find it) as I couldn't find any information on that in this whole thread: To what value should I bring down my Hit by adjustment in the Gear tab before running the EP calculations? Down to Yellow or poison cap?

In most cases you need to raise your hit up to the crit cap, which may be above the poison cap.

I recently changed removed my FoK glyph and added ToT glyph. After doing this the sim spreadsheet showed a 2% dps increase. I am wondering why this is? It was my understanding that only the target of ToT received a damage bonus.

Afaik, when you activate Glyph of Tricks and the option for receiving TotT is also activated, the simsheet assumes you are also receiving glyphed TotT instead of unglyphed.

Im not sure if this has been posted, but at least my 3.3f version has some incorrect item infos.

Lungbreaker Heroic: 52arp 44crit, it is 44arp 52crit

Precious's Putrid Collar Heroic: 69hit, it is 62hit

As some of you may know, I have quit WoW when I started my new job, which leaves me no time to play the game and theorycraft. Before I quit, I created a new version of the simsheet with full support for HAT. At this moment, the file is well suited for simulating your dps until major changes come out. However, I am not planning to update the file for future patches due to lack of free time. I do hope you enjoyed using the program I created, and I appologize for not being able to keep it updated.

I have spent many months programming the smallest details of logic into the file, so until the logic changes completely in Cataclysm, only very little work would be required to change for the little tweaks Blizzard might make to damage formulas. So if someone is willing to keep the file updated for minor changes, I can spend some time to explain how to update it. If not, there are very strong other options out there, like Aldriana's calcsheet, Chack's java program and even the new Rawr. If I could, I'd keep the file being updated because I believe it brought unique programming approach to rogue theorycrafting and modeled many unconventional details of a rogue fight, such as target switching, HAT spec, shadowstep, and most importantly great flexibility in choosing your exact DPS strategy.

I hope you all enjoy rogue-playing as much as I did. If you want to ask me a question, feel free to pm me on the forums, I will gladly answer your questions as time permits.

Latest file version: Simsheet 3.3.3.

First post on this splendid site, although I’ve been an eager follower of this site for what feels like several years now. I felt the immediate urge to thank you, Mavanas for great work and and support through the years. You theory crafters are one of the reasons I love to play the rogue class. Thanks for a great spread sheet and good luck with your new job.

First post on this splendid site, although I’ve been an eager follower of this site for what feels like several years now. I felt the immediate urge to thank you, Mavanas for great work and and support through the years. You theory crafters are one of the reasons I love to play the rogue class. Thanks for a great spread sheet and good luck with your new job.

Seconding this. Only until very recently I've started using Aldriana's spreadsheet besides yours but until then it's served me and many others I'm sure, so indeed - thanks are very much in order.

Maybe someone is capable of taking up your work? I do hope so.

I recently changed removed my FoK glyph and added ToT glyph. After doing this the sim spreadsheet showed a 2% dps increase. I am wondering why this is? It was my understanding that only the target of ToT received a damage bonus.

If you have 2 piece T10 bonus then you recive 15 energy when cast so it increases damage that way

The sheet assumes that TotT is cast on you as well at the same time you cast it. 2 set T10 makes no difference when changing glyphs.

In the 3.3.3a version of the Simsheet, that buff can be Toggled On or Off in the 'Special' section of the Inputs tab.

The two relevant settinga are 'Use ToTT on every cooldown' and 'Assume ToTT is cast on player same time.'

I'm getting an error for the link to the 3.3.3 version. Is that still the correct download location?

The link still works. There has been over 8k downloads of the latest version, with the last one done today. As far as I know, there have been no changes to the game that would change the validity of the file so far. But feel free to correct me if I missed a release of some hot-fixes or new items.

I am still occasionally keeping an eye on the game and will probably add the 3.3.5 loot when it is finalized.