Thaeryn

Ret FCFS Rotation Helper

1033 posts in this topic

Which is precisely why I specified 25 mans... In 10 mans, 5 mans, I'd probably want to prioritize DP, but without seeing the true state of mana return when the realms go live it's tough to say whether it'll be necessary or not. 70% DP return might be more than enough to keep going in all but the longer fights.

If you don't mind, maybe just have it say "Extra GCD" when there's time for one, allowing the player to decide what to do with it, whether it be an AoW FoL, SS or DP etc.

I might be wrong, but I thought AW FoL resets swing timer?

They fixed that this patch.

Just a suggestion - just increase the priority list 2 slots and let people throw DP and SS in where desired (hopefully the last two priorities in either combination). Then a setting for when to care about SS (you don't want to be told to refresh it 5 seconds after you just refreshed it) - i.e. buff must be under X seconds. That once again takes the intelligence out of the mod (having it determine which and when to use DP and SS) and leaves it nice and simple as you already have it designed.

Thanks so much for the mod its really excellent. I was wondering if this mod realizes that with cons glyph (which a high% of us have) the cooldown is 8 seconds but the spell lasts 10 seconds. Is this mod having us cast cons when we should be using say exo because it doesnt know cons is still up?

edit: whoops disregard, thanks for the hard work again.

Glyph of Consecration increases both the duration and the CD by 2 seconds, so it lasts 10 seconds, and has a 10 second CD (instead of 8/8).

Hi there!

I am currently playing around with this new GCGS rotation, and I think it's great! I was just wondering:

When I use this prioritylist: CS > HoW > Judge > DS > Conc > Exorcism > HW

, I will some times have to use my Exorcism, when there is 0,5 sec CD left on CS. This will trigger the GCD, so I have to wait 1,5 second for CS (which is the first priority), because I used Exorcism (which is the sixth priority) 0,5 sec too early.

So for you theorycrafters out there. Is this a part of the GCGS-rotation, or will there be situations, where you will have to wait for the first priority?

- Protovic

I will some times have to use my Exorcism, when there is 0,5 sec CD left on CS. This will trigger the GCD, so I have to wait 1,5 second for CS (which is the first priority), because I used Exorcism (which is the sixth priority) 0,5 sec too early.

Hit Exo, the best way to do top dps is to always to be using some ability. The only time when you should wait to cast an ability is if you are low on mana so need to use Judgement over other attacks.

I'm getting some reports of the addon no longer working. The icons show the correct priority, but once you enter combat, they just flash and disappear. I haven't had a chance to test this just yet, but was wondering if the addon IS working for anyone since the patch. Thanks.

I've noticed that once you get into combat, the icons disappear when they switch. They'll come back if you wait, but it's not working like it used too.

I was practicing on a target dummy on Wed and did not have any issues with the combat icons disappearing.

I tried using the addon last night, and it worked fine until everything went on CD, after that icons would disappear only to re appear when something wasn't on CD..... Basically making the mod imo useless until it gets fixed.

I tried using the addon last night, and it worked fine until everything went on CD, after that icons would disappear only to re appear when something wasn't on CD..... Basically making the mod imo useless until it gets fixed.

Um... what you describe to me sounds a lot like the way it's supposed to work. It will only recommend an ability if it's off of cooldown. If all your abilities are on cooldown, it won't recommend one and you are free to use that global for something like AoW healing, Divine Plea, or Sacred Shield.

For everyone else... I've looked into it a little bit and realized that I added a talent check for having more than 50 points in Ret in order to show the mod. It's not functioning as well as I'd like it (flashes the mod when you change targets while not Ret spec'd), but that could be related to the problem some people are reporting. For those of you that are having the problem, which of your spec's is currently set to ret?

The test I'm doing has the primary spec as ret and the secondary as prot. Everything but the flashing while prot spec seems to be working fine.

Thanks a lot for the addon :)

I modified it slightly to have a seventh slot for an additional ability (in my case divine plea).

But there isn't really sooo many gc left to use it, so it's not displayed that often really ;)

I'm also trying to make it show a FoL symbol when I have the Art of War Buff up, but that's not currently working.

Would greatly appreciate any help you can provide me with (via PM or so).

Keep up the good work

PS: You should maybe factor in that some rets use JoL rather than JoW nowadays

Found the bug. The addon checks for talent points spent in the ret tree, and only checks the 1st talent spec from the looks of it. I just changed it to check if the player knew the Crusader Strike ability and expanded the check so that the icon's wouldn't flash in and out on a target change while not spec'd ret.

Omniro: JoL vs JoW is just a cosmetic difference as far the addon goes. They share a cooldown, and the JoW icon is only that... an icon. Adding the option to select it, or the ability to detect which is being used, would be a whole lot of work to change the color of the icon. ;)

Adding a new frame for the Art of War buff is a pretty good idea. Personally, I would use Power Auras for that. It's functionality is a lot better... and it's a lot prettier. I'll PM you some info regarding adding the frame if you're still interested in it though.

Maybe because they changed the API:

Talent Functions

The 3.1 spec switching code introduces 'talent groups' which are sets of talents and glyphs. These are numbered starting at 1.

* NEW - numGroups = GetNumTalentGroups(isInspect, isPet) -- Gets how many talent groups are available

* NEW - groupIndex = GetActiveTalentGroup(isInspect ,isPet) -- Get the groupIndex of the active talent group.

* NEW - SetActiveTalentGroup(groupIndex) -- Set which talent group is active.

The following existing API's have changed to provide talent group and talent preview support:

* UPDATED - link = GetGlyphLink(index [,talentGroup])

* UPDATED - enabled, glyphType, glyphSpell, iconFilename = GetGlyphSocketInfo(index [,talentGroup])

* UPDATED - name, icon, pointsSpent, background, previewPointsSpent = GetTalentTabInfo(tabIndex, isInspect, isPet [,groupIndex])

* UPDATED - name, iconTexture, tier, column, rank, maxRank, isExceptional, meetsPrereq, previewRank, meetsPreviewPrereq = GetTalentInfo(tabIndex, talentIndex, isInspect, isPet [,groupIndex])

* UPDATED - tier, column, isLearnable, isPreviewLearnable, ... = GetTalentPrereqs(tabIndex, talentIndex, isInspect, isPet [,groupIndex])

* UPDATED - link = GetTalentLink(tabIndex, talentIndex, isInspect, isPet [,groupIndex [,isPreview]])

These new API's support preview talent management, when groupIndex is not specified it defaults to the active group:

* NEW - AddPreviewTalentPoints(tabIndex, talentIndex, points, isPet [,groupIndex]]) -- Add preview points to a talent

* NEW - points = GetGroupPreviewTalentPointsSpent(tabIndex, isPet [,groupIndex]) -- Gets the number of points spent in a tab

* NEW - points = GetPreviewTalentPointsSpent(tabIndex, isPet [,groupIndex]) -- Gets the number of points spent overall

* NEW - points = GetUnspentTalentPoints(isInspect, isPet [,groupIndex]) -- Gets the remaining points

* NEW - LearnPreviewTalents(isPet) -- Learns the preview talents for the active talent group

* NEW - ResetGroupPreviewTalentPoints(isPet [,groupIndex]) -- Resets all preview talent points

* NEW - ResetPreviewTalentPoints(tabIndex, isPet [,groupIndex]) -- Resets a table's preview talent points

I think the current version (or the one you have) has some problems with recognizing your spec correctly.

Not sure if its a violation in here but thank you for your work on this mod, appreciate it very much, i dont use it exclusively but it gives me the visual cues in my vision so i always know whats off cooldown and what to use.

Thanks

If all your abilities are on cooldown, it won't recommend one and you are free to use that global for something like AoW healing, Divine Plea, or Sacred Shield.

- Was thinking maybe add an options to check this on/off.. So basically it would show the next dps ability that comes available in right priority, instead of nothing... due to the fact that you can already see the cooldown of the abilities people would be able to see that they can manage to pop a DP before it becomes ready etc... I know I would prefer this option over the current... In the current one it feels as if the ability comes as a shock, because it only shows when its actually ready making me waste minor-yet-precious time :)..

I'm not sure if this is only me experiencing it, or im bugged, or the addon is supposed to work like this... But sometimes it is like the addon is confused as to which ability is the best to use: sometimes an ability, say Judgement, show up as next, a second later it dissappears leaving no ability next, and then returns as DS... Sometimes the ability also just switches straight to another ability.. The jumping around of the abilities makes it very confusing to watch :)

Please don't misinterpret my comments as demeaning you're addon, I think it's great and I'm just trying to be constructive :)

Helpful tool, but most of the time it dosen't take in account the global CD when suggesting an ability, or it would suggest it when its still not off cd, and another ability is.

It should factor in global cooldowns (according to code). Maybe you could specify in what situations it recommends what ability instead of what other ability?

It could even be that it doen't factor in haste for the spell-gcds (e.g. exo and conc).

@SwordSa1nt - It should take into account your actual global cooldown. I had previously just used a 1.5 second timer and it caused the predictions to jump around really badly as higher priority abilities came off of cooldown. As of right now, it simply pulls the global cooldown off of your Retribution Aura. If your GCD is hasted, that will show up as well.

@Gergon - Make sure you've updated to the newest version. If you're using an older version that didn't take into account the actual GCD, you could definitely be having a few of those problems. Also, abilities shouldn't pop in as soon as they are available again. You should get some warning as they are coming off of cooldown, at least 1.5 seconds I believe, so if it's blank, you have time to use anything else you may need. If a high priority ability comes off of cooldown, it will replace your current icon with that one, which can sometimes throw you off a little bit. If you hit the ability that was previously recommended, then you are doing it right. If you were doing something else (AoW heal, DP, Salv, SS) then you want to use the new ability that's now showing up. Basically, hit whatever button it shows, and if it happens to change, change the button you're hitting. The logic behind it matches what has been proven in the retribution thread already. You want to try to keep that GCD constantly spinning... don't wait for another ability.

Used this last night during our continuation on Mimiron. Invaluable tool. Let me keep an eye on my character instead of looking at bars waiting for abilities to come off cooldown.

I did notice that it would occasionally "go off", but like has been said above, I assumed that it just meant everything was on CD.

Being able to add in AoW or Sacred Shield as the lowest priority would be nice, but not totally necessary. I've just macro'd my Sacred Shield to spam whisper me when there's 10 seconds remaining... keeps it from every going down. Of course, when things get dicey and I spam the button to make sure it's up, then I get a ridiculous amount of whispers. Other than that, I've been very impressed with the mod so far.