Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artemas

Feral Tanking Discussion

959 posts in this topic

If the spirits are too high above the ground when they get to the raid, it means your raid is not far enough away from where they spawned, simple as that. Having the MT kite him from one edge of the platform (let's say west) to the other side (east) is the easiest way to guarantee that they'll be down far enough. If the LK starts spawning spirits in the middle of his room/platform, then things will definately get a bit tricky.. MUCH better to have him on one of the edges.

I have had positive results jumping, sometimes you just need that extra bit to get them. I recommend trying it. Another option if you are having issues getting spirits low is to do a bit of a kite, but the group must remain together, so it's much riskier and prone to error.

Just before Arthas goes into the transition for Frostmourn's room, have the MT drag him near the center of the room with his (the tank's) back away from the raid. The raid should be near one edge. When you come out of Frostmourn's room, have the MT drag Arthas to the edge, opposite the raid. This gives you the entire platform of room between tank and raid. Hunters should be dropping traps right in the middle. When Arthas starts casting spirits, the MT can run to the other side, forcing Arthas across the middle to activate the traps, and leaving the spirits far away. With a druid as the MT, you can shift to cat form and make the distance across quickly.

I have a question regarding bear rotation (apologies if it is a little late in the cycle, Cata out soon and all) ...

According to the Druid Simple Questions/Simple Answers (http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t89174-druid_simple_questions_simple_answers_now_faq/#post1530139) the tanking rotation is noted as such ::

Q: What is the best single target threat rotation?

A: Mangle when off cooldown, Faerie Fire when off cooldown, maintain a 5 stack of Lacerate, Swipe otherwise. Maul should be use always because it does not trigger the global cooldown.

However I was told by a druid tank on my server not to use FF every cooldown as it is better to use mangle -> lacerate [5 stack] -> swipe.

I decided to investigate a little further to see if this was true and I saw a few posts throughout this thread that people only use FF at the start of the fight and refresh it if necessary, however I haven't been able to find any generally accepted answer either way. Has this changed recently? or is the above rotation still generally the best?

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great. I am talking about single target tanking here.

Cheers.

However I was told by a druid tank on my server not to use FF every cooldown as it is better to use mangle -> lacerate [5 stack] -> swipe.

I decided to investigate a little further to see if this was true and I saw a few posts throughout this thread that people only use FF at the start of the fight and refresh it if necessary, however I haven't been able to find any generally accepted answer either way. Has this changed recently? or is the above rotation still generally the best?

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great. I am talking about single target tanking here.

Cheers.

You can easily find out for yourself. Open KTM, go against a mob with sufficient health, check how much threat a single mangle, a single swipe, a single lacerate, a single FFF give you. Careful not to have autoattacks ruin your results.

(hint: FFF is good. It's second only to Mangle)

The last few posts (now gone), which amount to "what mods do I use so I can see debuffs" is not really something that should appear in this thread. Additionally, given that the original post was infracted, I recommend initiating/continuing this discussion in the UI and Addons forum as there is nothing here that specifically pertains to feral tanking.

I have read the post since release of RS and have not seen any mention of the Petrified Twilight Scale for ICC tanking. With my specific trinkets it would be replacing the Black Heart. Any thoughts on the benefit of the up time of the 7kish armor opposed to the static 2282?

I have read the post since release of RS and have not seen any mention of the Petrified Twilight Scale for ICC tanking. With my specific trinkets it would be replacing the Black Heart. Any thoughts on the benefit of the up time of the 7kish armor opposed to the static 2282?

Petrified Twilight Scale is much better than The Black Heart. The stamina is eclipsed by the armor bonus, and the dodge proc at <35% HP should be taken into account as well. Petrified Twilight Scale is far superior in terms of TTL.

Closing this. Most of the thread is not patch relevant. Please use the appropriately labeled thread.