Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivkah

Hunter DPS Analyzer

834 posts in this topic

Do you have any plans to add shareable setups? This could be used to globally share the current BIS setups as well as between members (with permission from creator of the setup of course).

Do you have any plans to add shareable setups? This could be used to globally share the current BIS setups as well as between members (with permission from creator of the setup of course).

There is already a public settings option, but I do also plan to create a method for giving out links to settings that aren't flagged for display on the public settings page as I'm sure that's going to get unwieldy pretty quickly. Should be up in a day or two.

Hi Rivkah.

Thanks for your nice work.

However the Import from Armory feature is not working for me. I always get the same error message : Couldn't retrieve primary talent info for Markam on Chants éternels.

Still I can check my talents on the Armory.

Could this be due to the fact that I have a secondary spec that is still empty?

I am getting the same error from armory import as Markam, "Couldn't retrieve primary talent info for Nandei on Moonglade". I would think this is due to the change in the armory talent page: EU Armory now matches US Armory as far as I can tell, the pet talents are included and the glyphs have been moved to the right side of the page instead of the bottom.

Would it be possible to insert armory link on profiles loaded from the Public Settings list?

I for one would love to take a bit closer look on characters that have higher dps in the

Public Settings list.

Got same problem as Markam and Nandei, armory import is not working. I also noticed that for some unknown reason i cant enable "Trueshot Aura/Abomination's Might/Unleashed Rage (10% AP)" . It stays grayed all the time, even if i disable all other buffs/debuffs.

You can't enable TSA because it's assumed on by default due to your spec (unless the armory is lying), just like I can't change the draenei hit aura

I know that MM hunters can and sometimes do go OOM and that Intellect increases mana and also Attack Power...but are you certain that intellect should be as valuable a stat as the analysis seems to indicate? Fully raid buffed agility is the only stat that point for point outscales it on my current setup.

The EU armory import should be fixed again- looks like they made a minor tweak but it wasn't hard to fix.

With regards to int Tornn, are you getting a viper penalty? If so, that's probably what's throwing off the value of int. If you save your settings I can take a look to see if something's wrong, but the stat calculations are a pretty simple recalculation based on the new value (I think I'm testing 50 int then scaling it down) so you should be able to reproduce the same value by putting an extra 50 int in under custom gear and seeing if you get similar results.

With regards to the TSA thing, I will probably fix it in a future version to allow people to select it even if it is in your talents because it seems to be causing too much confusion for people.

Im getting strange int values too. And agi and arp seems undervalued

Combined: 	3798.46 	100.00%

Hunter: 	        3389.99 	89.25%

Pet: 	              408.47 	10.75%

Viper Loss:  	-259.96 	-6.84%

Stat 	DPS 	Per Budget

Agility + 1 	0.845 	0.845

AP + 1 	0.382 	0.764

Crit + 1 	0.78  	0.78

Hit + 1  	1.068 	1.068

Int + 1 	0.831 	0.831

ArP + 1 	0.707 	0.707

Haste + 1 	0.373 	0.373

Stamina + 1 	0 	0

Mp5 + 1 	0.630 	0.252

edit: my bad just forgot to activate debuffs and buffs :)

Looks promising, thanks for your work!

Would it be possible to place the DPS Update section in a separate frame so that it's always available & seen (maybe just putting it at the very top would work wityhut the need for a frame)? Additionally, would it be possible to rearrange the cascades into multiple columns so that more of the content fits on pne page?

Unchecking "Use Averaging of Abilities Over Time" gives a lot of division by 0 warnings upon calculating DPS.

I've fixed the averaging abiities over time errors. I've also added the ability to filter the load settings to only load certain sections so you can more easily mix and match from different settings. At the moment it only applies to your personal settings but I'll eventually set it up to work with the public settings.

Hadelle I'm not sure what you mean by cascades? If you're talking about the dps output, I've moved things around a bit to fit more in, although it still needs work.

I've noticed that when changing the rotation test, switching the order of aimed/arcane to be exact, it isn't affecting my dps. When surely, changing the order in one case results in a large increase in the number of steady shots replaced by arcanes. Along with allowing more of the ISS procs to affect chimera when it goes aimed > arcane.

The current implementation of the web interface is based off the shot rotation tab in Shandara's spreadsheet. It really just figures out the number of GCDs available and since it's unlikely that you're going to run out of GCD from anything except steady shot, you end up with the same number of each type of shot regardless of priority as long as they come before steady shot. So the dps you get should come out similarly to Shandara's sheet if you use shot rotation and not rotation test, but it's less accurate than actually simulating all the shots and applying all the procs to them (Simulationcraft is really best at such things).

I hope to eventually implement the rotation test, which is a bit smarter, but will require a lot more processing on the server side and I can't actually use it myself in the spreadsheet due to the lack of Windows Excel, so testing is going to be problematic.

great tool Rivkah, good job.

possible bug: both my hunters specs are MM, on the dps calculation, there's no option for 0% sniper training uptime, it defaults to 1%.

other than that, im getting almost spot-on numbers compared to the spreadsheet.

possible bug: both my hunters specs are MM, on the dps calculation, there's no option for 0% sniper training uptime, it defaults to 1%.

Sniper training uptime is ignored unless you have the talent, so it shouldn't cause a problem, I should clarify that on the settings page.

I would like to know if there's any way that you can add Latin servers for armory

PM me an armory link for a hunter on your servers (and if you can a link to a list of server names) and I'll see if it's difficult to do.

Cosmetic request: for the gear selector, it it possible to add an option to sort gear by item level descending then alpha and/or an item level prefix in each entry (IE "232: Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned")? That would make it easier to compare gear based on equivalent item level instead of having to go through other lists/websites or check each item individually to figure out where everything fits.

This is amazing.

Thank you very much for this.

Unfortunately, when I have multiple pets with the same name, it will pick the first one in the Armory drop down list.

Unfortunately, when I have multiple pets with the same name, it will pick the first one in the Armory drop down list.

I've added a workaround to deal with this problem. If you add (family name) or (match number) to the pet name now it will get the correct one. For example if you did Pussie (Wolf) it'd get your wolf, Pussie (3) would get your cat. I've added a note to the FAQ so people know about the option. It's not really the best user interface wise, and I may add something to the form eventually so that people don't have to know about the trick, but for now it should be better than nothing.

Everything is fine with the EU armory now, thank you!

But I noticed something. When I change a piece of stuff (for example socketed gloves versus gloves without socket) causing my metagem to be non activated, it still appears as activated.

The requirements do not update in this case.

When I change a piece of stuff (for example socketed gloves versus gloves without socket) causing my metagem to be non activated, it still appears as activated.

The requirements do not update in this case.

Thank you for the bug report, I tracked down the poblem and it should be fixed now. Let me know if you notice any more issues.

Wolves are unique as they are the only pet to apply a buff to the hunter with their special. Furious Howl effectively gives the hunter 320 attack power with a 50% uptime, and then (correct me if i'm wrong) a portion of that going back to the wolf as well as the flat 320. In exchange, the wolf does not have more damaging (second) focus ability and only spams bite.

Add TSA/Unleashed Rage/Abom. Might and you're getting another 32 ap out of the buff. Basically, furious howl is just that good.