Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seytn

Shattered Hand, Stormreaver, Warsong --> Korgath

25 posts in this topic

PvP realm Korgath - Deadline: Thursday, June 15 at 3:00 PM PDT

Players on these 3 realms will have the opportunity to transfer to the PvP realm Korgath:

Shattered Hand > Korgath

Stormreaver > Korgath

Warsong > Korgath

Since asking in realm forums is like getting yourself shot in the face, i would like to know if any of the other top end guilds from these select servers are debating on going or without a doubt are going.

Insomniacs is seriously thinking about it, the progression on this server(Korgoth) is a touch slow though and without much competition I fear that may be the doom of us. We would probably never see a World Wide top 50 again without some motivation, for those of you who arent familiar with Warsong though, its basically one of the Most Competitive PvP servers around, there are HWL groups consisting from several timezones and different Russian/Brazil/English speaking guilds.

We always have 1 Alterac valley and 3 of Each other PvP battle grounds up, almost throughout the day regardless of time.

I fear the consequenses of moving into a ghost town though.

I'd try to get Midnight to go if other guilds were transfering over. But odds are against it.

For what it's worth, I can remember precisely one successful raid guild surviving a transfer, and quite a few have been killed by it. The problem with the new servers is that they lack a base from which to draw upon - everyone's already in a guild or sucked so horribly they rerolled on a new server with a bunch of big dogs in the hopes of being picked up. There's less interesting stuff going on because there's no competition, the economy is dead, and in general the server just sucks.

Maybe someone can give you a counterexample, but my personal thought is that transferring is a bad idea.

For what it's worth, I can remember precisely one successful raid guild surviving a transfer, and quite a few have been killed by it. The problem with the new servers is that they lack a base from which to draw upon - everyone's already in a guild or sucked so horribly they rerolled on a new server with a bunch of big dogs in the hopes of being picked up. There's less interesting stuff going on because there's no competition, the economy is dead, and in general the server just sucks.

Maybe someone can give you a counterexample, but my personal thought is that transferring is a bad idea.

Warsong has no base from which to draw upon either, almost 2/3rds of the server is non English due to the Russian and Brazillian gaming communities both independently choosing the last place alphabetical PvP server on launch day as their unofficial community server.

I wouldn't really expect people to leave Shattered Hand or Stormreaver, but Warsong is a different story entirely.

The problem with the new servers is that they lack a base from which to draw upon - everyone's already in a guild or sucked so horribly they rerolled on a new server with a bunch of big dogs in the hopes of being picked up. There's less interesting stuff going on because there's no competition, the economy is dead, and in general the server just sucks.

I have seen this as well in server transfers.

Although, if a few other guilds agree to transfer, then at least you have some competition and other people to help form an economy.

It doesn't appear that any notable guilds are going to be leaving Shattered Hand, but only time can really tell.

I moved my alt from Deathwing to Malorne and this pretty much hits the nail on the head. It is atrocious. PUGs are awful because there either are none at all, or the ones that are there are filled with rejects who couldn't make it on their own server. I highly reccomend against it.

A lot of guilds survived the Sargeras -> Detheroc transfer, I think 100% of the raid guilds that went with it are still in existance, most notably IO. Not sure if that's who you were thinking about.

Having transfered off of Warsong, to Gurubashi back in early October, I have to say that I'm not sure our guild would have done as well as we have, had we stayed on Warsong. Our guild actually PvPs a lot more now, than it did on Warsong, though that's probably due to lack of queues for Alliance here. I don't think theres anyone currently in our guild right now that regrets transfering.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Gurubashi was a dying server until the Warsong transfers. Even though at the time, the server had progressed that far pve wise due to having a late start, I think transfering has gave the other guilds some motivation to progress more, and they have for the most part, progressed faster I feel, than had we not been there.

When we did transfer, there were a few people left behind, but since moving, the pool of recruits, seems much greater on Gurubashi then it ever did on Warsong, even though it has a much smaller population. As far as competition/motivation for pve progress, we still keep in touch with a few guilds on Warsong, so it is still there for us at least.

Relentless stays. Our server is shit, but there's too many risks/uncertainties involved in transferring. We considered transfers the first time they came around (way back -- Bloodsclap) and it was definitely a good thing we decided against it.

A lot of guilds survived the Sargeras -> Detheroc transfer, I think 100% of the raid guilds that went with it are still in existance, most notably IO. Not sure if that's who you were thinking about.

I was thinking Nurfed Archimonde -> Dethecus personally.

Nurfed, FoH? There's at least two that (as far as I know) are doing well post-transfer.

Don't forget Vis Maior.

That was a long time ago, and they had just moved from an entire other game, I don't think moving from one server to another was really going to have much impact.

I think Sunder's still doing all right on Khaz Modan. Not sure, I don't play there, just have some friends that do.

Didn't FoH do Hyjal -> Black Dragonflight?

Well, I forgot about FoH when I wrote that. :P I was thinking of Nurfed, but the IO example is I guess another example of survival.

Wodin is referring to transfers to new servers, not transfers to exisiting ones. Nurfed, FoH, etc., are examples of transfers to existing servers that already had communities and players. Is Korgath new or pre-existing? If its new, I wouldn't even consider it for the reasons Wodin listed. If its pre-existing, where are its guilds progression wise? Transferring to an exisiting server can work out just fine. Reign (a guild from Gorgonnash server) transferred to Gorgonnash from Arthas, and are doing just fine. They have, however, lost people here and there, and without a pool of server natives to draw recruits from it might not have gone so well.

Edit: Oh, I guess he wasn't. Regardless, transferring to an existing server and transferring to a new one are two very different things.

In terms of successful transfers to fresh servers, I'd say the Archimonde, Burning Legion, Bleeding Hollow, Burning Blade, Azgalor and Skullcrusher to Mug'thol was extremely successful. We decided to leave Archimonde on our third opportunity to transfer, mainly because the entire server was transfering as well. Archimonde as it once was effectively died after the last set of transfers.

The major reason the move was successful is due to the sheer amount of servers eligible to transfer. A large pool of good guilds and players transfered, which makes Mug'thol a pretty competitive server for both PvE and PvP.

It was pretty funny to play on a server for a good 3-4 weeks without any farmers at all. With the ability to start new characters turned off, no farmers could roll new characters there :P

I am from Korgath.

Korgath was born a transfer server; for a week only denizens from Tichondrius and Kil'jaeden could transfer, and character creation was disabled completely until transfers were complete. None of the major guilds from KJ transferred; I'm not sure if any from Tich did. There are maybe three raid guilds Horde-side and maybe two Alliance-side; of those five, maybe two are Nefarian-capable. Maybe not even that. We're a tad behind the times PvE-wise. The PvP here is horrible; there's the usual gankers in Cenarion Hold, and every so often we get a visit from some Alliance in Orgrimmar, but battlegrounds are few and far between. Even Blackrock Mountain is devoid of activity. There's the odd skirmish, but otherwise Korgath is a wasteland.

I'd welcome transfers onto this rock. Up until a few weeks ago our server was listed as Full, despite the fact our population is one of the lowest in the US. Now that we're listed Low I'm starting to see fresh new players in the newbie zones, but it will be some time before they "come of age" (so to speak).

So come one, come all, I say.

I hate how stuff like this puts me in predicaments.

We have just reformatted our guild so to speak, i totally routed all the officers who were doing nothing, taking a more pro-active approach, recruited several new players 10ish in total would be my guess, they really dont have loyalty to the guild at the moment and we get an oppurtunity which 2 months ago would have been heavenly.

Now if we leave we probably lose 25-40% of the guild, because they arent die hard Insomniacs yet.

I think with some coordination this could turn into a super server of sorts, lots of strong guilds from the 3 servers who are mentioned, with a decent chunk say 8? Managed to transfer it could be one of the most fun servers in wow, hardly any chinese farmers at the moment i would imagine, there isnt alot of lowbies though, it could be a hardcore PvP raiding server, but it would really hard mining up new recruits to fill holes.

I would love more peoples opinions on the entire aspect if you wouldnt mind.

Nurfed, FoH, etc., are examples of transfers to existing servers that already had communities and players. .

Actually the server FoH moved to (Black Dragonflight) was a brand new server. But it was a pvp server that people from pve servers could move from, so it could have been a special case.

Hey Setyn, I saw your post on Korgath's forums, and that may have tipped the scales for me personally. I'm an officer in Council of Tirisfal and we've been seriously considering this switch for a while. I think we are in the same boat as you, we have a number of inactives that could use booting, we have a hardcore set of players that will most likely decide to remain with us. All told we were estimating losing somewhere between 1/4 (likely) to 1/2 (very unlikely) of our players during a transfer.

As I'm sure you are aware, we haven't focused too heavily on PvP, and our PvE could use a little motivation (working on Emps at the moment - though with our initial progress we were hoping to be around a month into C'thun). From the Alliance PoV, Warsong could be better for PvP BGs. While there are usually several AB and WSG games up, we typically have 15-25 minute queues on the weekends, and getting into AV is .... aggrevating. Our hope is to convince our PvP-centric players that there will be BGs.

I'm also hoping for a super-server effect. We're trying to convince several other guilds that we're affiliated with that this switch might make sense, and we surely wouldn't mind if you could somehow convince DP or Manic to switch too :) There is definitely the possibility that this server could do quite well if several Horde and a couple Alliance guilds from SH and Stormreaver transfer as well.

So to ramble a bit, to summarize, our basic checklist of concerns was:

- Retaining core members of PvE - it's inevitable that someone is going to be on vacation and miss this transfer

- Recruitment Pool for PvE

- Lag issues, differences

- Queue (thank god, no more queue)

- PvP in general (world, etc)

- BG queues <---our ideal would be a 1:1 A to H activity ratio

- Economy - not as huge of a concern

- Intra-guild competitiveness in PvE - it's easier to motivate everyone if there is friendly competition, it's annoying to have to put up with the opposite

Most of these we hope will work in our favor with a transfer. We also are ridding ourselves of the people who are less tied to our guild and hanging about for free loot, which is always a positive.

Don't know if that helps, just letting you know, see you on Korgath hopefully!

I do know that the guilds that transferred from sargeras all got hurt by it. Only a few that transfered actually fell apart but I know many that are basically recruiting all the time and the quality of the recruits seems to be at a much lower lvl than it was on sargeras. Now the transfer for sargeras was to a newer server but it already had an established lv 60 base that was trying out MC. I think the issue comes down to for most that the lack of competitiveness and also the lack of feeder guilds. This could be different with a server that is getting guilds from multiple servers but I have not heard anything other than server stability being a plus with the change.