Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dojke

Demoralizing shout et al.

33 posts in this topic

Sorry to reply to a long-dead thread, but I have to ask, since I havent been able to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Is hateful strike's damage reduced by demoralizing shout?

Given that it is a melee attack, and similar attacks such as unbalancing strike and mortal strike are also reduced by it, I would assume it would be. However, in reading a TON of discussion, I've never seen it brought up once. Seems like improved demo would be extremely useful for this fight if so.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

It's not affected, I'm sure it's been said many times in patchwerk threads on this forum already.

Regardless, you should be trying to keep it up anyway, he still does an asston of melee damage.

While this thread is still alive: has anyone in beta done tests against lvl 70/73 mobs to see how much effect each point of AP has at those levels?

Will be interesting to know.

I remember first being amazed when two identically geared and specced tanks tanks Twin Emps, one using Demo on Vek'nilash whenever possible, and the other not, and the latter was taking easily 25% more damage total.

Late comer to this thread, hope you'll tolerate this small derailment. Is there a trick to using Demo Shout on the Emperor without aggro'ing the neutral bugs around?

Wait until they are far enough away.

Or aggro them on purpose and clear the area around the twin before using demo shout.

I like tanking the Emps with my back against the wall right below the stairs where you enter the room. There is less bugs than directly under the torch. Normally I can Demoshout all fight long without worrying about bugs at all. Make sure you coordinate that with your healers before the pull.

But really maybe you should have dug up an old threat about the twins instead of asking in this one.

Late comer to this thread, hope you'll tolerate this small derailment. Is there a trick to using Demo Shout on the Emperor without aggro'ing the neutral bugs around?

I can keep it up reliably just by going where the bugs aren't - if there's one bug on one side of nilash, move to his other side and shout. just get a good feel for the range of demo shout and stand against the wall when you have to, it's not like standing on top of the tank is going hurt you and there are no bugs behind the wall

at this point, though, I don't bother and just DPS since our tanks are geared enough that the extra melee damage is a non issue