Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamlet

Moonkin TTT Article pre-publish draft

59 posts in this topic

1) I want to claim all the responsibility for the addon, I'm the author (of the addon). The author of the macro which the addon is based in is Hamlet, I don't want to take the credit for it

2) 4shared.com is an average site for storage online, I could have used Megaupload instead, but I prefer 4shared because you can maintain the link and change the files.

3) I've updated it, adding and removing stuff, but the core remains the same, all the changes are in the changelog in readme.txt or in the WiseEclipse.lua

4) I haven't uploaded it to Curse (I tried) because I found it very confusing... It's the very first addon I've created and I have no experience in uploading addons. I'd say that I didn't try harder because I wasn't thrilled with Blizzard finding out.

5) I use .rar because it's a neaty way to store the files... not having the .lua in one link, the .toc in other... (I also thougth it was widely known)

6) As I've said before, If you want me to explain any part of the code, I'd be pleased to do so.

EDIT: Well, I wanted to emphasize that if you have some question of the addon, I'm here to show the face for it, I don't want you to think I don't apreciate the effort you made supporting my addon in the previous posts, but I think it's my responsibility, also, I don't want people to think the macro is mine, the macro is Hamlet's, as it shows in the author's note inside the addon. (I only automatized the macro and added a Hero/BL support)

Adoriele) I must apologize, I wrote this post very fast and I may have not chosen the best words to explain what I wanted to.

1) I want to claim all the responsibility for the addon, I'm the author, period.

4) I haven't uploaded it to Curse (I tried) because I found it very confusing... It's the very first addon I've created and I have no experience in uploadig addons. I'd say that I didn't try harder because I wasn't thrilled with Blizzard finding out.

Sorry about that, my bad. I remember Hamlet coming up with a macro and brainfarted into thinking that WiseEclipse was also his. That said, look at WoWInterface for uploading it if you're interested, I found it incredibly easy to get SAA up there for the first time. I have almost no idea how to go about that on Curse, though, someone else put it up there without my permission and when the guys at Curse transferred it to me I didn't have them take it down. Don't think I ever updated it after that point either.

That said, look at WoWInterface for uploading it if you're interested, I found it incredibly easy to get SAA up there for the first time. I have almost no idea how to go about that on Curse, though, someone else put it up there without my permission and when the guys at Curse transferred it to me I didn't have them take it down. Don't think I ever updated it after that point either.

Uploaded to WoWinterface:

WiseEclipse : WoWInterface Downloads : Druid

However, I'll maintain the other link, feel free to choose between them.

Thanks for the advice!

e: typo

Spreadsheet now has a rudimentary estimation of added NG uptime due to Starfall. It's a tiny effect anyway, but it's there. It's also saved with data table calculation activated again, so it should work as normal.

[*]Force of Nature: If casting this immediately after an instant, you have to press the spell key and then click a targeting reticle in the world frame, losing a small amount of time.

I'm not sure I understand the "If" condition on the front of that sentence. Are you saying that if I cast Force of Nature immediately after a non-instant cast spell that I can avoid the targeting reticle?

I tried casting Starfire immediately followed by Force of Nature a few times and still had to click the ground to target. I just want to check if the wording is unclear, or if I just fail at trees.

If there's any way to get rid of that blankety-blank ground targeting and just have my trees spawn near my current target with no extra clicks, I'd celebrate for a week.

I'm not sure I understand the "If" condition on the front of that sentence. Are you saying that if I cast Force of Nature immediately after a non-instant cast spell that I can avoid the targeting reticle?

I tried casting Starfire immediately followed by Force of Nature a few times and still had to click the ground to target. I just want to check if the wording is unclear, or if I just fail at trees.

If there's any way to get rid of that blankety-blank ground targeting and just have my trees spawn near my current target with no extra clicks, I'd celebrate for a week.

No, you always have to click. But you don't lose time if you cast FoN after a cast-time spell, since you can press the key during the spell and click the ground as it ends. After an instant, you can't even press the key until the GCD is up.

This isn't a moonkin specific addon but it is something that many moonkin players may find useful.

Tell Me When - Curse Addons

This addon will display a large icon of a particular spell when it comes off cooldown anywhere you want on screen. Personally I find it excellent for keeping track of Force of Nature and Starfall during more hectic fights to maximise uptime for both. Having a large Force of Nature or Starfall icon appear and stay in the part of of your screen that you most focus attention on is invaluable. When the ability is on cooldown no icon is present which means you can have it somewhere that would obstruct your view if it was constantly in view.

The only complaint I'd have with it is that it doesn't turn off or change when you activate your other spec so you end up with said icon in your field of view but a quick trip to the Interface menu and enable and disable it so it's not too bad.

This isn't a moonkin specific addon but it is something that many moonkin players may find useful.

Tell Me When - Curse Addons

Power Auras is much more customizable and not as annoying to deal with, look into it.

Edit: Nevermind that question - it's answered in the body text.

This is posted now (sig).

Not going to be updating the version on this thread anymore (can probably lock thread).