Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elki

Hunters - Arlokk / Thekal's Grasp set

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone done the math on how this set along with the bonus stacks up to other Hunter weapon combos? We have a couple Hunter's wielding these on our raids, I'm assuming mostly for style. I'd like to see the math to back this set up.

I really don't mind them for average trash, but if it's really gimping DPS I'd much rather see them equipping different weapons in most cases.

That said, tiger form + feign death = awesome!

Thanks for any help!

Can't really back it up with math unless someone runs tests on how often it procs

However, I do know a rogue with this set, he says it procs pretty rarely, once every 4+ minutes, and if that's the case they won't be better than a MH Hakkari/Silithid Claw/FoF combo. It would need to proc at least once a minute to match the attack power off a SC/FoF combo, let alone the extra crit % (300*(12/60)= 60, the AP off SC/FoF is 58).

not to mention, rogues attack far, far, faster than hunters do, and from what I understand it is a flat chance to proc on each hit. Get a FotF and Hakkari MH and you will be far, far better off.

Yeah, pretty sure it's a flat 1% then you have +300 ATP for 12 seconds. The only other damage modifier for ranged is the 1% crit on Thekal's. So I suppose it'd vary for Huhuran's Stinger and the Xbow from BWL, but still it's probably no more than a toy.