Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whiteknight

Encounter oddities

59 posts in this topic

I jump directly into where you go if you jump through the window. There's a few spots from the upper ramp where you can easily hit it, and a lot of spots where you can get close. When I'm not lagging, I zone in before I hit the lava, and I've never managed to lag enough to take falling damage.

I can confirm that a Shadow Priest in Shadowform gets the same falling damage reduction that Warriors in defensive stance.

I've done a number of "the" jumps as well. Tanaris->Ungoro etc. If I start on full health I'll always have 15% health left.

What's more, given that PW:S no longer absorbs falling damage at all I can make the jump into the lava in BRM safely. Even if I lag and hit the bottom I'm still on 15% health with a fully functional PW:S to absorb the lava damage. If I wait a few seconds after casting PW:S before I jump then I can re-PW:S when the first runs out. Normally this is more than ample time to make it to safety. :P

What exactly causes this? I've had Vek'lor run at me during the pull and melee me to death, and of course there's the times everyone has where Vek'lor forgets he's a caster on a teleport and runs after someone. This is starting to get ridiculous

If you made the pull on Vek'lor, and your hunter pulled Vek'nilash with arcane shot, he would have received an "immune" and your initial pull 'aggro' would have Vek'nilash running towards you. We had a hunter do that on one of our early pulls ^^

I can confirm that a Shadow Priest in Shadowform gets the same falling damage reduction that Warriors in defensive stance.

I.e zero after the latest patch? Or do priests still get the reduce? :)

If you made the pull on Vek'lor, and your hunter pulled Vek'nilash with arcane shot, he would have received an "immune" and your initial pull 'aggro' would have Vek'nilash running towards you. We had a hunter do that on one of our early pulls ^^

He said Vek'lor ran at him. We have both the Warrior and the Warlock get just outside of aggro range, and then I say, "321go" on Vent. Normally, we try to get the Warlock to go slightly earlier, because Vek'lor running in the event of an Warlock resist is much worse then Vek'nilash running in the event of a Warrior miss.

Once or twice, when the Warlock ran in to aggro range and started casting SP, Vek'lor just ran right up and Bursted him.

By far the weirdest thing I've seen at Emps (besides the Warlock UBS instagibs which were fixed): pull goes smoothly. 20 seconds in, Warlock-A is tanking Vek'lor at the pull spot, and Warrior-B has moved Vek'nilash into position. 30 seconds in, port. Warlock-B cleanly picks up Vek'lor and gets range. Vek'nilash appears, with Warrior-A clearly the closest person to him. He comes out of teleport stun, and runs across the room at Warrior-B, the one who was just tanking him 2 seconds ago. Total mess.

By far the weirdest thing I've seen at Emps (besides the Warlock UBS instagibs which were fixed): pull goes smoothly. 20 seconds in, Warlock-A is tanking Vek'lor at the pull spot, and Warrior-B has moved Vek'nilash into position. 30 seconds in, port. Warlock-B cleanly picks up Vek'lor and gets range. Vek'nilash appears, with Warrior-A clearly the closest person to him. He comes out of teleport stun, and runs across the room at Warrior-B, the one who was just tanking him 2 seconds ago. Total mess.

This feels like it's becoming the 'regular' behavior more or less. We are still in the process of learning the Twin Emperors which means that we still study things like combatlogs to see what happened. Yesterday we had the behaviour described above at least 2 times. One of those times the port went though, Warrior A is closest, he successfully hit Vek'nilash with his sword once (this should give him proximity aggro and some cold steel aggro) and yet Vek'nilash feels it's a good thing thing to run straight for Warrior B. Yep, that's messy.

A warlock resist cant match the miss from the tank. In our first days we had veklor pulled first, if the tank misses both swings in the proximity it was a certain wipe. Nowadays we pull veknilash, the warlock at least has the range for a second chance. If the left side tank can cast a few batle shouts at the pull, veklor just cant go wrong.

Good thing is, battle shout is overpowered; its possible to pull twins just by 2 warriors. It's really odd to tank a physical immune mob from the other end of the room without a proximity aggro, doing nothing but shouting :)

Two things:

1. Yes, defense skill affects daze. At 440 I believe it is, you become immune to daze.

You dont become immune at 440. I'm well over 450 and is still getting dazed.