Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamlet

Anyone know the details of the C'Thun hotfix?

62 posts in this topic

Obviously there are tons of ways different classes can keep the small eyes from beaming - intercept, shield bash, feral charge, bash, kick, etc. - but I can't recall Phase 2 being any more difficult than it used to be.

I guess I can't really imagine there being a trick to it. Maybe just make sure a few people stay put instead of chasing giants and keep your timers handy?

That's not it exactly. We have timers, and we know that they are going to pop. Mages know to CS, rogues and pallies know to stun, warriors know to bash. We've got all that down (we have killed him regularly for a few months now). Still, our first indication of the presence of a Giant Eye was not "hey look, there's a big eye" it was, "wow, there go 3 dead rogues and a tank, oh look here comes the eye that just beamed them". I bitched at the mages/rogues/warriors for their slackness after the first 2 wipes, but then I watched for it myself.

Armed with my Death Coil and Curse of Tongues (DC > CoT), I watched for 5 seconds before an eye spawn and on the 3rd go round was lucky enough to be watching right where it spawned. It started to materialize, was within 20 yards ranged, and before I could press my DC button, it had already beamed a druid for 3.3k. My DC hit it about a half second after it's first beam and then we burned it down. I could not stop it from beaming even with instant cast spells, it beamed just too damn fast. On the 2nd spawn after that it killed a tank, 2 rogues, and a priest. I called for a wipe.

The giant eye spawns at the same time as the small ones, you shouldn't need an indication of it. It spawns every time.

The fight didn't feel any different for me really. The animation and timing between phases was different, but because there were no claws up we still were able to drink. However, 3 seconds to sit down and drink isn't long enough for a res so I don't believe we were able to res someone during the transition this week.

Well 2nd phase Cthun is also ALOT easier. We nuked him for ~30 seconds during the first weakening and got him to 56% . Before the Hotfix our best was 42% on ~41 seconds,executes including... In other word his HP where nurfed, at 2/3 of the old Cthun. They made him alot easier now.

Well 2nd phase Cthun is also ALOT easier. We nuked him for ~30 seconds during the first weakening and got him to 56% . Before the Hotfix our best was 42% on ~41 seconds,executes including... In other word his HP where nurfed, at 2/3 of the old Cthun. They made him alot easier now.

1. Fill out your profile.

2. i've seen NO evidence to back this claim up, you have any screenshots proving it simply wasnt a case of you actually doing a reasonable amount of dps this time? Most guilds manage it in two weakens these days (we did 3 last time, due to about 6 people folowing one guy who lagged out and running into dark glare (lemmings, i swear.) so 56% after one weaken is reasonable with people burning cooldowns for it.

Provide something to back it up and i'll eat my words, but after doing C'thun two days ago and it feeling EXACTLY the same as before (barring entry change throwing about 50% of the timer mods out of whack) i dont really agree with you.

3. Fill out your profile.

Just a quick query. I'm editing the cthun.lua for bigwigs to the new delay on the Dark Glare/Tentacle starts. It was originally 45 secs, has anyone changed it and knows the exact new delay? seems like 10 seconds, but I don't get to test it for a few days.

Gear improvement and rogue review are more likely reasons than HP nerf to C'thun. Actually, due to some timing screwups our first C'thun kill post 1.12 took four weakens to do it...

I know we did once get him to ~43% with no consumables and a non optimal raid pre patch, while we only got him to ~56% last kill. Almost 100% that his hp wasn't changed at all.

Just a quick query. I'm editing the cthun.lua for bigwigs to the new delay on the Dark Glare/Tentacle starts. It was originally 45 secs, has anyone changed it and knows the exact new delay? seems like 10 seconds, but I don't get to test it for a few days.

http://svn.wowace.com/files/BigWigs-r10206.zip has updated C'Thun timers.

phase 2 C'thun was considerably more difficult for my guild due to the instant eye beam from the large eyes. there are certainly ways to counter it but it relies on either a large number of interrupters watching all points on the map (which detracts from your baby tentacle interruptors) or a fair amount of luck over the course of a fight, perhaps both. I hope the change to the giant eyes is a bug, it seems pretty cheap and changed the entire fight for us.

If you're having Giant Eyes spawn inside the stomach (read: where the 2 flesh tentacles are), you are getting a bug.

If you're having Giant Eyes spawn inside C'thun's body (read: in the middle of the thing that you are interested in killing), then you need to MAKE PEOPLE MOVE away from walls and C'thun's body, because they spawn underneath a player.

I've never seen either of these things happen, btw.

We had also problems with the giant eye tentacels beaming right after they emerged. After 2 days of wiping we simply focussed on naxxramas and didn't bother on C'Thun anymore (have killed him twice before the patch).