Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nurru

EJ posters and cross server bgs

93 posts in this topic

I'll also agree with the 2-shot thing - it seems like a lot of cloth casters from PvE servers haven't quite figured out the whole AC and Stamina thing, and most terrifyingly routinely forget to apply their self-buffs. Death's Sting makes hitting priests with no Inner Fire up quite amusing.

You learn that real quick on a pvp server as alliance. Still, I feel pretty helpless playing against an organized horde team as a PvE fire spec given that horde teams seem to be more melee heavy on our battlegroup. I have like 4k life and a little over 1300ac self buffed and I can tell you I don't die much more slowly than those newbs on PvE realms!

Oh and as to the queue times, it's around 4-5 minutes for any one of the 3 BG's. Granted I prefer pvping on my Arthas horde character, I haven't really been too impressed at the PvP outside of Mal'Ganis horde.

139 days /played and 9 HK :D

Jeez. Back in the day on Mal'Ganis, we used to get double that during a quick run from Tarren Mill to the midway tower.

I think the melee-heavy group composition is more an artifact of the people who are currently pvping than any particular bias on the part of Mal'ganis Horde. Most of our WSG teams during the summer ran 2-4 mages, a warlock, a druid(go go infinite heals while shapeshifting), 1-2 warriors, 1-2 priests, and 1-2 shaman. Occasionally we had a hunter sub in for one of the mages. Teams now, by contrast, seem to be 2-3 warriors, 2-3 priests, 1-2 rogues, 1-2 hunters, and a shaman(maybe 2 if it's an EJ group).

When I rolled my rogue alt on a pvp server, I could kill ordinary 60 mages when I was level 50. By the time I was 60, I could kill full NW mages with my blue daggers and blue/green armor.

A good mage, though, is extremely tough for my little undergeared rogue to beat. Usually the ones in PvP epics are the most dangerous, because I can't kill them in 3 seconds and, more importantly, they actually react to my opener in less than 3 seconds.

Well, you're a better rogue than I. Ice armor screws me, assuming the mage knows what they're doing. If I can't time my energy and gank them in 2 shots (with a couple auto attacks) - I'm pretty much dead unless I have vanish or a reflector up, or I'm able to blind them as they try to run away. These days, if I see good gear, I wait for them to blink them sneak up stealthed and get the jump that way. My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

Oh, and garrote is going to own. 3 second silence + rentakis = GG

Damn! I started my account the day WoW went live and I'm at 30 days /played. I had 2562 HK the first week the Honor System went in and I probably would have had another 1500 on top of that had it been counting since release. During 1-60 I would gain 2, and as I got higher, 1 level per day then go PvP for the rest of the evening. Anyone within 12 levels of me was KOS the entire time.

My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

And make them AE on friendly targets. Watching a bunny-hopping ArcaneEx spamming gnome die in mid-air as 10 people simultaneously reflect his spam would make my WoW year.

Well I was thinking for sheep, but yeah they'd be pretty nice for all the times you're frostbit and 3 mages zoom in and start AEing the crap out of you and 5 of your buddies. :(

that's impressive.

i have 70000 hks on my hunter and who knows how many on my rank 13 druid alt. heh.

A warlock choosing to have 3100 HP is a perfect example of a bad pvper honestly. Even if you're relying on blues you should know how to prioritize your class's gear for the environment.

I've found I can routinely two-shot full Netherwind mages if they're not from one of the more active PvP servers and do it reliably with the Berserking buff up. Some of these people are well-geared, but still go out with poor gear choices, as Nurru says. I have, on multiple occaisons, two-shotted a mage in full Netherwind and not been afflicted by the Chilled debuff after the event. If anything, I'm more concerned about the mages in the blue PvP set than full Netherwind; they're more likely to actually get to do something to me before they die.

Well, you're a better rogue than I. Ice armor screws me, assuming the mage knows what they're doing. If I can't time my energy and gank them in 2 shots (with a couple auto attacks) - I'm pretty much dead unless I have vanish or a reflector up, or I'm able to blind them as they try to run away. These days, if I see good gear, I wait for them to blink them sneak up stealthed and get the jump that way. My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

Oh, and garrote is going to own. 3 second silence + rentakis = GG

I first PvPed seriously with a mage. Of course, the single most common fight I encountered was mage vs. rogue, as rogues were rather vastly overpopulated at the time. Since levelling up and gearing up my rogue, I have become quite good at killing mages :)

If you want to infuriate a mage, Distract them into facing a tree (or stump, or building, or cliff, or whatever), and then Cheap Shot them. Laugh as you realize how pissed off they'll be after they reflexively Blink.

Also, Improved Sprint is love.

Just faced some <Elitist Jerks> in AB.

1200-2000 beatdown.

Fun stuff. :)

<Final Retribution> of Dalaran hopes to see you again soon. We loved it.

New x-realm bg's? how about 47 games in the last 3 days (all pug cos I can never get into the l33t crew bg groups on our server) ... wanna guess how many Alliance won? ... That's right Zero, came up against 2 pre-made horde sides, you can't say that 45 groups 'all' had superior tatics and co-ordination, there has to be some law of averages that could mean I could at least one in 45 :D For some one romping around in full t2 and aq gear I get around 5:1 kill/death ratio but I can't kill em all myself :(

Pre cross realm Zen-EU we were about 40% win rate, it's gone south since the new implementation of cross realm, the battlegroup we got there are allot of horde premade teams (especially Al'akir WSG groups :P), just make it nigh on impossible to even play over 10 mins most of the time. No point now I think ...

Our queue times dropped so dramatically it is staggering. It has also changed the honor grind a lot, it seems. The last wave of GMs on our server had the rep for "losing their way to GM," which I'm sure is common elsewhere too. Basically they play 20 hrs a day and get enough honor for losing to rank up bc organized groups just didnt run much anymore. Now with x-server, its so easy to roll pug after pug after pug with a semi-decent made group you get tons of CP, and the soloers just can't keep up.

It very well could have been. I don't remember the name but he was definitely human.

I had just captured a flag and was headed out our front door when I saw him running in. He stopped, I stopped, he started flexing, I flexed and danced, he sat down, I mounted up and took off.

It was Aegeus, champion of the alliance :P. (He's an illumination warrior =D )

Any of you butts in battlegroup 10? I've been having a lot of fun, since both sides fair pretty evenly (especially in AV, I think Alliance/Horde have a 50% win ratio each, it's absolutely staggering). I'm actually pretty dissatisfied though, because Alliance PuGs would roll Horde ones on my server, but now I face the threat of losing, at the plus of losing maybe 5 minutes on my queues, and my AV queues actually went UP.

That's probably my crappy mage twink Mahngaina. +400 dmg but only 100ish stamina and I haven't dropped any cash on +hp enchants/librams. Hell, I never even bought a mount. Saving all my cash for my paladin reroll. <3

I don't pug anymore either. Got sick of 2 hour games against really shitty Kargath premades full of t0/1 paladins who liked to sit in their gy with 9 people and hope their single warlock or mage could ap/pom/pyro gank their flag back. Dalaran and Delvengyr aren't much better most of the time but at least I don't run into them as often. Out of roughly 20 games a night for the past week, half will be against low-tier Kargath premades.

So now all I really fear are the Archimonde premades. Get about 1 of those a night and we end up pulling every trick we can think of to win.

I ran into your group when I queued with some other people from "stalk and kill" (Dalvengyr) and thought we had a pretty good game. I think we lost 3-1 or so, but was a fun time nonetheless. Interesting to finally play against some of the people you hear so much about.

Haven't run into any EJ groups yet but I'm sure I will eventually.

Any of you butts in battlegroup 10? I've been having a lot of fun, since both sides fair pretty evenly (especially in AV, I think Alliance/Horde have a 50% win ratio each, it's absolutely staggering). I'm actually pretty dissatisfied though, because Alliance PuGs would roll Horde ones on my server, but now I face the threat of losing, at the plus of losing maybe 5 minutes on my queues, and my AV queues actually went UP.

No, but about 75% of my guild seems to have leveled an alt on Altar of Storms in <Animal Kingdom>.

Hah, yeah the macros always gives me a good chuckle. Don't see that many on my server though. Funny thing about our EU cluster, when some of the PvP servers found out they were with a couple of RPPvP servers they were pretty damn happy with themselves and one of the line's that was thrown around for a long time was 'We're going to beat them so badly they're going to spew up lore'

Well as someone who levelled 2 60s on a pvp server prior to rolling here this amused me, and now cross server BGs are here i've never seen the PvP standards so low. I feel like I'm pvping on the test server. Completely useless players everywhere, and a surprisingly low number of decently geared players (my server was up ~August 2006 so other servers in the cluster have had head starts). We've had a couple of premade encounters, us being outgeared and still winning *shrug* I was definately hoping for more. Maybe when the BG servers aren't so buggy anymore (I had a 4 hour WSG queue yesterday).

I'm Horde from Bloodfeather, also in your group. I will admit that from what I see from the Venture Co. Alliance, they are a joke, but I have played with a few of the Horde guys and you do just as well as our PVP Server breed :P

Bloodfeather alliance are a joke though :) Hope to see you in BG sometime, Syeren / Nariko.

Fun fact, a surprising majority of Cenarion Circle's Horde have macro's for when they rez to say stuff like "Ouch, that will leave a mark" or "I'm back in action!" Also, they aren't very good at AV :(

Kill Jigan whenever you see him, that guy is a total douchebag. And CC Horde is legendarily bad at AV.

I've seen a couple of familiar guilds in BGs but not any posters that I recognized. The last one I recognized was Deathwing's guild <For The Lose> on Llane.

I'm also working on my 'playing with someone healing me' game, as in almost 9,000 HK's I've only played with a healer for less than 5 games (including that one w/ Scheme) - so my first reaction upon getting healed is "WTF?" which then turns into "WHEEEE" and I go off on some suicidal tangent giving said healer palpitations and having them regret their decision. I'm working on convincing a priest to run around with me though, so maybe next time I won't embarass myself so much. :D

Which is exaclty why I rarely heal in BGs. If I heal you, and then you act like a 'tard, I won't heal you again and instead go SW:P and Smite Smite pew pew. Although I'm healing-specced, it's really more mana-efficient doing direct damage than healing most players.

In the cross-server BGs now, I'll Shield and Renew somebody before a battle. If they act stupid, I'll go looking for somebody else. If they act intelligently, I'll become their personal healbot for the rest of the fight.

How do people hit 60 without a rank? /boggle

Trivially, on a PVE server. I had 0 HKs 2 months into being 60, since it provided no utility. Then I decided I wanted the weapons, so I hit rank 14 (standing 4 the first week as an unranked player).A PVP server would be more impressive, definitely.

As for why the Cenarius/Cenarion Circle group got screwed, with so few equally-skewed realms, it wasn't Blizzard's choice, it was a result of hardware configuration.

Which is exaclty why I rarely heal in BGs. If I heal you, and then you act like a 'tard, I won't heal you again and instead go SW:P and Smite Smite pew pew. Although I'm healing-specced, it's really more mana-efficient doing direct damage than healing most players.

In the cross-server BGs now, I'll Shield and Renew somebody before a battle. If they act stupid, I'll go looking for somebody else. If they act intelligently, I'll become their personal healbot for the rest of the fight.

God yes. I'm deep resto live atm, and there's simply no better way to guarentee no heals from me than to bug me about it. Which is not to say it's not often fun to pick a target, highly visable, with decent gear and run around making him or her effectively unkillable. I rarely do it with people I don't know if only because they'll often run happily off forgetting that even though I'm working on 7k AC I'm not THAT hard to kill.

That, and there's simply no way to annoy a mage faster than purge.

I cant' say I've ever encountered people from these boards that I know of, but it'd be fun if someone fired off a /flirt to me if ya see me. I'm pretty easy to recodnise- Battlegroup 8, SC shoulders, malistar's defender, facedown while I wait for the spirit rez (I'm very, very bad at pvp). Usual favorite strategem is to run in, and just stay alive distracting while my teammates actually kill stuff.

Well, besides Lucit I suppose, but the day is approaching when I give him WF on his warrior while we try to kill his paladin (damn dirty twoboxer) so I'm sure he doesn't count anymore.

My guild is looking at a likely server transfer sometime around when TBC hits so we can finally do some BG's together. 30 min to 4 hour queues are just ridiculous. We're eyeing Eldre'Thalas right now, I've heard good things about their queue times.

Hopefully it'll work out well, and I'll get to see some of you in the BG's =)

My guild is looking at a likely server transfer sometime around when TBC hits so we can finally do some BG's together. 30 min to 4 hour queues are just ridiculous. We're eyeing Eldre'Thalas right now, I've heard good things about their queue times.

Hopefully it'll work out well, and I'll get to see some of you in the BG's =)

ET's queues have been okay lately for alliance; not great, but it's usually no worse than 15 minutes for a WSG or AB. AV still takes a while, but I hate AV, so who cares.

Hop on E'T and drop me a tell sometime if you want to talk more about the server, both good and bad.

I've run into a few EJ from time to time. Most of the time it's not a full group. We usually have the same. There are always a few online willing to PvP but not usually enough to fill up all 10 slots. It usually turns out to be a good game, as long as the pugs don't ruin it (like a DPS war insisting on carrying it over our DN tanks). I seem to miss most of the full group matches for some reason though.

The trick seems to be to add -servername to the whisper, so I had to do /t probiscus-kilrogg. Somewhat annoying considering some of the server names are obnoxious.

i'm sorry if this was already said and i missed it, but you only need to append the "-", and as long as the name is unique in your battleground, it will whisper. so, you probably would have been able to /t probiscus- and it would have worked.

edit - apologies, this was indeed mentioned on page 2. feel free to delete this post.