Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playered

Guild Bank - Banned

35 posts in this topic

I do hope you know that the irony is killing me.

Hey, he said approximations. Or maybe he was talking about pool.

Anyway, personally anyway, I always check a poster's IP before warning him about bad grammar -- if you post from a foreign country, you get more leeway. Sorry, Australia doesn't count.

In 2001, the five largest groups of the 23.1% of Australians who were born overseas were from the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Italy, Vietnam and China.

:unsure:

Anyway, personally anyway, I always check a poster's IP before warning him about bad grammar -- if you post from a foreign country, you get more leeway. Sorry, Australia doesn't count.

Yes, definitely most people will only produce an approximation of proper English. It would be nice to live in a world where we all read well formatted literature (perhaps something by Bujold or Banks) every day, and kept our written communication skills in fine form.

Sadly, we mostly type hurried snippets to each other as we do other things, and get a bit rusty. At least on this forum I always try to go over what I've written before I post and make sure:

1 - I'm actually saying something useful, and not just blathering.

2 - I'm not butchering the only language I know TOO badly. (For example, I avoided the word grammar because I simply wasn't sure wether it was grammAr or grammEr, but now at least I can blame Preatorian if I'm misspelling it here.)

PS - And yes I am aware that some people think puncuation does not belong immediatly before an end parenthesis, but I prefer a more programmatical approach to parenthesis, wherein an entire sentance could be denoted as an aside and yet not be cut off from its punctuation.

Yeah, I was just goofing on Hiro.

but now at least I can blame Preatorian

You can blame who? ;)

OK, OK, I'm done.

Why stop there?

PS - And yes I am aware that some people think puncuation does not belong immediatly before an end parenthesis, but I prefer a more programmatical approach to parenthesis, wherein an entire sentance could be denoted as an aside and yet not be cut off from its punctuation.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Anyone experienced this type of situation, is it avoidable? has anyone had it happen and then got it renounced nd returned?

Someone was buying/selling bank contents online. This is not hard to figure out. Frankly, I doubt you're as clueless as you claim to be about why the account was banned.

You can't do much about this. People get greedy, in these games just the same as they do in life and lie, cheat steal and sometimes hurt their "friends" in the process.

I'm surprised that "wether" and "sentance" made it through unscathed, honestly.

On the topic of the original post: It is unlikely that the bank alt was banned for no reason entirely, and it was primarily done for reasons previously espoused in this thread. If it was banned for "economy exploitation", then something fishy was probably going on. If not, then send in your mass e-mails and hope that whichever Blizzard GM who receives it is feeling generous.

This is a big part of the reason I keep the guild bank on my own account and no one other than me has access to it.

We just locked down our guild leaders account as well because of the recent posts about guild bank bannings. They seem to be happening a lot more lately, or maybe people are just being more vocal about it. Maybe I just have not seen it, but has Blizzard actually come out and set some guidelines for this? Also, it would be nice to know if they plan on adding a guild bank feature in TBC. I know I loved what CCP did with EVE and the hangar system. Different hangars, different permissions, auditing, etc. It would only then be too easy to see which officer was dipping into the funds to turn some profit in real life.

We just locked down our guild leaders account as well because of the recent posts about guild bank bannings. They seem to be happening a lot more lately, or maybe people are just being more vocal about it. Maybe I just have not seen it, but has Blizzard actually come out and set some guidelines for this?

Well, with the recent mass-banning gold prices went through the roof (high exchange rate). Combine that with guilds who by some accounts are spending 3K gold per day throwing themselves at new content in Naxx, the trickle down of BoE epics, what I imagine is an all-around rise in consumable use (demand for gold), an upcoming expansion with a new level grind, thousands players heading back to school, going away for/graduating from college (reasons to leave the game) and you have an absolutely ideal time to profit from scamming in WoW for real world cash without much to lose for getting caught.