Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamlet

Resto PvE Compendium and General Discussion

421 posts in this topic

Great. Expect new version of TreeCalcs.com in a few weeks.

Keep checking--there will probably be frequent changes, esp. since the Moonkin sheet is so much further ahead than Resto right now. Also, now that 4.0 is live and I'll be playing Resto in 25-man raids, I'll have a much better sense of what's going on.

Do we have any way of establishing the level 85 MP5 formula at this point?

It seems that whatever the formula is, it's no longer based on the old:

ManaRegen = (0.001+(Spirit * BASE_REGEN[LEVEL] * (Intelligence^0.5))*5

As solving that equation for BASE_REGEN[85] gives different values depending on the stat set in question, which really should not be happening given it's suppoed to be a constant. ;)

Based on quick testing so far it seems that both Spi and Int are contributing (although Int to a far, far lesser degree) and that at the simplest, roughest level it seems that Spirit on gear turns into between 91-98% OOC MP5.

It seems there might also be a DR on it to throw another spanner in the works, which may make sense given that Spirit is being treated as a rating rather than a stat for the purposes of reforging.

Not sure you what you mean--as far as I know the regen coefficient is unchanged from 3.0 to 4.0 (and is in fact unchanged even at 85).

I don't remember if the 85 spirit regen number changed. I do know that we now have (at 85) 931 MP5 which is a class-and-level-dependent number that applies both in and out of combat (all Druid specs, in addition to spirit regen). So if you are trying to solve for BASE_REGEN, be sure to include that number (at 85).

At 80, I believe that number is 174 MP5.

Keep checking--there will probably be frequent changes, esp. since the Moonkin sheet is so much further ahead than Resto right now. Also, now that 4.0 is live and I'll be playing Resto in 25-man raids, I'll have a much better sense of what's going on.

I definitely will, but at least something to start (structure, etc). I can change formulas/numbers fast enough, if the structure of moonkin will be close to resto one - easier for me to make the moonkin calcs.

Does anyone know the current raid buffed haste ratings at which each spell gains each additional tick?

Well, if this helps, I tested it using my overhasted moonkin gear...1016 gave 5 ticks, 1018 gave 6...so its 1017/1018 thats the point where rejuv gets 6th non-instant tick.

Worth getting in my opinion.

Well, if this helps, I tested it using my overhasted moonkin gear...1016 gave 5 ticks, 1018 gave 6...so its 1017/1018 thats the point where rejuv gets 6th non-instant tick.

Worth getting in my opinion.

Are you sure those are the right numbers? I have exactly 1016 haste currently, and I just confirmed 6 ticks with WoA.

Are you sure those are the right numbers? I have exactly 1016 haste currently, and I just confirmed 6 ticks with WoA.

Hey ara. Was trying to figure out how the 1016 haste (I am assuming the rating hasnt changed of 32.79 = 1%) rating was achieved for the extra rejuv tick. Math is not my speciality :-(

In order to obtain 6 ticks, you need haste values to acheive a time between tick duration to be (12 / 5.5). Ticks round up, but keep in mind that your hot duration can extend past the normal hot duration.

12 / 5.5 = 2.18181818

3 / 1.05 = 2.85714285714 (this is your hot ticks 5% raid haste)

2.85714285714 / 2.18181818 = 1.3095238106

30.95% haste from gear is needed to achieve this to bring your rejuv tick time to 2.181818 with raid haste.

30.95 x 32.79 = 1014.8505

So 1015 haste rating is required for 6 rejuv ticks and a ~13.09 duration rejuv is obtained.

With 1015 haste and moonkin aura, I get 5 ticks. I suspect there's a rounding error somewhere or not all haste buffs are created equal.

Edit: Tested with wrath of air and 1015 haste. Also 5 ticks. I can't actually get to 1016 haste with my gear options to test that.

It is possible that my druid left moonkin near the end so it adjusted...I do not recall, I did know that 1014 didnt work and 1018 did.

I'll change the guide to 1016.

In order to push the cap up to 1016, the rating conversion only has to go up to 32.79231, so any minor rounding issue could do it.

e: silly me, the Resto "guide" doesn't exist yet :P . Still, I'll start quoting the 1016 number for now.

I'll change the guide to 1016.

In order to push the cap up to 1016, the rating conversion only has to go up to 32.79231, so any minor rounding issue could do it.

e: silly me, the Resto "guide" doesn't exist yet :P . Still, I'll start quoting the 1016 number for now.

My other question is, if you include the cleanse, there are 32 talents which I would take, is taking the .3 seconds from the rejuv GCD worth it at that rate since it should already be at 1 second GCD?

My other question is, if you include the cleanse, there are 32 talents which I would take, is taking the .3 seconds from the rejuv GCD worth it at that rate since it should already be at 1 second GCD?

This is currently bugged; you can't reach a 1s GCD with only 1/2 in the talent. Once that's fixed, then yes, 2/2 is unnecessary.

This is a little off topic so my apologies if it is in the wrong forum. I was wondering if the darkmoon Greatness card was considered usable again by anyone? I was thinking about it today as at level 80 regen isn't a problem so were mainly gearing for haste then crit/mastery. It's 90 int with a proc thats 300 int (for us with int being our highest stat) and as I checked today it gave me ~276 spellpower and about 4-5k mana. Has anyone else considered it viable again? It was such a fun trinket in its day.

I haven't tested it exactly, but I'm pretty sure Wild Growth is hitting much, much further than 15 yards at the moment. It feels like around 30.

Closing this. Most of the thread is not patch relevant. Please use the appropriately labeled thread.