Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivkah

Hunter FAQ 4.x WotLK (read this before asking questions)

35 posts in this topic

Well, I think we can all agree that Master Marksman and Aimed Shot isn't exactly stellar in either fun or direct value, so it is a rather puzzeling place (and way) to weaken shots. But I'm not in agreement with the low level 'nerf', since a loss of 5% weaponscaling isn't going to make the shot go from overpowered to acceptable. However, we might need a low level Hunter to check these things out.

I've added experimental support for the new armory (for US and EU users). Note that since the data is in HTML format, the parsing is pretty fragile and there may be some issues. If you notice any problems please send me a PM. The plus side is that the reforging import should work now.

Has the min/max on max level cata professions been mathed out yet? Strongly contemplating dropping skinning (keeping LW) for something, but I can't decide what.

Well LW should be #1 along with JC according to my quick math just using weighted values at femaledwarf.com

It's really hard to value the use of some professions though. Especially engineering. It is stat wise the worst profession, but things like rocket boots have some value on fights. And in cataclysm there are a couple of fights where they could come in really handy.

It's really hard to value the use of some professions though. Especially engineering. It is stat wise the worst profession, but things like rocket boots have some value on fights. And in cataclysm there are a couple of fights where they could come in really handy.

Like now, however it is only assumed that the Boost will fail less in Cataclysm raiding. And the simple fact is, you can get by without the Boost, so if it can fail and kill you and/or the raid, why even use it? They are at best a convenience when they work.

Currently Engineering looks to be the absolutely worst Profession, which I hope is very much wrong.

Nitro Boosts never ever fail while you are in an instance, they can only fail in the "outside world". I've raided the most part of WotLK as an Engineer and had zero fails unless I used them while doing dailies, questing etc (the failure chance when not in an instance is fairly high though).

Nitro Boosts never ever fail while you are in an instance, they can only fail in the "outside world". I've raided the most part of WotLK as an Engineer and had zero fails unless I used them while doing dailies, questing etc (the failure chance when not in an instance is fairly high though).

This has changed in a later patch -- now it *may* fail, even in a raid environment (tested on dreamwalker)

Yes, this isn't some baseless assumption. They do fail now, and there has been a pretty big uproar, or QQ, depending on where you stand on the matter. In progression raiding, if the remain as it is now, they are useless. Nobody will pat you on the back when they work, but the first time they cause a wipe on progression encounters, a lot of people will frown at you, if not worse, as it was you who decided to use them, while they are stricktly not needed, knowing they could fail.

Engineering looks very weak, with the craftable epic ranged weapons worse than some blues (baffling really). So it comes down to, are you (general population) 'brave' enough to hold onto it with no promise that it will be worth it?