Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Illundai

Shadowmourne

211 posts in this topic

Instead stacking frost resistance gear you probably should go for full tank gear, because i doubt you'll do siginifcant damage with 50% attack speed reduction + frost res (correct me if I am wrong).

A sidenote: Do you still get Arthas whispers after completing the 1000 souls quest?

Instead stacking frost resistance gear you probably should go for full tank gear, because i doubt you'll do siginifcant damage with 50% attack speed reduction + frost res (correct me if I am wrong).

A sidenote: Do you still get Arthas whispers after completing the 1000 souls quest?

I have completed the 1000 souls quest and on Unholy Infusion right now and I still am getting whispers.

I have completed the 1000 souls quest and on Unholy Infusion right now and I still am getting whispers.

Not only that, you still apply the Shadow's Fate debuff with your attacks, and you also continue getting the fancy soul drain graphical effect every time a debuffed monster dies.

Any theories about the Frost Infusion part? Is stacking frost resistance gear a viable strat?

It's the most difficult infusion.

There are several things you have to consider:

• AMS could prevent the breath from counting like it does for Blood Mirror.
  • Standing in front of her can get you into cleave range.
  • Each breath debuffs your movement speed by 15% for 90s, so you can't run around.
  • You have to eat the explosion, since you're slowed.
  • Her spell damage could be Frost+X.

The best option is to tank the dragon and the second best is to camp behind the tank. You will need the help of your raid.

DK's have by far the best tools to do this quest.

It's the most difficult infusion.

There are several things you have to consider:

• AMS could prevent the breath from counting like it does for Blood Mirror.
  • Standing in front of her can get you into cleave range.
  • Each breath debuffs your movement speed by 15% for 90s, so you can't run around.
  • You have to eat the explosion, since you're slowed.
  • Her spell damage could be Frost+X.

The best option is to tank the dragon and the second best is to camp behind the tank. You will need the help of your raid.

DK's have by far the best tools to do this quest.

As a Warrior, don't you need to have the axe out during the frost breaths to get the frost infusions tho? Which would make tanking kinda hard..

As a Warrior, don't you need to have the axe out during the frost breaths to get the frost infusions tho? Which would make tanking kinda hard..

All of the previous quests require that you have the axe equipped during those important phases, this one should be no different. Use of Defensive cooldowns is vital when taking the breathes. If you have a Paladin who is doing it, you can glyph their Hand of Salvation that would help quite a bit and give an extra defensive cooldown. Don't forget too that once you've gotten your 4 breathes you get a DOT style debuff.

Since the Frost Breath is 60 yards and the cleave is melee range it should be possible to place your quest guy behind the tanks and outrange the cleave. I guess that also means full tanking gear is not needed but perhaps a few pieces of frost resistance gear.

Titan Grip Warriors can go Shadowmourne/Shield should help with survivability a bit, and you can shield wall.

I guess that also means full tanking gear is not needed but perhaps a few pieces of frost resistance gear.

There is 130 frost from Aura/Totem, four pieces of frost crafted gear (3x Icebane + a ring), the Sons of Hodir sell a 25 Frost + 30 stamina helm enchant, LW can make a 130 Frost to bracer, and there is a flask with +50 to all resistance (stacks with buffs).

The more Frost Resist the better, assuming the breath and dot can be resisted.

I would imagine that if you somehow fully resisted the frost breathe it would fail to apply a charge to the weapon.

Just a small note for those on the Unholy Infusion quest. The Infuse ability has a casting time of 4 seconds, but there's no casting bar or any other visual sign that it's actually casting. At the end of the cast, your abomination will be surrounded by a explosion of bright green light, and that's all the indication you get that it was cast successfully. If you did it right, when you get dismounted at the beginning of Phase 3, you should have a debuff which looks exactly like the Shadow's Edge icon.

Don't panic when you see nothing happening during the cast, or after it. If you got the green flash of light, you're set. Do not move until you see the light!

My castbar showed the four second cast (I use Shadowed Unit Frames), also Quartz would show it (via the vehicle cast bar frame). I had the buff on my list right after I finished channeling the spell, called Shadow Infusion.

My castbar showed the four second cast (I use Shadowed Unit Frames), also Quartz would show it (via the vehicle cast bar frame). I had the buff on my list right after I finished channeling the spell, called Shadow Infusion.

I don't use any castbar or buff addon, and didn't show either of. I specifically checked my buff list after casting it to see if it was there. I'm using the default blizzard buff display, with the compressed buffs option enabled.

The proc of Shadowmourne was slightly modified. The Soul Fragment you get from the proc now grants 30 strength (down from 40) but the "final" proc now grants you 270 strength for 10 sec.

All in all slightly better, I think.

I just found this on wowhead.

(1) Proc Rate: Much more often than the 20% that I get from the spell description. I would say closer to 50 - 75% with NO cooldown. I have a screenshot of getting two procs in the same second.

(2) Stacking: Yes the proc stacks, but only lasts for one minute. So the buff will expire long before you start the BG. However, you can get it stacked to 10 again within a matter of seconds...

(3) CC Breaking: Unfortunately I didn't have time to test this (nor did I have adequate CC being a DK). It's hard to speculate, but I'd go with it breaking CC.

(4) 10 Stacks: You never achieve a full 10 stacks of the buff. As soon as you would hit your tenth stack, the buff is wiped and Chaos Bane is cast.

This axe will be the most ludicrous thing ever if it the procrate is 50-75% with no ICD. Many tears will be shed on Arenajunkies if it's true, I'd take it with a grain of salt though :P.

The proc rate won't be that high I guess, due to the 10s strength buff. 20% is a realistic value. On the other hand, this is a legendary weapon and you have to expect crazy procs :).

I just found this on wowhead.

Given that it's not obtainable on live servers yet, I'm assuming that's a private server test. Do private servers accurately reflect proc rates and such?

The axe is the big test of Blizzard's ability to balance weapon procs. With the mechanics of the different classes that can use it so varied, and the strength of the fragment build up and final release spells, I'd have thought the only way they can really balance it is to have a high proc rate and some sort of internal cooldown.

Consider especially AoE, DKs have at most 1 strike that'll hit multiple targets and then it's only 2 targets. Divine Storm will hit 4 targets, as will whirlwind. Single target maybe better but given the difficulty they've had balancing a far weaker proc I wouldn't bet on it.

Given that it's not obtainable on live servers yet, I'm assuming that's a private server test. Do private servers accurately reflect proc rates and such?

Those are PTR values. Someone had the weapon for a short time.

Is there any way to verify through spell ids if the way the charges stack has also changed? I'm thinking it might not be a straight buff but an attempt at reducing the highs and lows of the stacking effect.

Anyone else thinking that you don't actually take the full frost breath damage, but rather absorb the damage and just take the stacking frost debuff? Doesn't make sense otherwise. Same thing was thought for Blood Mirror, but it just turns into Gushing Wound.

Frost Infusion - Spell - World of Warcraft says it absorbs it.

Is the OP no longer updating this thread? I'd hate to start a new one if there is another active on around.

OP's as updated as it can be, no need putting unconfirmed information about the Sindragosa step in there.