Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerula

Warlock Spreadsheet (3.3.5)

187 posts in this topic

Nibelung procs

Base damage range for normal Nibelung is 1591-1785. It's affected by level-based partial resists, and by caster debuffs on the target (Earth and Moon, Imp. Scorch, Totem of Wrath). 50% crit bonus, 0% base crit rate, 0% miss. Casts on average 17 Smites per proc if it stays still. 1% proc rate, but a bunch of weird talents and things proc it; you'll have to experiment some yourself.

I get the same error for a couple of my armor pieces.

My main concern is I'm getting a ton of #N/A errors in cells where there's supposed to be DPS/Damage numbers. Anyone else having this issue?

Here's a picture of the spreadsheet after I import my armory to avoid confusion:

spread.png

You're getting those errors because you have 2 items that aren't in the spreadsheet's database. Also ran into a bunch of bugs with loading a character...Ill try and fix all this by tomorrow.

I understand how it could be hard to add every single item. For me, the item in question was the Shawl of the Devour Crusader - the 258 cloak from ToC 10 HC Insanity.

You're getting those errors because you have 2 items that aren't in the spreadsheet's database. Also ran into a bunch of bugs with loading a character...Ill try and fix all this by tomorrow.

That's what I figured - just wanted to report in case it was something else.

The two items for me were: Bindings of Dark Essence - wrists from ToC 25 and the Icehowl Cinch from ToGC 10.

Since I was in the process of updating my own copy of the sheet the other day, I'll share with you some of my thoughts.

Firstly, I'd like to compliment you on the great changes visually and in terms of organization. They were long overdue in my opinion.

There are a few things I need some clarification on though just so I can give proper feedback on if the models are functioning correctly:

1) In the T10 4pc bonus, where does the ^3.3 come from in the calculation? Is this somehow representing the proc chance on the 5 UA or Immo ticks without detailing the math behind it?

As I understand it, this would assume the proc downtime after 3.3 ticks/chances, which is obviously won't always be the case:

Chance to not proc = .85

Therefore, taking an excerpt from the formula (1-(1-.15)^3.3), after 3.3 chances to proc:

.85^3.3 = .58 chance to have not procced still. ** I might add that the "1-.15" is a bit superfluous when you can do that one in your head, lol**

I'm just confused about this assumption. In a case of bad RNG, you could theoretically go an entire fight without the proc occuring- it's just very unlikely; specifically it's y = .85^x with y approaching 0 as X approaches infinity. In other words, the chance of such a bad RNG string happening go exponentially down closer to zero but never reaches it (a limit function).

2) For the Dislodged Foreign Object proc, what is the 2.5 multiplier at the end representing? As far as I can tell, nothing in the formula accounts for the proc chance (10%) unless that does somehow. Using the Sundial of the Exile- a trinket already in the spreadsheet with a similar proc- as an example, shouldn't it look something like this instead?:

=577.5*(20/(45+Models!$B$27/.10))

I suppose you could also include the IfErrorWDS() function like so:

=577.5*(20/(45+IfErrorWDS(Models!$B$27,0)/.10))

Basically, this same approach can be taken for similar trinkets as well. Not sure yet about Phylactery though because it's only periodic damage and that will change greatly with the Quick Decay glyph I imagine.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

1) The 3.3 is how many immolate/ua ticks happen in the duration of 10 seconds. Unless I'm doing it wrong, I was using uptime formula as 1-(1-proc chance)^(duration of buff/frequency of the spell that procs it). I think that's what it is anyways. If that's wrong, any help would be appreciated.

2) The Models!B27 is your average cast time, the 2.5 represents 40% proc rate, which some say it is. I've also seen 10%, but from what I've seen, it procs every 50s or so which seems more like 40% to me.

Can I ask the correct way to add custom gear?

Some of my items are *ahem* lower than what you may add, namely my OH which is from naxx. When I add custom gear, I am still getting the "N/A" errors, which mean nothing is computing correctly. My attempts at adding custom gear/tweaking have no resolved this.

Meanwhile, +rep for an excellent spreadsheet. Looking very much forward to the final version for 3.3.

Tilly64 - This spreadsheet uses a lot of features from Excel and some macro functions from 2007. It cannot be ported to anything else

Syphilisia - We're working on getting all of the items added in.

Released a new version. If you downloaded the previous version just overwrite it with this one. Check the main page for the changelog.

Dont know if you wanted the bugs reported here or some email, but i had this open so Ill do here

ItemID 49307 is not implemented, asked to be reported.

Because of this I'm unable to calculate for total dps etc, something similar to screenshot above.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work ;)

I hate to spread panic, but my Symantech Antivirus immeditely quaranteened and alerted me when I enabled the macros in the spreadsheet

AN INFECTION HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan

Event: Risk Found!

Security risk detected: W97M.Cooldown

File: (hidden)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\~ar2CB4.xar

Computer: (hidden)

User: (hidden)

Action: Pending Side Effects Analysis : Access denied

Date: 26. januar 2010 09:00:15

This is listed as an alias of MSWord.Cooldown on Kaspersky, and is rated as a severe threat from Micrrosoft.

Im trying to get it to work for several hours now ... got everything enabled etc. but always get the error when i click on the "Load Character from the Armory" button:

Systemerror &H80072EFD (-2147012867)

anyone got a idea how to fix this

Datalord - Well if you look at the warnings that Excel gives you, macros are not safe to use. Macros should only be used on spreadsheets that you trust. Essentially, running a macro can result in someone taking over your computer.

Lemmi - If you could give me the character name and realm that you're trying to load that would be helpful.

Some more items were reported and I added those, tried to fix the bug that Lemmi was having too. Check the initial post for more details.

Item id 48722 is not implemented and is being reported per request ^^

Edit:

Just to test things out, I selected a similar item from the drop-down menu to replace the N/A item. However, even after having replaced the N/A item, I continue to receive erroneous values on the Main page.

Specifically, 'Spell Power' and 'Total Crit %' in the Stats Summary are both returning '#Div/0!'. As a result of those values, obviously damage calculations are not working.

Edit #2:

Also just noticed that pDPS on the Gear_buffs sheet is returning '#####' even with all item slots correctly filled.

Datalord - Well if you look at the warnings that Excel gives you, macros are not safe to use. Macros should only be used on spreadsheets that you trust. Essentially, running a macro can result in someone taking over your computer.

I enabled them because this spreadsheet needs macros, and then I posted a warning to all the people downloading the spreadsheet who don't have a virus scanner. I thought this could be trusted, but that was sadly not the case.

I enabled them because this spreadsheet needs macros, and then I posted a warning to all the people downloading the spreadsheet who don't have a virus scanner. I thought this could be trusted, but that was sadly not the case.

False Positive - Learn the term, understand the term.

To further prove that your scanner is generating a false positive I ran this against Trend Micro's Housecall and the latest AVG. Both gave the spreadsheet a clean bill of health. I know what's in the VB scripts and how they work, there is nothing malicious in them. If someone from EJ requires me to post the code I will so more people can confirm this.

I scanned it with ArcaVir, asquared, AVAST, AVG, bitdefender, CLAMAV, CPSecure, DRWeb, F-Prot, F-Secure, G-DATA, Ikarus, Kapersky, NOD32, Panda, QuickHeal, Sophos and Virusbuster. No one finds anything. As Cerula stated, it is a false positive on Symantec's part.

The bottom line is VB Scripts and macros are essential to spreadsheets such as these. It's each person's call if they want to use such tools and I encourage you to scan any file(s) you download with your AV program of choice however from everything I can tell the file is clean.

Hey!

Item 50339 is not implemented, it seems (Trinket: Sliver of Pure Ice).

(Wonderful spreadsheet, by the way)