Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Abi

Undocumented 2.0 changes/features/bugs

508 posts in this topic

Hunter base crit rate still bugged at around minus 1.5% according to the other thread :(

Ah, I forgot, this was the reason I started looking into bugs and such. Heh.

I wonder how the first week of TBC is going to go down.

Divine Spirit doesn't use the "charge" from Inner Focus so you can Spirit people all day long :)

Divine Spirit doesn't use the "charge" from Inner Focus so you can Spirit people all day long :)

Bet this will be hotfixed soon while the game breaking bugs will remain at least a week. Anyone that can confirm that Patchwerk is impossible now?

With +Defense skill affecting dodge/parry/block I'm seeing about a 6-7% increase in each of those stats as well as having higher total Armor and hit points before talents.

Bet this will be hotfixed soon while the game breaking bugs will remain at least a week. Anyone that can confirm that Patchwerk is impossible now?

We just got him to 1% but then the server restarted : /

But he did seem to be hitting a lot harder, our 3rd offtank took something like a 9.5k hateful strike and I seemed to be getting hit harder with toughness than I used to without.

But he did seem to be hitting a lot harder, our 3rd offtank took something like a 9.5k hateful strike and I seemed to be getting hit harder with toughness than I used to without.

Did he payed attention to his mitigarion value on char sheet ?

I honestly can't understand why they'd put this in now, hopefully they'll come to their senses and fix this. I'd croak if I saw double Ten Storms from Nef/Rag/Ony.

We croak when we see double Ten Storms from Nef, Rag and Ony. Chest, legs and headpiece happen to be the three pieces where (for pure healing, at least) the Earthfury equivalent is hands down better.

Well, our guild wouldn't directly croak if we saw double Ten Storms from Nef because we never ever saw a Ten Storms BP from him ever and it would have been nice from a collector's point of view (obviously the RNG is borked, but we never got around to posting in WoW General about it, silly us).

But Horde guilds generally.

Given the amount of "overflow" and negative number errors popping up (talents messing up when raised to the full 5/5, hunter negative crit ratio, bank slots, mitigation formulae) it looks like something very fundamental is off in Blizzard's system. That or there's just a lot of similar errors being made, I guess. I've got no experience with coding; could there be some sort of "simple" underlying problem, or is Blizzard facing weeks of searching out a hundred individual bugs?

Hopefully this is the end of their policy of ignoring most of the PTR reports and shoving out the patch anyway, and the beginning of a new era of QA for them, just as the BWL debacle sparked a new era for their raid testing.

This has to be the worst patch yet. It's amazing how much i'm still not looking forward to it despite craving the honour system changes for my alt.

Can anyone comment further on the ignite changes? That screenshot is pretty screwed up, but it looks like its from beta and not live.

I know that's how it worked on PTR, atleast from all the testing I did. It's god awful and I doubt I'll be fire for as long as it works like that.

*snipes Paladin gear for Horde*

Yes, since the patch is a preperation for TBC, where you can roll all classes on all sides this was bound to happen. Imagine the joy of having two Judgement chests drop at Nefarian. Luckily it is no issue with AQ40 and Naxxramas due the token system.

Hm, what about all those shiny Paladin/Shaman items like Librams/Totems, mail/plate with +spelldam/healing etc., do those drop as well?

It is an issue in AQ40 - there are a couple of items that drop in AQ40 that are amde for Shaman / Paladin, but aren't class restricted. Currently they don't drop in an opposite faction raid - they will after this patch.

We croak when we see double Ten Storms from Nef, Rag and Ony. Chest, legs and headpiece happen to be the three pieces where (for pure healing, at least) the Earthfury equivalent is hands down better.

Atleast your guild will be able to equip the darn things. :P

I'd love to see one of our paladins in full Ten Storms.

Luckily it is no issue with AQ40 and Naxxramas due the token system.

In addition to the previously mentioned T3 rings, there is also some non-set shaman/paladin loot that you will at some point probably see. Not as big a problem as BWL/MC, but a problem nonetheless.

Edit: Beaten to the punch twice.

On the shield slam...I can land gouge as I run away from someone even though it is a front positional. You just jump, spin in the air, punch the move, complete your rotation, and land. You do this sort of thing all the time with hunter too.

Purely alarmist as far as I can tell -- I did 4 hours of organized PvP and my honor screen says "~1650" for my estimated. Didn't actually try to buy anything, though...

Purely cosmetic in nature:

Bear and Cat form have new animations when performing certain actions (or I'm retarded and never noticed my bear scratching the ground while capping a flag in AB).

edit: Spelling

Purely cosmetic in nature:

Bear and Cat form have new animations when performing certain actions (or I'm retarded and never noticed my bear scratching the ground while capping a flag in AB).

edit: Spelling

Its been around for 2 patches or so

Can anyone comment on this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=52937927&sid=1

The official pvp forums are about as bad as it's gets for stupidity but there does seem to be multiple reports. No doubt more bugs yay.

I would comment on that particular thread, but the honor gain in general seems completely borked. I pvp'd all night last night winning several matches and getting about 20 av marks, 10 wsg marks and 15 ab marks and received 0 honor. It doesn't look like the system is tallying honor points at all at this point. What a waste. On the ptr doing the amount of pvp I did last night would have garnered me a good 7-8k honor points easily, maybe more.

and then lose the rage for the ss due to your block dodge and parry. Moving those listed bosses into place with over 440 def=you're not gonna get 1-shotted and you have several healers on you on the pull. Running at the boss, hitting bloodrage then sundering him, running thru and shieldslamming as the boss chases you and then often getting another ss in near the end of the run=better and more fun than the strafing game, with no real risk. It's not too fantastic either, irl you could have a shield on your arm, run past someone and whack 'em as you pass them or if they were behind you chasing you right on your tail, swing your arm out and smack 'em with that shield. Nothing too unrealistic about it. Why nerf it? I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed.

And then get a few crushing blows for 3-4k each? If you are a prot tank that have been anywhere near the last bosses in naxx, you should know that you really don't want to turn your back to either of them, just one second might mean wiping the raid or killing the boss.

Also noticed mechanics with crushing blow and shield block that points that it isn't a pure 15% with max def, but rather also act like a ppm, but that's a bit too offtopic for this thread.

* New loading-screens chokka full of scantily-clad females. Urgh.

15s cd on viper sting.

Both are working as intended.

Anyway, who wouldn't want to see females on the loading screen?

You can't use raid markers on Skeram anymore (they disapear at the 75/50/25% marks)

A lock in my guild spec'd Felguard, respec'd to Shadowfury, summoned a succubus and zoned into pvp, when he died he got the Felguard back. He fixed it somehow though.

I've read on the US paladin forums that counterspell and other school locking abilities are no longer putting divine shield on cooldown, the thread quickly turned into a bunch of paladins saying 'Delete this damn thread!' and 'SHHHH' so I'm guessing it's true. Small change but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Whether it's a bug or working as intended is another matter. Personally it annoys me that that spell gets special treatment.