Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cryect

Druids and Aggro Generation

84 posts in this topic

There is some other threads I know where Lacerate was inspected with more detail.

Where? I can't find any threads other than this one that deal with Lacerate's threat.

I'm convinced that this quote is made up, because the overwhelming majority of things in karazhan, trash or otherwise, is immune to lacerate. The things that aren't immune aren't even dangerous.

Ethereal Thieves aren't dangerous? There is only one room of them but they rape clothies pretty well.

Here's one of threads on Lacerate http://elitistjerks.com/showthread.php?t=9678

Hard finding stuff with search disabled.

Ethereal Thieves aren't dangerous? There is only one room of them but they rape clothies pretty well.

If a bear tank unequips his weapon those thieves won't be going anywhere or raping any clothies. ^_^

If a bear tank unequips his weapon those thieves won't be going anywhere or raping any clothies. ^_^

I can confirm that this works 100%. Unequipping a weapon makes you fully immune to the disarm/deaggro. Previously we double-tanked thieves and casters occasionally pulled and bit it; now a weaponless solo bear holds rock solid aggro.

Ignore lacerate, its complete shit in terms of aggro generation. I've tanked most bosses in karazhan and my dpsers have been able to go all out without pulling aggro once. The best bet is to keep spamming maul / swipe / mangle - demo shouting when it expires.

I can confirm that this works 100%. Unequipping a weapon makes you fully immune to the disarm/deaggro. Previously we double-tanked thieves and casters occasionally pulled and bit it; now a weaponless solo bear holds rock solid aggro.

A warrior with a weapon chain or disarm immunity gloves/talents stops it as well.

Haha, I never thought of that one.

Ignore lacerate, its complete shit in terms of aggro generation. I've tanked most bosses in Nax and my dpsers have been able to go all out without pulling aggro once. The best bet is to keep spamming maul / swipe / mangle - demo shouting when it expires.

Well, math disagrees with you on this.

Lacerate when stacked to 5 is (155*1.1*1.3) = 221.65 damage per tic. "Rolling" it only allows for 4 tics so it's 886.6 damage per application. (886.6 + 106) * 1.45 = 1439.27 threat per application when rolling a 5 stack. Factor in your miss/parry/dodge rate (16.8%) and you're looking at 1197.5 threat for 13 rage, or 92 TPR.

Even with absurd AP/Crit (3500 AP, 40% Crit) Swipe only works out to be 75 TPR. Maul itself doesn't add very much threat above auto attacks, and actually gets worse TPR as you increase your AP when you factor in the lost rage from white damage (it's around 60 TPR at 2k AP 30% Crit with a true rage cost of 18.5) So in rage dry scenarios it's terrible.