Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narcosleepy

Cataclysm Warrior Changes

561 posts in this topic

Sounds just like synced white hits only consuming one charge of Flurry. That's because the server doesn't/can't catch this multiple events in a rather small period of time and interprets it as one single event.

WoL shows two entries for attacks that hit with both weapons (Raging Blow, Whirlwind), one for the MH, the other for the OH. And I'm guessing Teddy was referring to Battle Trance stacking with IR, which it should, unlike Deadly Calm.

Actually he had it right, I saw Inner Rage and believed that we had both (Which would be a tad ridiculous).

So currently, I stacked hit to the 24% cap and then reforged what i had left to haste for maxmium rage generation. I'm able to hit heroic strike literally every time. So I'm wondering if, at 85, am I going to want to keep the cap and massively stack haste? Then I can keep the rotation and dance with IR. Or do I want to keep my rage generation at a certain point and then get mastery/crit? I think we'll have to wait and see but I'm throwing the question out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Also. Will mastery affect inner rage? We know it affects RB and DW, if it affects IR, it might be even better, especially when you have massive rage generation. (Dancing with a buffed IR sounds pretty awesome. Especially if it lowers the penalty)

So currently, I stacked hit to the 24% cap and then reforged what i had left to haste for maxmium rage generation. I'm able to hit heroic strike literally every time. So I'm wondering if, at 85, am I going to want to keep the cap and massively stack haste? Then I can keep the rotation and dance with IR. Or do I want to keep my rage generation at a certain point and then get mastery/crit? I think we'll have to wait and see but I'm throwing the question out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Since we won't reach 24% hit for at least a year after cataclysm launched we can sure wait until we have to answer that question.

€:

Also. Will mastery affect inner rage?

Currently it does not and I doubt it will, since Inner Rage is totally independent of Enrage effects.

I've noticed a bug, or at least what seems to be a bug. Recklessness doesn't seem to be using charges appropriately.

I'm noticing something similar while testing on test dummy. Raging Blow isn't consuming charges of recklessness, but raging blow seems to consume incite. Anyone seeing same/different?

(this is on live)

I'm noticing something similar while testing on test dummy. Raging Blow isn't consuming charges of recklessness, but raging blow seems to consume incite. Anyone seeing same/different?

(this is on live)

I just field tested this and it didn't seem to react to Incite either. I'm curious if RB is just bugged in regards to not working with Recklessness, as I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

Raging Blow still also costs full rage when it is avoided (only supposed to cost 20%), i.e. a dodged BT will only cost 4 rage. It's a newer ability, so there's probably some bugs on oversight. There's a lot of hidden functions for each ability.

I got a concern with the 4.0.3a prot changes:

we will convert overflow of block + avoidance that exceeds 100% into critical block chance instead.

Isn't the avoidance cap against bosses 102.4? Does it mean that we will always get a full hit with 2.4% chance even if we would have enough avoidance to reduce it by at least 30%?

I got a concern with the 4.0.3a prot changes:

Isn't the avoidance cap against bosses 102.4? Does it mean that we will always get a full hit with 2.4% chance even if we would have enough avoidance to reduce it by at least 30%?

On your character sheet you need 102.4%.

On the boss's combat table, it will still read to the game as 100%. It is likely that the paper doll will reflect the total avoidance past 100, and the conversion from block to critical block will happen behind the scenes during actual combat.

I think that we can model Flurry downtime as the chance to have three white non-crits in a row and the chance to have X yellow non crits in a row. Where:

X is the average number of yellow swings during the period of three white swings,

C is crit rate:

E(Flurry uptime) = 1 - (1-C)^3 * (1-C)^X = 1 - (1-C)^(3+X)

This is ignoring per ability crit buff chances (like glyph of Slam)

flurryuptime.png

The unlabeled legend on the right side is supposed to identify each line by a haste value. The band of different values for a given crit percentage represents haste values from 0 to 90%. I made some assumptions to graph this, that Flurry was up 100% (for the purposes of white swing speed,) and that there is one yellow swing per second. So IRL the left part of the graph will be a bid higher (but barely, I think, because crit is clearly the dominant term in the function.)

Notably, at low values of crit 5% crit provides a lot of haste due to increased flurry uptime.

Edit: added the last three sentences, clarified stuff.

Am I interpreting those coloured lines properly to see that haste is reducing flurry uptime?

EDIT: I guess that makes sense as your Yellows Per Second aren't increasing with the haste.

ATTENTION

Just a friendly reminder to anyone who hasn’t caught the announcement post that’s been globally stickied on the boards: Most of the current threads on this and other class-specific boards are going to be locked in approximately 24 hours to make room for the shiny new Cataclysm era. If you have any last-minute posts you’d like to add or discussions you’d like to wrap up, now is the time to do so.