This is far from comprehensive, but should address some questions/general concerns. Feel free to PM me if you want something added here.
The basic Restoration build goes like this:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
There is a lot of subjectivity with the following talents:
- Revitalize: 1 point is mandatory, 2 might be preferred, 3 seems to be overkill at least during WOTLK
- Nature's Cure: This is something you should discuss with your raid leader, personally I took it, but it's reasonable in a level 80 spec that you skip it
- Blessing of the Grove: Depends on how you spend the rest of your talent points, it is not a bad talent, but at level 80 it's not a mandatory talent
- Swift Rejuvenation: Currently bugged, so either you take 2/2 and rely on the talent, or take 0/2 and rely on your haste. WHATEVER YOU DO 1/2 IS BUGGED DO NOT DO IT. To check your GCD
/run local start, duration = GetSpellCooldown("Rejuvenation") print(duration)
- Fury of Stormrage/Malfurion's Gift: Generally deemed to not be worth it, especially in a level 80 build, you'll get more mana conservation with Revitalize/Furor and Fury of Stormrage is obviously terrible.
- Furor (Feral): A good source of additional MP5 if by some weird way you are having mana issues.
- Nature's Grace: Up to you, the live version does not trigger on Resto spells, so it can be annoying to work with.
- You should reforge as much crit to haste as you can, with the goal after gemming to be around 1016. Rejuvs ticks are still a shade buggy with regard to how many you get.
- Reforging Spirit into Crit is not a bad idea provided your mana seems to be okay.
- Meta of choice seems to be Insightful, which means you'll need a blue gem. Some folks are doing Nightmare's Tear to cover the blue, personally I went with Spirit/Haste green gem to get me over the cap, but whatever works for you.
- The moonkin idol is better since it has haste. You may care to swap out for now.
- Swift Rejuvenation as explained above. We may not see this fixed until release.
- There is a delay in refreshing LB stacks with Nourish, don't cut it too close. We may not see this fixed until release.
- Tree breaks on balance spells that are not outlined in the tooltip, this is fixed on Beta, so plan on it being fixed for live.
Currently people are finding:
- Lifebloom stacks can be refreshed with LB given the overload of mana, Nourish is not finding a tremendous amount of use presently.
- HT is generally still only paired with NS, but with the current state of Beta this will likely change going into Cataclysm.
- You should be using Rejuvenation very heavily currently, you have essentially unlimited mana and there is no reason not to.