Originally formed shortly after release of the Burning Crusade, we've been slaying dragons across 3 servers first under the Alliance banner, and now as Horde. We are a 'semi-hardcore' guild, with a fairly relaxed 4-day raiding schedule, but a focused approach towards progression with little patience for keyturners and fire-eaters. We also have a strong PvP following in our guild, and a lot of alts to do stuff with on the offdays. We keep our roster as tight as possible, and we never recruit bench-warmers - if your application is accepted, you can count on getting to do stuff with us.
1-2 Healers - any class
1-2 DPS - Hunter / Warlock / Paladin / Shaman / DK
Possibly a Protection Paladin
Halfus Wyrmbreaker HC
Loot Council, switching to rolls with a bit of 'common sense' on top of it once content stops being relevant. (IE, ICC after patch 4.0). Loot is awarded based on attendance, time since last item received, and majority of the upgrade in question.
What we expect from you
- Perfect knowledge of your character - you shouldn't need to ask what to gem or if X is good for Y spec. Discussions in gchat/forums are of course acceptable, but don't expect people to babysit you over your homework
- Knowledge of the encounters we're doing - if this isn't the first pull on a boss we're doing ever, there's going to be a thread discussing it on our forums (and more likely than not, plenty more of these around the internet). Being clueless is not cool
- Time-management skills. We don't require you to attend every single raid (although an attendance of around 80% IS expected); you should however be able to notify in advance if you aren't going to be available
- Being the first one to tell us if you mess up, and how you will improve it. If the raid wipes because someone stepped on a shadowtrap, we expect the said someone to be the first to own up to it
- Having some sort of a personality. Seriously, mute raidloggers aren't welcome
What you can expect from us
- A lively guild in and out of raiding hours, with plenty of jokes and out of WoW gaming going on
- Consistent PvE progress, clearing all content and completing all relevant achievements at a good pace
- A positive atmosphere in raids, where locks are laughed at, not yelled at for pulling aggro (I mean c'mon, it's not like you could've known you're in the danger zone after the first five 100k crits)
- A solid PvP following, with premades happening on most days, and numerous gladiator-ranked players in our ranks
- Lots of altoholics to level / raid with during offtimes
- 24/7 access to a larger than it'll ever need to be Vent server for whatever needs you may have
- Respect for your RL commitements. You may be demoted to Casual for prolonged periods of inactivity, however we'll always find a way to get an ex-raider back into action, and we will never, ever gkick someone due to lack of raiding
You can find more information about our guild and leave an application at Eminence, Auchindoun EU - private applications can be sent via a PM either here, to me, or to Az on our guild's forum.