[Alliance][Burning Legion] <No Contest> Open Recruitment 25-man 1/13 H
Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:23 PM
Who We Are<No Contest> is a new guild, founded at the end of Wrath going into Cataclysm. We are a collection of individuals who have played WoW for varying lengths of time and are good at what we do. We strive for excellence while respecting that everyone of our raiders does indeed have a life to attend to. WoW should be relaxing rather than stressful.
What We DoWith that being said, we accomplish in two days what most guilds take four days to do. We are a no non-sense get shit done kind of guild. We enjoy sharing jokes, poking fun at one another, and just overall having a good time. However, there is no room in our raids for incompetence. Here at <No Contest>, we raid to win.
Why We Do ItThose in a leadership roll at <No Contest> are there for a reason. We have all at one point either led a guild or led a raid. Whether it be Burning Crusade, Wrath, or Vanilla, all of your leaders at <No Contest> have been there and done it. We know what it takes to be successful and are willing to teach you, as long as you are willing to learn.
When We Do ItWe raid on Tuesday and Wednesday starting at 6:30pm CST and go to 11:00pm CST. We also have a third reserve day that runs on Saturday at 11:00 pm CST to whenever we finish what we are doing. This third day is not optional, but it is only scheduled if needed.
Any and all applicants of <No Contest> should posses the following characteristics in one shape or form.
1. Communicator : We love to recruit people who have the ability to communicate well and express themselves in a clear and concise manner, whether it be posting on the forums or speaking in vent. Inaccurate/inappropriate communication between raiders and officers has the potential to cause many problems within the guild.
2. Self-Motivated : A good recruit never hesitates in taking responsibility. He/She is also ready to go beyond the call of duty in order to meet goals or solve problems. They do this even if they have not been asked to do so. Distinguish yourself from the rest of the group, and just rewards will follow.
3. Hard Worker : There is no substitute for hard work. Although everyone seems to say they work hard, not many keep on working after being a member of <No Contest> for a while. This is one reason why our roster always stays below 100 people. So, one should continue to remind oneself about the importance and significance of working hard as a recruit/raider.
4. Adaptable/Decisive and Effective Learner : Recruits who know how to adjust themselves to a new environment, who are willing to lean new things, and perform their best in changes are likely to be the best recruits/raiders in this guild.
5. Team Player : Many guilds consist of a team. Any guild requires an effective team effort. A recruit who can contribute is an ideal recruit. Someone who is a "fish in water" and can perform well with the group will become and integral part of our community and raid in due time.
6. Helping Others : Everyone appreciates a helping hand every now and then. Do no hesitate in helping out others. This enables the recruit to establish friendly relations with his/her guild mates and keeps the guild running smoothly, which in turn is appreciated by your officers and the GM.
7. Honesty : A good recruit is honest about his/her experience and qualifications. Self criticism and willing to receive feedback is essential to becoming a good learner.
8. Ethical : Guild rules are made to be followed. there is decorum of every guild that ought to be kept. A good recruit follows the policies of the guild and inspires others to do so too.
9. Give Credit Where It Is Due : One of the most prevalent practices in guild today is stealing credit for a job well done. A good recruit will not only truthfully let the right guild mate have his/her credit but will also share their own accolades with their guild.
10. Polite : Being friendly and approachable will never harm. A good recruit greets his/her guild mates properly, also saying little courteous things like "thank you" and "you are welcome". These things may appear insignificant, but go a long way in establishing the recruit as a favored one.
11. Disciplined and Punctual : Every GM loves a punctual, disciplined, and conscientious recruit. Time is money. Coming late to a raid, taking unnecessary break, not knowing strategies, and having to leave early costs time for the guild. No GM will ever appreciate this.
12. Avoid Gossip : The recruit should always remember that he/she came to the guild to raid, and make a difference. Do not spread guild gossip or rumors. Respect the privacy of your guild mates. Safe guard and protect the confidential nature of guild business.
Aside from these traits, we also expect you to show up on time, be prepared, be repaired, have food, have flasks, and any other things deemed necessary to raid at a higher level. There is no room for slack, so please do not bring any.
As many of you know, the responsibility of a raider on an individual basis has exponentially increased. Situational awareness, damage mitigation, and survival is the responsibility of ALL raiders. If you have not adapted to the play style introduced in Cataclysm, you may want to refrain from submitting an application. Raids in general are no place for baby sitting, and ours are definitely not.
We are specifically searching for a couple of healers and any types of ranged and melee DPS. All exceptional applicants will be reviewed and considered.
How to Apply
Visit ncguild.enjin.com and submit an application. Applications are not public, so feel free to apply without fear of retribution from your current guild.
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to read a little about us, and I hope that you take an equally descriptive approach when telling us about you. Also, feel free to whisper Wakarathe, Envvyy, or Pooksie with any questions or concerns.
Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:02 AM
Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:07 PM
Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:03 PM
Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:52 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users