Looking for DPS for our 25-man raids, M/W/Su 7:30 to 10:30 Pacific time for an adult, no-drama guild. We are in 1/13 hard modes and are currently working heroic Atramedes.
With the introduction of Cataclysm, many guilds have disbanded or re-prioritized themselves into 10-man raiding guilds. Even if Blizzard pretends that 10s and 25s are the same, we all know that true progression raiding at the epic scale still lies in 25-man raiding. And now, you have a unique opportunity to join the only active 25-man Horde progression raiding guild on Draka (PvE)!
<Wolves of War> is an established, respected, 9-hour, three-night raiding guild for adults 21 and over, with a primary focus on 25-man content in an efficient, abbreviated schedule of 3 raids a week (9 hours a week).
We are not a casual raiding guild, but a fun and stable, no-nonsense, no-drama group. Together for several years, our focus on community and performance sets us as the top Horde guild on our server even with our small time window. We take raiding seriously, but not ourselves.
We're looking for a special kind of player--someone who is mature and fun, but can also work their class like a pro with real focus and preparation.
- DPS: High. Particularly interested in balance druids, death knights, elemental shamans, ret paladins, and shadow priests.
We always welcome exceptional players in all roles. We are not specifically looking for tanks, for DPS or healers with viable off-tank is fine.
- Wednesday, Sunday , and Monday
- Raid invites: 7:10 p.m. PST (9:10 p.m. CST)
- 7:30 to 10:30 PST (9:30 to 12:30 server, CST). We start and end promptly.
As of June 21, we are currently at 12/12 (4/13 hard mode). Progression highlights:
- Conclave of Winds (25; Al'akir on 10-man)
- Blackwing Descent: 6/6 (25), as well as heroic Maloriak, Magmaw, Atremedes, and Chimaeron
- Bastion of Twilight: 4/4 (25, including heroic Halfus
- TB: Argaloth (25)
- Pre-Wrath: 11/12 ICC Hard Modes (incl Glory of the Icecrown Raider, 3 Shadowmournes)
- Pre-Wrath: 5/5 in TOGC (incl A Tribute to Mad Skill)
- Be geared to contribute. We are now well into normal mode raids and most of our members are averaging 359 ilevel gear. We would ask that applicants be as close to this as possible in PvE gear.
- Know your class inside and out. Be willing to learn a new role as raids dictate. Veteran raiders preferred, though extensive raiding experience on a different class/spec is still a plus. If you haven't read an EJ thread on your class, we are not for you.
- Have a good attitude and carry yourself with some semblance of maturity. Sense of humor a plus. Maybe you also like long walks on the beach. We like piÃ±a coladas, and getting caught in the rain. That's OK, too.
- Commit to a high attendance of 80% (1 miss every 2 weeks) attendance during our 3-nights/week cycle, with advance notice of absences except in emergencies. We try to maintain an active raid roster of 35 (to ensure that we always have enough for a 25-raid); this means we almost always have a bench, and members are cycled on a rotation rather than occasionally sitting.
- Have a team player focus. We have little patience for loot bickering, whining, drama, excuses, etc. Preparedness is also a major factor; being 10 minutes early with all required addons and repaired gear to each raid is expected.
- A mature, drama-free environment
- Access to the guild bank for raid flasks
- Free armor repairs during raids for full members
- All major professions covered for access to gear, enchants, glyphs, etc.
- Light raid schedule and collegial atmosphere for off-night activities
- Vent server
- EP/GP loot system to calculate loot priorities
- Off-night guild PvP opportunities available
- Very active online forum, guild Facebook page, and guild Twitter announcements
Our raids are a fun time and aren't too serious to handle, so don't be shy. We take raiding seriously, but not ourselves.
[B]Visit our Wolves of War Web site.
[B]Click on Forums, register, and follow the application instructions.
If you want to talk to us, or you have any trouble with the Web site, contact the following officers in-game: Kanab, Lorandir, Jadu, Moonraker, or Teniblue. Hope to see you soon!