Pie Chart is, first and foremost, a semi-hardcore guild that raids four nights a week while competing for top world and US rankings in PVE content. Our goals are simple. Every member and prospective member that joins us believes in two things. Firstly, we all love to raid and we particularly enjoy raiding content when it is at its newest, freshest state. All of our members have always enjoyed the idea of competing for top end kills where we get to decide on our own strategies and tackle content long before it has been nerfed, trivialized, or demystified. To us, this is the only reason to raid, as the central component of a video game is challenge. That being said, all of our members are also people who do not have endless hours to devote to this video game, no matter how much we wish we could. So we have built an environment where we focus on maintaining the highest efficiency in raiding possible, where we can respect people's real life demands and still manage to succeed at a hobby. We like to maintain a community that is fun and friendly and diverse, one that brings various people of different walks of life to compete and succeed in a team based environment.
We raid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Invites are at 7:00 PM EST and we raid from 7:30 PM to 12:30 AM EST. If we are ever at a moment where we want to rearrange the raid schedule or extend raid times, we will consult the raid and decide on a generally democratic basis, though historically, the consensus is usually the same if we're close to a kill.
As it stands, we are now on the precipice of competing for top 10 US kills consistently. To pass this newest threshold, we are looking to solidify the core of our roster. As a player, as a member, as a raider, we expect the following things from ALL members:
- Long Term Stability and Commitment
- Respectful, Positive Attitude
- Serious, Introspective Outlook
- Collaborative Ability
- High Degree of Competitiveness
- A Stable and Responsible Life
- High Level of Competency and Skill
- Consistent Playstyle, Performance, Attendance (over 90%)
- Enthusiasm, Energy, and A Strong Sense of Personal Accountability and Devotion
To put it simply, we need someone who wants to play with us for the long haul, interested in investing themselves as fully and capably as they can, while adhering to the basic tenets by which we live and play. As a guild that raids no more than four nights a week, no more than five hours a night, we have a limited amount of time within which to accomplish the same goals as our peers who raid with similar vigor and more time. This means that our players have to be more resourceful, consistent, and energized. They must be willing to sacrifice for the team and to commit to excellency and efficiency in raid and collaborative problem solving outside of raid. They have to be interested in always making the most of every minute, by perfecting their own performance at their roles, allowing us to propel forward while using less time. Most of all, we need people who can bring this vigor while also maintaining a personality that is calm, cool, and collected. We don't do drama. This isn't a job, but it's a hobby, and we realize that every moment is precious and as such, we demand respect of each person's time.
We understand that our demands are somewhat paradoxical, as those who take the game more seriously generally are able to devote more time to it. But this is something that we have found ways to work around, and now more than ever, we are looking for a few players to integrate into our core to solidify and complete the team that we have put together.
So ask yourselves this: Are you the type of player who learns mechanics the fastest in your raids? Do you always churn out the most your role has to offer (DPS, HPS, TPS)? Do you always adapt to strategies faster than everyone around you? Do you find yourself always looking to encourage your peers, to achieve the highest level of performance out of everyone around you? Are you inspired by others and are you equally as capable of inspiring them? Do you wish you could compete on the highest level of raiding while joking around with friends, while attending to all of your real life responsibilities? Are you the type of player who rarely makes repeat mistakes? The type of person who is constantly driven by the thought of challenge, the thirst for competition, the notion of intense collaboration?
This is not only what we have to offer, but it is also our ever continuing goal. While we have achieved a great deal, we know we can do that much more with the complete roster. We want to finish assembling our dream team. Are you a part of it?
What Have We Done So Far?
Currently, we are aiming to achieve a top 10 US kill on Heroic Ragnaros (25 Player). We plan to compete furiously for an even higher ranking for the final tier of this expansion.
Our most recent, notable accomplishments include the following:
- Ranked #10th US for Tier 11 of Cataclysm
- Heroic: Majordomo Staghelm (25 Player): July 22, 2011 (14th US)
- Heroic: Baleroc (25 Player): July 21, 2011 (16th US)
- Heroic: Alysrazor (25 Player): July 13, 2011 (16th US)
- Heroic: Beth'tilac (25 Player): July 8, 2011 (13th US)
- Heroic: Al'Akir (25 Player): March 16, 2011 (10th US)
- Heroic: Sinestra (25 Player): March 10, 2011 (11th US)
- Heroic: Nefarian (25 Player): March 2, 2011 (27th US)
- Heroic: Cho'gall (25 Player): February 28, 2011 (12th US)
- Heroic: Lich King (25 Player): May 27, 2010 (19th US)
- Heroic: Professor Putricide (25 Player): March 12, 2010 (26th US)
- Heroic: Alone in the Darkness: August 17, 2009 (34th US)
- Heroic: Observed: July 30, 2009 (46th US)
We are a guild that prides itself on success with limited time. We also enjoy the fact that as we have grown steadily throughout the last few tiers, we have maintained a commitment to fun, generally keeping most of the drama, elitism, and conflict that comes with high level gaming out of our guild. We maintain a transparent environment where members get to partake in a lot of the decisions we make as a guild. If you apply and come to us, understand that you will be investing yourself in a community that will encourage your input and grow directly from the effort you make.
What We Need:
- Feral Druid / Death Knight / Warrior / Paladin (DPS /Tank): This is for two potential slots. The ideal applicant can play all roles interchangeably and has amassed great experience and skill over their time playing. We need to be able to access any of the tanking roles at any times, but furthermore, we need players who can interchange between roles constantly. As a guild that maintains a tighter roster, we need players who are capable of taking on any role at a moment's notice, given any sort of attendance or strategy related change. This means that you are able to compete as a DPS, as that will most likely be your primary role, but have the ability to tank at any given time, no matter how hard the fight may be. We need people who play melee characters flawlessly, who have a deep understanding of how to deal with the mechanics that melee see and are able to meet not only the DPS demands of their spec and role, but also the demands of utility.
- Moonkin / Warlock / Shadow Priest: We're looking to further improve our ranged DPS roster and there are two slots available between these three specs/classes. I need players who are the cream of the crop with regards to DPS output. Your rotation should be nearly second nature for you, something that you are exceedingly comfortable with and noticeably masterful at performing. You should be competitive and because of your ability, you should be able to manage all mechanics with greater ease and faster response time. Utilities for all of these classes are of the utmost importance and you should have experience with all specs and all utility based demands. I need a player who can really tap into the hybrid capabilities of their class, and as a warlock, I need them to be able to play any spec at any time, able to offer up any spec as a solution at any time. (At this point in time, we don't care if you are getting the Legendary in your guild or not. We need players and people, items aren't the entire issue here).
- Hunter: These are separate core slots for up to two trials. We need hunters who are incredibly reliable and consistent. You should have a really solid understanding of your class and a mind that ingeniously tackles each new mechanic and encounter with out of the box thinking and aggressive use of utility and class specifics. Your DPS should be strong and competitive with the best hunters out there. Your awareness should be exceedingly sharp and your performance should be consistent.
Pie Chart is a guild that intends to be as unique and innovative as possible, dedicated to the idea of cultivating a fun and fulfilling community. If you have any questions for us, feel free to contact the officers on our forums or in game.
Officers: Ashunei, Rukï¿½*a, Ados, Vudani, Pestitschek
Website: Pie Chart Guild Portal