Infraction: 8. All accounts must have a valid WoW profile.
Message to User:
The snark at the beginning was unnecessary. Keep that BS where it belongs, off these forums. Also, fix your profile or you'll be banned permanently. We do not permit anonymous posting.
Why AB spam for stacking Stolen Times isn't a good option?
- AB can't trigger Ignite
- AB can't trigger Hot Streak
- AB don't benefit from the Fire spec bonus (+25%)
If you don't have Pyro! you can't have a good Combustion.
Thank you for explaining the mage to me. I also recently noticed that AB wasnt a fire spell. Now, back on topic, I tried some very rough calculations:
Given a normal gearset, stacking up the buff should take around 13 seconds with AB. In this time as fire I would cast ~6 fireballs and a HS-Pyro, adding up to a generous value of 350.000 DMG. I would have triggered my Combustion at ~3 Stacks of my setbonus, resulting in a CD-reduction of 10 seconds.
Casting the 10 Arcane Blasts during this time would get me ~200.000 DMG. I would have 10 stacks of my setbonus, resulting in a CD-reduction of 50 seconds. Taking another few seconds to ramp um a combustion reduces this to effectively ~38 seconds.
This means I have to weigh the ~150.000 DMG lost against the value of having:
- Combustion available ~28 seconds earlier the second time.
- Reliably having stacking trinkets activated for Combustion (relevant in this content).
- Proccing trinkets might go either way, proccing the first 10 seconds (bad) or after (good).
- Having the 500 haste available during Combustion, gaining either 1 tick (if you dont have 2005 on gear) or freeing up 500 haste to be reforged (if you have them right now).
- Apart from Combustion, higher uptime of the bonus, slightly increasing the value of the 2pc.
This so far is radically speculative. My guess would be that it would likely be valuable if 28-30 seconds less CD on Combustion actually gain you another cast of Combustion, this obviously depending on fight length. Also, 500 statpoints freed up in a way seem decent. Stacking again after the initial Combustion would obviously be less effective, unless bad RNG doesnt let you stack the buff till the cooldown comes up again.