Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.
Message to User:
This is very bloggy/borderline whiny. Please avoid posts of this nature it's really not useful.
Here's a list of what I actually knows as broken on the Frost spec's:
- Both critical rating and haste rating can be capped, making Mastery rating the only useful stat.
- Tier 13's bonus with 4 pieces is bugged. Icy Veins don't reset correctly the Stolen Times's buff.
- DTR's proc is partially broken. It take 2 FoF's stack to take it into account, one for the spell and one for DTR. If there's only one FoF, the spell will use it (Criting and using Mastery) but the DTR's proc don't benefice from it (normal damage, no mastery).
There's other things that can't be considered as broken. But they have an impact on the game-play:
- AOE's damage because Blizzard don't use FoF.
- Movement DPS because there's nothing to proc FoF and/or Brain Freeze apart from a 25s cooldown.
- Range why Frost is the only spec capped at 35 yards ?
We can thinking of some way to fixing or improve the spec, like making Piercing Chill to cleave, buffing the DOT of FFB, making it proc from stacking the slowing debuff, improve Deep Freeze immunity, et cetera.
Like Kuni from MMO-champion's forum, I think that the PVP argument and the better survivability is just excuse for not saying that the dev are on MoP and that they don't want to make effort on working on it. It's only fact.
Like some of us, I support the Frost spec even if we are obligated to play Fire and arcane for raiding. I do it since Woltk.
In conclusion, apart from a Christmas gift in the 4.3.2, I will follow what is proposed for MoP and play Fire.