Infraction: Multiple Violations
Message to User:
This is an ugly post to read. Too many quotes, less than ideal punctuation and capitalization, poor or no justification for your arguments, and saying "fo sho" or even just "^^^^". Also, you acted like a dick. We expect better from our posters.
Following my #82 post.
First of all, I'm not a druid hater, I've rolled druid since forever but you have to acknowledge certain things, like we are hands down the best OTs. Obviously I understand the hate since I'm posting on a Druid forumâ€¦ I have a pally, DK and druid to which I've taken through normal DS and my druid and DK through some H DS fightsâ€¦ so I'm not talking out of my ass.
Passive overall mitigation:
- Bears have 18% (overall dmg reduction) plus 6% (spell damage reduction), all from talents.
- Pallies have 10% (overall dmg reduction from talents).
- DKs have 14% overall dmg reduction. 8% from Blood presence, 6% from barrier. Plus Rune on weapon for parry, stamina/armor or spell reduction dmg.
- Warriors get 10% from defensive stance.
From passive, Bears look like the clear winners. But I think controlling spikes of damage (both from physical and spell) is more important for survivability than passive mitigation IN MOST FIGHTS. CDs are similar between tanks with a few differences that make all the difference.
For controlling spikes of damage vs physical damage Pallies are best with their CTC and warriors block, shield wall, shield block?? (I'm not a big fan of warriors nor have tanked with one end game, ever).
DKs control when to use their bloodshields and bloodshield stacks.
Druids have the highest avoidance (on chance) and SD (on chance) procs more often than Bloodshield, and could have the most health of all tanks if gemmed/chanted accordingly.
For controlling spikes of spell damage Dks are the best with AMS (75% reduction), boneshield (longest lasting 20% CD in most cases), IBF (50% reduction) plus all the self healing CDsâ€¦ lichborne, ghoul sac, rune tap, Death strike, VB (1min CD).
Pallies have their glyphed DP for 40% reduction, GOTFK 50%, AD 20%.
Druids with their biggest passive plus Barkskin 20%, SI 50%.
Warriors shield block 20% spell reduction, â€¦. fill in.
Now talking more about each boss and I'll leave out warriors since I don't know much about them:
- Morchok is 90% physical, 10% spell dmg if you take a crystal. The best tank vs physical are Pallies with their CTC and with enough CDs (more than a druid) to weather the stomps and their 50% dmg taken increase afterwards. Between druids and DKs is extremely close, but DKs have all their self-healing plus can time their DS and it stacks, it doesn't only refresh. On the other hand SD procs a lot more often and Druids have the highest Avoidance.
The druid 4set is far better for this fight followed by the DK 4set.
- Yor'sahj - Refer to my reply to Szynszyla.
- Zon'ozz - Pally/DK>Druid/Warrior
- Hagara - It's just about dealing with FA and I think all tanks can easily. Minor differences here. As far as raid utility having the Druid 4set for Lightning phase and the roar for ice helps a ton!
- Ultaxion - About 60% physical, 40% shadow.
Dks can AMS every HoT and can use the IBF, Boneshield and everything else for inbetween tanking which makes them take very little dmg.
Pallies can use glyphedDP every HoT and same as above.
Druid have to use the SI on every other HoT and their barkskin on every HoT.
On Heroic they can all use their biggest CD for every HoTâ€¦
- Blackhorn - Pally>DK>Druid
- Spine - Pally>Druid>DK
- Madness - Refer to my reply to Szynszyla.
I think you're wrong. A druid having the 2 set gives you 100% chance to trigger savage defence if you crit with mangle when you have pulverize up. Myself got 47% crit with with 3 apps of lacerate then pulverize, which give me almost 50% to trigger Savage defence. Also we're having sick dodge compared to other classes.
I think you are partially wrong, SD's Still is on a chance proc and not a given, plus it refreshes but doesn't stack. Dodge is pretty sick tho
So while Druids are not last in any tanking situation (so I disagree with post #82), they also don't stand out.
It's all situational, depending who plays the class, the comp, the difference between tanks is very small.
That, and the fact that Druids are superior OTs that can add very valuable DPS in especially a 10man setting make them much better offtanks than main tanks (enjoy while it lasts)
Yor'sahj -> Druids just behind DK. Highest HP possible, lowest possible magical damage taken due natural reaction. Especially for 10mans, dk/druid > pal/war by mile when you solo tank.
aSpine -> depends on the duty... again highest armor/dodge and natural reaction.
Madness HC -> Impale, guess who takes least dmg from impale, yes druid. Highest armor, natural reaction, barskin + SI. Phase 2 is a bit different, but the dot is physical (?), so again we take least.
- Yors'sahj DKs will always be better but followed by Pallies, not Druids "depending on the comp." The healing from unglyphed FR and LoTP can come from a feral cat too.
- Madness DKs>Pallies>druids>Warriors, that's the best you'll get from me. Read the CD list up there and Can't tell me druids are better for either phase.
Phase 1: Impale- Pallies GOTFK, AD. DKs DS stacking, Boneshield, IBF, self healing CDs (read above).
Burning Blood - Pallies glyphedDP. DKs AMS.
Phase 2: Tetanus (all shadow damage) - Pallies glyphedDP, DKs AMS. Plus all their other CDs. (read above).
Still a bunch of crap and nonsense right?
Phase 2 is a bit different, but the dot is physical (?) so again we take least.
bunch of crap and nonsense.
At the end of the day it's what makes up the best comp and has the highest survivabilityâ€¦ provided the player playing the tank doesn't stink. I am not stating that there are huge differences on tank survivability on EVERY FIGHT. In most of them the differences are tiny.