The Wiki for Resto Shaman is now live and available at the
Theorycrafting Think Tank: http://elitistjerks....an_restoration/
Thanks to all who helped with editing and refining the article, especially Daidalos, Malan and Binkenstein.
The Theorycrafting Think Tank is designed to be the definitive source of information. Post there only if you have a correction or update.
If you have a question, or want to discuss an idea, you can still post in this thread.
I have removed most of the information in the first post of â€œHow to Heal Like a Pro,â€ since it duplicates what is in the Wiki.
Latest Wiki Updates (8/22/2008):
- Added chart listing average stats for shaman at pre-Kara through Sunwell
- Added chart to totem section showing how much dodge tanks gain from Grace of Air
- Added new macro for removing poisons and diseases (Thanks TranquilRage)
- Clarified that threat received from Earth Shield healing is divided evenly among all mobs present.
- Updated tables with revised values for healing spells from Daidalos' spreadsheet
- Added link to haste mechanics thread
- Added links to chardev.org for Best in Slot and Haste sets. Updated haste set.
- Added to Best in Slot list (if no DPS caster needs)
- Added to section on Spell Hit for Interrupts (Thanks Espera!)
- Patch 2.4.3 removed the ability to swap relics in combat on every spell cast via macros due to the following change:
Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
- Updates Useful Links & Addons to include GridStatusChainRule. Removed outdated addons.
- Updates spell haste section with haste needed to reduce Chain Heal cast times
- Updates formula for downranking penalty to (Level Learned + 11)/70
- Updates proc rate to 3.85% on and notes it has a 15-second hidden cooldown
- Adds to best in slot
- Includes nerf to Tier 2 in Patch 2.4.2
- Added both haste and mp5 trinkets from M'uru
- Fixed some minor typos and made other corrections
- Chain Heal: Effect on Fire and Earth Elementals
- Consumables: Superior Wizard Oil and Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Trinkets: List of combinations to super charge your Earth Shield and Healing Stream totem
- Patch 2.4.2 change to Tier 2 set bonsuses
- Relic swapping
Before making a new post, read the Wiki in the Theorycrafting Think Tank. Many questions are answered there.
When replying to a post, please just donâ€™t give you opinion. Support your argument with facts, figures and WWS links.
Iâ€™ve been specing X-X-X and have seen a significant increase in DPS by the hunters and feral druid in my group. Is it worth giving up [random talent] to boost DPS?
What do you think of my spec? Can I get some feedback?
I think [random trinket] could be really good trinket for shaman. I looked at my WWS from last nightâ€™s raid and it appears to proc off each jump of chain heal, which would mean it procs 6% of the time, not 2%. Here's a link to the report. Anyone else notice this?
Can you guys comment on my gear?
Should I regem my shoulders with spinels?
Allows comparison of gear based on talents, buffs, etc.
Healing Calcs by Daidalos
RestoShammySpells by Boko
Calculates Avg. Healed, HPS, HPM, MP5 spent for each heal. In addition the real HPS depending on current MP5/Manapool/Time of fight calculated for each spell.
Wrath of the Lich King
Discussion of new talents can be found here: http://elitistjerks....ion/#post780593
Resto Shaman changes in Patch 2.4.3
- Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress. The change will probably impact those using the mod CasterWeaponSwapper to optimize their Spell Surge enchant. In addition, it will end the ability to relic swap on every spell cast. The following type of macro will now cancel the heal in progress.
/cast Chain Heal
Resto Shaman changes in Patch 2.4.2
- Ten Storms Set: The Chain Heal bonus from this set has been reduced to 5%, down from 30%. Tier 2 gear is now worthless for healing in BC.
- buffed with an extra +7 Stamina and +18 healing, making it equivalent to the leather version
- nerfed to +22 Stamina and +21 Intellect (previously +34 Stamina and +29 Intellect). Healing and haste values unchanged.
Resto Shaman changes in Patch 2.4
- Global cooldown on dropping totems reduced from 1.5 s to 1 s.
- Spell haste on healing gear will be more useful. Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.
- Totem UI allows individual totems to be destroyed, and is accessible through the API for macros/mods.
- Earth Shield: Mana cost reduced roughly in half (450 mana instead of 900 mana), and charges reduced from 10 to 6. Each charge will cost 16.7% less mana to cast but you will have to cast the shield 40% more often.
- Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.
- Archonâ€™s Gavel will be an alternative for shaman who don't have .
- You will no longer have to remember to retrain Earth Shield if you respect. Characters will now retain talented spell ranks so when they retalent they do not have to relearn the spells from trainers.
- Fixing . Unlike all the other relics, this one was being applied after talents and set bonuses. It will not be correctly applied before talents and set bonuses. So, instead of saving 19 mana per Chain Heal (17 mana with Tier 6) you will now save 20 mana.