Infraction: Post Signing
Message to User:
No need to sign your posts. Thanks.
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions, but first a bit of background. Recently, the guild I was in broke up and I was given the opportunity to try out as a dps warrior in a full-BC-clearing guild. I had not played fury spec since level 60, so immediately came here to learn what I can about itemization, "cycles", etc. I played around a little bit with the DPS spreadsheet, and grinded on some mobs, did a pug gruul's, and was thrown into the fray basically immediately.
Last night we cleared all of Hyjal and up to Teron in BT. I was present for all of hyjal except the kill pass on archi, when I was switched out with a decurser. I was only switched in for Teron in BT. Without further ado here are some WWS's (I'm only going to link a few that I'll explain later):
Rage Winterchill: Wow Web Stats
Azgalor: Wow Web Stats
3rd try (wipe) Archimonde: WWS Loading...
Teron: Wow Web Stats
Again, let me restate that before last night, I had set foot in hyjal once (for rage, as a tank), and never been inside BT before.
My armory is: The World of Warcraft Armory (its showing I have dual mongoose I think; I have 20str on my offhand atm)
Here are my questions/comments:
- Before you start laughing at my sad dps, please understand that my first priority on these was to not get killed and look like a noob! DPS was a distant second in my mind.
- My spreadsheet (from the warrior DPS spreadsheet thread) says that with the group I was in, my DPS should be on the order of 1050dps. I'm not really sure how it handles heroism/haste pots, but if I check those it goes up to around 1150dps. I assume that second DPS number is the DPS while those are active. However, on 2 fights I had over 1200dps. Are other people seeing discrepancies like this, or am I perhaps not inputing my numbers correctly?
- There has been talk about my current guild's raid-wide dps as being sub-par, so if the total dps on fights is low, its an overall raid thing.
- As far as I know curse of recklessness is not used. I have that it helps a lot, however I don't really want to bring this up as I'm just an app. Is there perhaps a particular post/thread that explains the benefits of CoR?
- Most of my fury gear was attained through kara, ZA random rolls, and what we used to call "offspec rolls", where tanks would just free roll plate dps pieces if our fury warrior wasn't around. My main concern at the moment are my boots and my romulo's poison vial. Would it be a good idea to perhaps take the season 3 pvp reward boots? or just wait for a drop? Re: my trinket, would it be worth farming BM for hourglass, or should I try to get in on more ZA clears for beserker's?
- One of the druids was specced balance, and has imp.FF, but when I look at debuffs on the bosses, I don't see that debuff listed. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right location? I can't believe he wouldn't do that, I know him from my previous guild and he's a good player. But is it possible he wasn't applying FF? Obviously 3% additional hit is very important.
- My last question is regarding my "recklessness". On trash pulls, after the 2nd boss or so, I started to get more comfortable with AoEing more, so I started switching cleave in for HS, and using sweeping strikes as much as possible. As a fury warrior, what kind of emphasis should I put on staying alive versus doing as much damage as possible? Obviously, on bosses, I don't want to die to stupid things (like sitting in a fire on archimonde), but should I really go balls-out for almost everything else and trust my healers?
- Forgot to add this, so editing: Right now I have 2 slow swords. I'm at work now so I can't check what the spreadsheet would say, but would it be worth checking out grabbing sword spec? (and obviously for 1 more point, deathwish). 5% extra attack with 2 weapons, although the offhand takes the damage penalty. I would have to drop rampage, imp. zerker stance, and some points in imp. DW that I currently have. Would the loss of these outweigh the gains from deathwish and sword spec?
Thanks for any replies/criticisms/suggestions, this is a great warrior resource and I have already been spreading the word!