Infraction: General Idiocy
Message to User:
And you need to brush up on how to post without splitting up a quote like it was string cheese.
Which earlier comments?
You were saying you don't consider CoH to be that great in BT, just a situationally useful accessory heal.
2 points of crit increase the value of CoH by 0.6%. If you hit a 5th target its 25% increase. If you hit a 4th target its a 33% increase. If you hit a 3rd target its a 50% increase. If I hit an extra target every 10 CoHs that improves CoH by 2-3%. Its a no brainer.Its not a question of need. Mulrocs do break off and go for someone who has to move to avoid them or get to them (melee, AE mages), people are coming up from graves. The raid naturally spreads out. When I hit my CoH button on a group that contains a tank or offtank I want it to hit everyone including the offtank. When it contains a melee group with a hunter I want it to hit the hunter too.
- Why do you need to spread out for Morogrim's murlocs? What exactly does that do for you?
- Is CoH even useful at all for FLK? I guess I've never found a situation to use it in because the raidwide damage is extremely random and rarely do I see more than 3 people in the same group take a hit from a totem or Caribdis's AoE. Shamans are by far and away much more effective raid healers here, and you'd be better off having your priests on the tanks or the MT's healers.
CoH is 10-15% of your effective healing but only if you have 2/2 HR. If you dont its a waste of mana. When the raid comes to caribdis, when DPSing down FLK at the end and when you are assigned to healing the tank healers, CoH is an excellent tool. I dont agree are shamans are more effective. I maintain higher HPS than our shaman when I am on caribdis. I have even done it with a fury warrior tanking her, if you know what I mean.
- Leo - why the heck should the melee group need healing to begin with? If they're alert, they shouldn't get hit. And once they get hit, targeted Renews are so much more effective than CoH because of the DoT nature of Rend.
Because they can stay and DPS instead. Our melee DPS can stay and DPS until WW starts, because we can heal them through the bleed. I CoH/PoM while they are close then roll renews and gheal when they drift apart. I got 100k from PoM alone last night. We had lots of melee.
- Does anyone use CoH for Vashj at all? I don't see it possibly being useful given the nature of that fight. Maybe it's nice for topping the melee group off if Vashj CLs them?
I got 550k effective healing over a 10 minute fight last time I was on vasjh (those who know the fight can appreciate the enormity of this number - its the only time I ever got a screenshot of my recount report). Top heals Gheal, PoM, CoH and renew. Unlike any other healer I was in a position to cover 85%+ of the raid (CoH with 2/2 HR + PoM). I use CoH on both the melee and the raid in all 3 phases. With holy reach it covers a 3rd of a platform, if the arrangement is right, CoH works really well with forked lightning, because it covers pretty much the same area and it allows you to heal people ourside gheal/FH range. I can pretty much cover the whole platform. P3 is nearly all out CoH/pom spam. CoH is not usefull for forked lightning on melee, with rare exceptions.
- A'lar: the AoE damage in this fight is so trivial that you don't need CoH to raid heal at all. Yeah, it's useful I guess, but I really doubt it matters what you do in this situation or how you're specced.
More healing is more healing.
Besides, I was talking mainly about Holy Reach in BT, given the context of the poster who asked about it.
I am not in a position to discuss BT.
I think you need to brush up your geometry. With CoH as with all AoE spells its area that matters. Bigger radius covers a ring around the original circle, because that ring is at the edge it covers a lot more space than a ring close to the center. Your targets are spread in 3D not in 2D. Holy reach allows you to spread a group over a 44% larger area. It makes the spell more flexible and gives your raid leader a great deal more leeway with positioning. In order for you to get better results than crit you only need to hit one additional target every 30 CoH.