For my test, I used x2 because of its speed. My dagger weapon skill is maxed out at 400, and I did not equip any proc based effects of any sort. All attacks were made against the Heroic Training Dummy in Stormwind.
My stats were as follows:
258 hit rating (7.87% physical, 9.84% spell)
18.03% character sheet crit chance, 4.57% spell crit chance
8 expertise (2.00%)
I made a total of 11,500 autoattacks (all of them from behind) over the course of 3 sessions against the training dummy. The WWS reports are here:
Edit: WWS reports and log files are no longer available.
- Out of 11,500 attacks, 2201 (19.14%) of them missed. Since I did not have any points in Precision, and I had 258 hit rating (7.87%), this would estimate the white miss chance at 19.14% + 7.87% = 27.01%. (My statistics is a bit rusty. Could someone please calculate a confidence interval for this data?) Assuming that the correct value is 27%, this is a decrease by 1% from the Burning Crusade value.
- Out of 11,500 attacks, 1557 (13.54%) of them crit. My character sheet physical crit chance was 18.03%, so this suggests that crit chance was reduced by 4.51% against a raid boss mob. I'm not sure what the previously assumed value for this was, but by dissecting Vulajin's spreadsheet, it looks like his spreadsheet assumes crit chance is only reduced by 0.6% against boss mobs. Is this a significant change since BC, or is there a tooltip error? Or did I make a mistake?
- Out of 11,500 attacks, 512 (4.45%) of them were dodged. I had 2% worth of expertise, so this seems to be consistent with the previously found values of anywhere between 6.25% and 6.5% dodge chance.
In addition, during these tests, I had applied to both weapons. I do not have any points in Improved Poisons. Some further observations based on this:
- Out of 4449 poison procs, 328 (7.37%) of them missed. Since I did not have any points in Precision, and I had 258 hit rating (9.84% spell), this would estimate the poison miss chance at 7.37% + 9.84% = 17.21%. This appears to be consistent with the assumption that poisons behave like regular spells (at 17% miss rate).
- Out of 4121 successful poison procs, 1864 (45.23%) of them were partially mitigated.
Can anyone else confirm the findings of this test? Are there any other mechanics that should be retested now?