[02.08.09] Blood Boil Range Reduction
[02.11.09] Devs Working on Fixing "Diseaseless" Specs
[02.15.09] Blood Plague HoT removal to be "looked at"
[02.17.09] Blizzard working on "equalizing" DK Talent Trees
- Blood Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.
- Sudden Doom â€“ this talent now procs a Death Coil rather than requiring an additional button click. It works similarly to shamansâ€™ Lightning Overload.
- Pestilence â€“ this spell no longer causes damage but just spreads diseases. Blood Boil is intended to be the general area attack, and has been changed to be castable on targets with no diseases on them, but does extra damage if diseases are present.
- Blood Boil range reduced.
- Unbreakable Armor now absorbs a flat amount of damage that increases as your armor increases. It no longer boosts armor.
- The Frost tree has been shuffled. Among other things, PvP talents such as Endless Winter are closer to the top of the tree where Blood and Unholy death knights can access them.
- Magic Suppression and Blood of the North have been reduced to 3 ranks for the same benefit.
- Gargoyle and Unholy Blight have swapped talent positions. Gargoyleâ€™s damage has increased and runic power cost per time has decreased.
- What do they mean when they say the Frost tree will be shuffled?
- Will the Blood Boil changes prompt a change in the glyph as well? (Probably)
- By how much has the range of Blood Boil been reduced?
- How much Armor Penetration will Blood Gorged grant?
- What will be done to encourage the usage of diseases for all Death Knight specs?
Points of Discussion
- Will the change to Sudden Doom make Blood rotations easier to manage?
- How much of a nerf to specs like 0/32/39 was the repositioning of the Gargoyle? How much DPS will be gained by picking up Unholy Blight? Will Unholy dps see a noticeable increase from the changes to the Garg?
Changes listed in italics are the most recent additions.