- Bloodlust/Heroism: Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated and Exhausted now last 10 minutes.
- Frostbrand Weapon: Damage increased by approximately 20%.
- Poison Cleansing Totem and Disease Cleansing Totem have been merged into Cleansing Totem. Cleansing Totem pulses every 3 sec, down from 5.
- New Talent: Booming Echoes: Reduces the cooldown of your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 1/2 sec., and increases the direct damage done by your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 10/20%.
- Tremor Totem: Now correctly pulses every 3 sec, up from 1 sec.
- Toughness: No longer increases your armor. Instead, this talent now increases your total Stamina by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Thunderstorm is now useable while stunned.
- Lava Flows now Iincreases the critical strike damage bonus of your Lava Burst spell by an additional 6/12/24%, and when your Flame Shock is dispelled your spell casting speed is increased by 10/20/30% for 6 sec.
- Lightning Overload changed from 5 to 3 ranks, now Gives your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells a 7/14/20% (Up from 4/8/12/16/20%) chance to cast a second, similar spell on the same target at no additional cost that causes half damage and no threat.
- Elemental Mastery has been changed to - When activated, your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell becomes an instant cast spell. In addition, your Fire, Frost, and Nature damage spells a 15% increased critical strike chance for 15 sec. Elemental Mastery shares a cooldown with Nature's Swiftness. Instant, 3 min cooldown
- Storm, Earth, and Fire : Earthbind Totem also has a 33/66/100% chance to root targets for 5 sec when cast and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by 20%.
- Elemental Reach now also increases the range of your Flame Shock by 7/15 yards.
- Stoneclaw Totem has been changed to display the amount of damage absorbed. (990 damage for Rank 9)
- Totem of Wrath range has had both componenets set to 40 yards.
- Earth Elemental Totem: The summoned Earth Elemental should now have significantly more health and slightly more armor.
- Fire Elemental Totem: The summoned Fire Elemental should now have moderately more health and mana, and its damage scaling has been increased. In addition, the Fire Elementalâ€™s spells now cost less mana.
- The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced
- Condensing Mana Spring and Healing Spring Totem. Per GhostCrawler: "We have another idea for the mana totem."
- Storm, Earth, and Fire: Also affects the DD portion of Flame Shock by 20/40/60%
- Chain Lightning in 3.1
We aren't changing Chain Lightning for 3.1. We originally wanted to make CL more clearly an AE spell, which meant improving the number of targets. But we think it has a decent niche as is. There are bigger fish to fry.
CL has a shorter cast time, so it's fun (for some shamans at least) to try and use it to fill in short gaps based on haste, procs, movement, etc. even on single targets. Being able to mix and match LB and CL the right way is one manner in which great Elementals can distinguish themselves from good Elementals.
After doing some more research, confab'ing with some pro shamans, and reading lots of forum posts, we decided this was probably a sufficient niche for CL and trying to push it into a purely AE role would mean a loss of fun for some shamans. The cost didn't seem worth the beneft any longer so we scrapped the plan. You can chalk this up to an example where your feedback counted in making that call.
An alternative is something like encouraging more Flame Shocks after Lava Bursts or whatever to try and make the rotation more interesting. That's not something we're going to mess with for 3.1 but might be something to consider in the future.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire changed toReduces the cooldown of your Chain Lightning spell by .75 sec (on all ranks, down from 0.75/1/2.5sec),
Currently not affecting Totem of Hex.
Glyph of Totem of Wrath:
Currently allowing dual spec users to swap specs, apply the buff, then change to another spec while retaining the buff.
- Glyph of Hex: Increases the damage your Hex target can take before the Hex effect is removed by 20%.
- Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem: Your Stoneclaw Totem also places a damage absorb shield on you, equal to 4 times the strength of the shield it places on your totems. *not affected by Talent Earth's Grasp*
- Glyph of Thunder: Reduces the cooldown on Thunderstorm by 10 sec. *Now a Major Glyph again*
- Glyph of Totem of Wrath: When you cast Totem of Wrath, you gain 30% of the totem's bonus spell power for 5 min.