Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.
Message to User:
It's a forum, not a blog.
I usually play Elemental and have BiS, except for 3 items. Last couple of weeks as we wind down with Tier 7 raiding, I've been playing Enhance with mostly 10-man gear and a few 25-man pieces. I've really enjoying learning how to play Enhance and I've been surprised at how high dps is with my current gear. I did 5200 dps on Patchwerk on Tuesday (this is before getting Calamity's Grasp), which is higher than I've done as Elemental.
Anyway, the question I have now is whether to stick with Enhance or go with Elemental. Here are some of the pros and cons I'm debating.
- Higher dps potential than Elem on single target fights (at least from my experience and playing around with elem and enhance dps sims)
- Unleashed Rage Buff & 4% more haste from Windfury, we don't have anyone in our raid providing either buff
- More dynamic gameplay since it doesn't use a set rotation
- Threat is a bigger issue since aggro pull is 110% instead of 130% as Elem (hopefully the 3.1 threat talent change will help with this)
- Melee has to worry more about movement, which causes lower dps on high movement fights, and they also seem to die more frequently (whirlwinds, ice block on KT, etc)
- Lower dps than elem on AOE fights
- Less affected by high movement fights
- Totem of Wrath buff, but this will probably be trivialized with Demonology Locks in 3.1
- Better at off-healing since they have higher SP and mana pools, plus gear can be shared with a resto set for fights they may need to switch to resto
- Better AOE than Enhance
- Potentially lower dps on single target fights
- Gameplay is a bit more boring since it's a set rotation
Anyway, I know that this really comes down to personal preference, but I guess my struggle is I feel like Enhance has higher dps potential and I want to put out the highest dps I can, but I worry about other things, such as movement fights limiting melee dps and AOE not being as strong. Just looking to get some perspectives from experienced enhance and elem shamans.