Originally Posted by MmoChampion
Talent / Skill Changes
* Anti-magic Shell: The amount of damage this ability can absorb is now limited to 100% of the death knightâ€™s health.
* Blood Boilâ€™s damage increased to make up for Pestilence no longer doing damage.
* Blood Boil now does some damage to undiseased targets and extra damage to diseased targets. Its radius has been decreased.
* Blood Plague: Now lasts 15 seconds untalented.
* Blood Strike: Bonus damage for diseases is now a multiplier rather than a flat bonus.
* Death Pact: This heal cannot be critical.
* Death Strike: The amount of healing per damage done has been reduced by 20%.
* Frost Fever: Now lasts 15 seconds untalented.
* Frost Presence: Now grants 5% damage reduction instead of 15% magic damage reduction.
* Obliterate: Bonus damage for diseases now increases damage done by a percentage rather than a flat amount.
* Pestilence does no damage and has only 1 rank.
* Plague Strike and Blood Plague no longer remove heal-over-time effects. Plague Strikeâ€™s damage increased quite a bit to compensate.
* Raise Ally now has a cooldown greater than 15 minutes and can no longer be used in Arenas.
* Raise Dead: Duration lowered to 60 seconds and cooldown lowered to 3 minutes. The cooldown on this ability now begins when the pet dies rather than when it is summoned.
* Rune of Cinderglacier now procs per minute instead of a 5% chance.
* Rune of the Fallen Crusader: This weapon enchant now provides only 15% strength, but its chance to proc is doubled.
* Rune of Razorice now affects Frost damage done by the death knight only, but stacks up to 10%.
* Strangulate no longer does damage and has been reduced to 1 rank.
* Abominationâ€™s Might: This effect can now also be caused by Death Strike.
* Blade Barrier: Now grants 1/2/3/4/5% damage reduction instead of 2/4/6/8/10% parry.
* Blood Aura: Replaced with Improved Blood Presence. This allows the death knight to keep the healing-from-damage-done bonus of Blood Presence in any presence, and increases healing received while in Blood Presence.
* Blood-Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.
* Bloody Strikes: The bonus damage this talent grants to Blood Boil has been reduced to 10/20/30%.
* Bloodworms now heal more.
* Dancing Rune Weapon: Damage done by, and duration of this pet is reduced by 50%, but the cooldown is reduced to 90 seconds. Attack speed of pet increased from 2.0 to 3.5.
* New talent: Improved Death Strike: Increases Death Strike damage by 10/20%, and critical strike chance by 3/6%.
* Heart Strike: Bonus damage for diseases is now a multiplier rather than a flat bonus. No longer affected by Glyph of Blood Strike.
* Hysteria: This ability now causes the target to lose health rather than take damage.
* Might of Mograine: No longer affects Obliterate.
* Scent of Blood: Will now proc on a dodge, parry or when taking damage, and now grants 10 runic power per charge. Internal cooldown removed.
* Spell Deflection: This talent has been increased to 15/30/45% damage reduction from a direct damage spell.
* Sudden Doom now procs a free Death Coil instead of requiring you to push the button. Ranks reduced from 5 to 3.
* Vampiric Blood: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes from 1 minute.
* Will of the Necropolis: This ability now has a 15 second cooldown on how often it can occur.
* The following talents have moved in the Frost tree: Runic Power Mastery, Glacier Rot, Killing Machine, Chilblains, and Endless Winter.
* Black Ice: This talent now provides a 2/4/6/8/10% bonus to Frost and Shadow damage instead of 4/8/12/16/20% to Frost.
* Blood of the North: Now also increases damage dealt by Frost Strike by 3/6/9/12/15%.
* Chillblains: Now a 15/30/50% movement speed debuff up from 30%. Can no longer be dispelled.
* Frost Aura: Replaced with Improved Frost Presence. Allows the deathknight to keep the health bonus of Frost Presence in any presence, and decreases magic damage taken while in Frost Presence.
* Glacier Rot: 3rd rank added, and damage bonus increased to 7/13/20%.
* Howling Blast: Base damage and scaling doubled. This ability no longer deals bonus damage to targets with Frost Fever. 8-second cooldown. Swapped positions with Hungering Cold in the talent tree.
* Icy Talons and Improved Icy Talons: These talents now have new icons.
* Improved Icy Touch: Now increases Icy Touch damage by 5/10/15% instead of by 10/20/30%.
* Lichborne: No longer improves your chance to be missed. Now correctly grants immunity, and will break all effects to which Lichborne makes you immune.
* Rime: When this talent triggers, it also resets the cooldown on Howling Blast.
* Runic Power Mastery: Moved up to tier-1 and reduced to 2 ranks (15/30%).
* Tundra Stalker: Now increases the damage on abilities by 3/6/9/12/15% instead of 2/4/6/8/10%.
* Unbreakable Armor: Now grants damage reduction instead of physical damage reduction. Cooldown increased to 2 minutes from 1 minute.
* Bone Shield: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes from 1 minute.
* Desecration: This talent now has a 100% chance to be triggered, works with Scourge Strike, and instantly snares targets within the Desecration area. Additional points in the talent increase the damage bonus and snare magnitude instead of increasing the chance it will be triggered.
* New Talent: Ghoul Frenzy: Grants 25% melee haste to your pet and heals it for 30% of its maximum health. Costs 1 Unholy Rune. Requires at least 30 points in the Unholy tree.
* Impurity: This talent is reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% bonus to attack power scaling.
* Magic Suppression: Now has 3 ranks (down from 5) for 2/4/6% magic damage reduction.
* Master of Ghouls: Now also reduces the cooldown on Raise Dead by 60 seconds. This talent now requires at least 25 points in the Unholy tree, and has Night of the Dead as a prerequisite.
* Night of the Dead: Redesigned to grant a flat reduction on cooldown to Raise Dead and Army of the Dead instead of a reduction from using abilities. Requires at least 15 points in the Unholy tree; prerequisite for Master of Ghouls.
* Outbreak: No longer increases Blood Boil damage. Now gives a 7/13/20% damage bonus to Scourge Strike. Plague Strike Bonus lowered to 10/20/30%.
* Reaping: Now procs on Blood Strike and Pestilence instead of Blood Strike and Blood Boil.
* Scourge Strike: Damage increased. Bonus damage for diseases now increases damage done by a percentage rather than a flat amount.
* Shadow of Death: This talent has been removed.
* Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the death knight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.
* Unholy Blight and Gargoyle have swapped places in the Unholy tree. Gargoyle is the new 51-point Unholy talent.
* Vicious Strikes: This talent no longer affects Death Strike.
* Acclimation: This talent will no longer sometimes grant nature resistance while fighting Sapphiron.
* Anti-magic Zone: This ability will no longer cause strange absorb messages in the combat log and floating combat text.
* Dancing Rune Weapon: Fixed a bug making it trigger an unusual number of effects from the weapon equipped by the death knight. In addition, it will now only echo death knight spells whose primary purpose is dealing damage. This pet will no longer break stealth on nearby targets and attack them. Also corrected a bug making the effect last 8 seconds longer than intended.
* Death Coil: This spell will no longer sometimes cause the death knight to animate a swing twice.
* Death Grip: This spell will no longer automatically cast on the nearest enemy when no valid target is selected.
* Death Runes: Fixed a bug where it was possible when using two abilities with the same rune cost to not get correctly granted a second Death Rune when appropriate.
* Ebon Plaguebringer: Multiple death knights can now use this debuff against a target without overwriting each other.
* Howling Blast: Each rank now properly shares a cooldown with the other ranks.
* Necrosis: The damage from this ability will no longer benefit multiple times from damage increasing effects.
* Pestilence: This ability will now spread disease centered on a position between the death knight and its target, rather than the targetâ€™s center position (for very large creatures, this used to cause no disease spread at all).
* Raise Ally: The buff from this ability can no longer be right clicked to cancel. In order to end the effect, the player controlling the Risen Ghoul must right click on the unit portrait and dismiss the pet. In addition, using this ability on a player whose level is too low will now give a â€œTarget is too low levelâ€ error message instead of â€œYou have no target.â€
* Raise Dead: This pet now despawns instantly when it dies. In addition, this ability can no longer be used while riding any type of vehicle. The Risen Ghoul is also now properly immune to Charm, Fear, Sleep, and Horror.
* Rune of Cinderglacier: Charges of this will now only be used if the target actually took damage from the attack.
* Scent of Blood: This talent can no longer be triggered by environmental damage.
* Scourge Strike: The tooltip incorrectly stated it did 60% weapon damage increased by 9% from diseases, when it was actually 45% increased 11% from diseases. The tooltip has been corrected, but the damage done is unchanged.
* Sigil of Awareness: The tooltip on this incorrectly indicated it added much more damage than it actually did. The tooltip has been corrected to show the actual bonus.
* Summon Gargoyle: The Gargoyle will no longer re-attack rogues after they Vanish, or night elves who use Shadowmeld. Monsters will stop trying to chase a Gargoyle after it flies away. The debuff on the target indicating he or she is being pursued by a Gargoyle will no longer display the duration, and will be removed when the buff is removed from the death knight. Max duration in the tooltip changed to 40 seconds.
# Death Knight
* Glyph of Blood Boil: This has been replaced with Glyph of Heart Strike, which adds a snare effect to Heart Strike.
* Glyph of Dancing Rune Weapon: Increases the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 10 seconds.
* Glyph of Dark Death: Increases the damage done by Death Coil by 15%.
* Glyph of Death Strike: This glyph now increases Death Strike damage by 1% per 2 runic power, but has a limit of 25% increase.
* Glyph of Disease: Your Pestilence ability now refreshes disease durations on your primary target back to their maximum duration.
* Glyph of Howling Blast: Your Howling Blast ability now infects your targets with Frost Fever.
* Glyph of Hungering Cold: Reduces the cost of Hungering Cold by 10 runic power.
* Glyph of Icebound Fortitude: Icebound Fortitude now grants at least 30% damage reduction, regardless of defense skill.
* Glyph of Plague Strike: Bonus lowered to 20%.
* Glyph of Strangulate: This glyph has been changed to reduce the cooldown by 20 seconds.
* Glyph of Unbreakable Armor: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by Unbreakable Armor by 20%.
* Glyph of Unholy Blight: Increases the duration of Unholy Blight by 10 seconds.
3.1 DK Relevent Patch Notes.
1 reply to this topic
Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:12 PM
Will Update as soon as any other things are known or posted.
Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:23 PM
This is locked, it's intended just to be your list of 3.1 changes, not a jumping point for discussion. That still belongs in your relevant spec thread.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users